Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
2023 is the year RLM go mainstream.

Rich Evans is going to be Julie Robert's Oscar date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
We need more hot mike photos on page 1.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
1 RLM documentaries
2 RLM commentaries
3 Nerd Crew
4 Mike surprises Rich
5 BotW

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I purpose every poster has a quota of no more 2 weird youtube links per week.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Did someone mention Star Wars? Cause I was just wondering do u think that Jabba The Hutt gets embarrassed when he poos out eggs in front of Salacious B. Crumb??? sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha. and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of Jabba pooping an egg while he looks nervous or embarrassed i just want to see it for a few laughs haha. another thing i am wondering is what do you think the eggs smell like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to smell them

Let Damien Chazelle write and direct a star war!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
https://i.imgur.com/lxdnwpj.mp4

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
2023 is the year we replace Star War chat with Avatar chat. Also "3" in 2023 foreshadow 3 thread youtubers.

The Tulkun amrita!

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 1, 2023

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Sunk Dunk posted:

bonus: some of her favorite movies in 94 as seen in her fan newsletter

1994 was a pretty good year. Guess Monique didn't like Pulp Fiction.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I kind of want to send in a Monique G tape. Better money spent than paying for behind the scene video on Patreon. What is the best MonG movie hasn't been covered by RLM?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I went to her IMDB page and pressed sort by rating, all of the videos on the top are playboy penthouse videos. Basically 90s version of onlyfans.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
According to my napkin math. At the current pace of 0% drop and 245 million a week box office gross, the King needs 7 more weeks to climb back to the top of the world again (woo-hoo).

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The first person who sent RLM the first Nukie tape in 2013 was a time traveler.

https://twitter.com/redlettermedia/status/384757991108390912?s=20

He single handedly started the biggest butterfly effect in order to circumvent the darkest timeline.

In the new timeline, the Nukie tape will sell for over 200k USD and forever change the landscape of the VHS collector market. Mike will eventually quite being a content creator and go on the create "Nukiecoin"'.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I didn't even realize Nukie was a South African production. Can Disney even find the rights holder to buy it or they have to do that thing to copyright free IP? Disney's Tim Burton's Nukie.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Why is Tom Hanks is a man called Otto? I need to know!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Actors who know their time are up and quietly hanging up the hats get bonus points from me.

I am thinking off Jack Nicholson, Anthony Hopkin. Maybe I just haven't come any more lead roles from Anthony Hopkin, but his last memory from me is Westworld S1 which is GOAT.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

DaysBefore posted:

Sadly my last memory of Hopkins is Westworld season 2

Sorry Westworld S2 doesn't exist. It's a urban legend.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Popoto posted:

what about planning a story from start to finish, the number of episodes and seasons it’ll take to do that story, finding the funding for it and then executing it fully?

I think Netflix should do a Star Wars trilogy.

DaysBefore posted:

On the other side of that is Lost. It was originally planned as a tight three seasons but the suits were speechless at the idea of voluntarily ending a popular (read profitable) show and made them keep it going.

My preferred solution of Hollywood shows with uncertain season length is that the showrunners actually make good finale at the original planned pace, and then make more seasons but kind of treat them as spinoff seasons.

For example Californication has a perfect series finale at the end of s4. Hank drives his lovely Porches off into the sunset. And then there were 3? more seasons after that you can totally take it or leave it.

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 3, 2023

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Sunk Dunk posted:

thats why i dont start watching a show until at least 5 years after it's done airing

Pretty much. And I only watch the good seasons.

I wish imdb still have their forums, so you can go to one place to talk about old movies and old shows.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I haven't watched new tv shows in a while. Are there alot of new shows based on old movies? Soft reboot?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Jenny is the Avatar movies of youtube. Middle aged dorks can't get over their popularity.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Beastie posted:

Speaking of weird scifi based on books I watched Live.Die.Repeat and I can't help but think how much cooler the original title and the source material was:

All You Need is Kill.

Still was a good movie but it flounders in the final act.

It's a weaker outing of the Tom Cruise bring Tom Cruise movies (outside of that Emily Blunt push up), it doesn't deserve such a cool title.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
RLM is the best friends hangout together youtube channel. Therefore it has nothing in common with Jenny.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Is Tom Cruise still making MI8 in space? Before the russians cut off the other modules on ISS?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Only Plane, not Planes. Singular. Otherwise Disney will chase Gerard Butler out of town.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
This post is sponsored by Manscaping Blackhoe 3.0

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Never heard of these channels, but they have the best thumbnail faces

Also watching a 2016 movie for the first time.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

colonelwest posted:

At this point I could almost say that I would watching the Back to the Future Movies for the first time, because I only ever saw them in bits and pieces on TV in the 90’s and it was mostly just the third one which was constantly playing in a loop on TNT.

