Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021
Hello friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Road Warrior > Fury Road > Beyond Thunder Dome > Mad Max

It's impressive to get so many wrong when there are only 4 choices.

Fury Road > Road Warrior > Max Max > Beyond Thunderdome

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021
I forget who was ragging on Josh's "The Future is Female" splinter shirt, but that's an in-joke from a Comedy Bang Bang offshoot podcast, so I gotta side with Josh on this one. Kind of. I like the podcast but I wouldn't buy or wear the shirt. OK nevermind rag away.

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021

Crescent Wrench posted:

I really enjoy having a Letterboxd account just for having a full list of what I've seen that I can sort and filter with ease, so much so that I even threw them some money for a subscription, but I don't rate movies whatsoever. I just no longer think about film, or music, or any kind of art, in numerical terms. It makes no sense to me to say "Oh yeah, that song is a 7 out of 10" or "That novel is a B+" or whatever. Oddly enough I really enjoy reading critics--I wrote many music and film reviews for official and unofficial publications all the way through college, and even considered it a possible career goal at times--but I just changed my thinking on grading systems. Also, even if I wanted to grade movies going forward, there's no way I could go back and rate every movie I've ever seen, and the inconsistency in having so many unrated movies on my list would kill that obsessive, orderly part of my stupid brain. It even bothers me when I see it on other people's accounts, I couldn't take that kind of chaos on my own profile.

Ok

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021

Crescent Wrench posted:

This song came out when I was in college and I got a minor dressing down because I wasn't familiar with it. The person was acting like I said I'd never heard of the Beatles or something.

Hadn’t heard of who now?

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021

X JAKK posted:

Avengers 7: somehow Palpatine

Avengers 8: Space Jam 6

Avengers 9: Detroit Tigers 3

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021
I was just thinking I should watch Inside Llewyn Davis and here you guys are mentioning Adam Driver and Justin Timberlake.. I'm on it already jeez

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021

kalel posted:

oh poo poo me too!!!

what a great movie that I hated so, so much on first watch

Same, I hated it and then couldn’t stop thinking about it

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021

kalel posted:

they're my favorite. shitlord

Don’t sign your posts

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Xjakk is a nice man who will find his audience.

His audience, if it ever existed, died out in 2009

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021
They still have the nukie shelf in this video

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i think thats the poster of the nukie tape wall, theres no depth to it

Yeah I think you are right. I’m watching on my phone and didn’t notice.

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021

Randarkman posted:

:cryingdavidlynch:

1.25x speed too baby

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021
Why are we talking about Star Trek in the Jenny thread

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021
I like improv.

I listen to a lot of podcasts that are improv and they are consistently good, and the last time I laughed so hard my sides hurt was checking out my friends improv duo. They were the middle team and the first and third teams made me want to jump off a bridge, but my friends team had me in tears.

I guess, like most forms of entertainment, there is a spectrum of good and bad, and the bad stuff can be unbearably bad?

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021
Apropos of nothing, I'm watching Better Off Dead for the first time. It hasn't aged very well, but it's kind of interesting watching Dan Schneider playing himself as the creepy predatory mouthbreather next door.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021

colonelwest posted:

Omg lol I literally thought this was some sort of sped up re-edit, holly poo poo I completely forgot how much this movie sucks.

I forgot entirely that David Spade was in it