Yeah I have very similar experience to BTTF Franchise. I watched Indy trilogy way later than everyone else but the movies were good enough so I watched them all from beginning to end like normal blockbuster movies. BTTF I tried to watch but it felt like the movie was targeting a different audience so I got distracted and never finished it. I still haven't watched Citizen Kane btw, just never work up the mood to watch it.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Mission Impossible movies have the most generic subtitles

Here is how I remember them
MI4: Dubai!
MI5: Plane! (Also Rebecca Ferguson's legs)
MI6: Paris! (Also Henry Cavill mustache)
MI7: Bike Base Jump!

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
What is Wonka and what is that bug logo movie?

I can't wait to watch the bootleg of FLASH, hopping on the hype train wreck.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Look forward to the next movie, Evil Dead Rising.

I have covered war you know.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
How fast was the loving Snowcat?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Saw 2 movies

The Last of Sheila. I really like it. Every character play it straight in a fine murder mystery. Goons who like Glass Onion check it out. Can't say anymore I don't want to spoiler it. Only down side is the characters are all Hollywood types so it may turn you off.

Deathtrap, this movie rubbed me the wrong way. It's obviously based on a play and everyone yells like they are in a play, even the thunder looks like fake stage thunder. The writer tried so hard winking at the audience half of the time. I have only watched 2 Christopher Reeve movies but I have a slight suspicion he was a bad actor.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

colonelwest posted:

Maybe one of our resident YouTube megastars can sign up for the press tour and interview Neill Blomkamp on their phone while going through a McDonalds drive-through.

And you will be the first thread goon to appear in a RLM video.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I think Halo has a pretty uninteresting and bleak overworld. None of the races is interesting. Amazon or Apple or whatever should have make a Mass Effect show instead. Or Half-life, you can make an interesting side story in that world on the cheap.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Kingo Ligma posted:

So has YouTube decided they can make more in subscription revenue for premium than advertising? Because the advertising has become so loving ridiculous it's unwatchable without a premium account. I've tried to watch a bunch of concerts over the past week and every second song has an ad shoved in the middle. Songs don't really work with a random subway ad shoved in at some random point in the second verse.

People with vpn has been buying youtube premium from India or Cyprus ip, cost about $15 a year. I might have to do it once my 3-month trail codes run out.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

PostNouveau posted:

There is usually an overabundance of clues that point to every character but the detective in the "locked room", which makes the reveal of the killer pretty arbitrary (this is what the famous multiple endings of "Clue" were playing on. Or the ending to Murder on the Orient Express where everyone was in on the murder) Who actually done it is kinda beside the point of watching the detective figure it out.

You can often solve them not by piecing together the clues, but by asking who would be the most narratively interesting killer/s like Death on the Nile the breakup was faked and the finance and former best friend were working together or Crooked House the pre-teen girl did it.

Yeah, also the formula of A+B couple work together to kill C but surprise look at the remaining running time of the movie, you know the twist is going to be A actually works with C to kill B. I just saw 2 movies recently of this twist.

And because the bad guys can't win, a late introduced D will figure out the bad guys.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

AARD VARKMAN posted:

the only thing I intend to do today is watch at least 1 Asian Crime Movie

Whatever VHS with Chow Yun Fat+sunglasses on the cover.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
last 30 minutes

The Arab investors are going to call in and snipe it.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So obviously for Avatar 3, the blue Stephen Lang is the good guy right? He is going to be the Vegeta of Avatar. And then the bad guy is going to be a young human Stephen Lang, fully cgi. This is going to be the gimmick of A3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

kalel posted:

yeah there's no suspension of disbelief there, earth sucks right now and it's only going to get worse

in avatar 6 when the Navi invade earth in 25XX, the planet should look exactly the same as it does in 2023 so its inevitable destruction has the maximum catharsis possible for the audience. show me the Chinese iphone sweatshops getting overrun by magical plants. show me factory owners clawing at their skin as hundreds of mushrooms erupt from their bodies. show me the Capitol building getting obliterated by a magical friendship laser, armageddon-style, straight from Pandora itself like it's some kind of biological death star. then, and only then, will you have my respect, james frederick cameron

Oh I get it, Avatar 1-2 are first act of Starship Troopers, A3-6 are 2nd and 3rd acts of Starship Troopers. The Navis are going to sky people's home planet to catch the giant human brain.