Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
And a happy nuke year to all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Sunk Dunk posted:

drat renner ran himself over with a beast.

we should all download the renner app in solidarity

This is a rickshaw?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Sort of? Didn't they just crop-in footage from previous seasons?

I laughed very loudly when I noticed what they were doing. It was pretty memorable.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Sunk Dunk posted:

updated demographics:

Do people actually put in real info for sites like YouTube and poo poo? I assumed everyone used bullshit data like 4/20/1969 or 1/23/45 for all birthdates and etc.?

Or does YT do the digging itself?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Kingo Ligma posted:

It's the height of summer post global warming so depending on the time of day it's either 10'c and raining or 35'c and humid as Louis CK's aura
Predator, Roadhouse and Total Recall are all excellent, sweaty, manly films.

Also, Tombstone, maybe? I can't recall how sweaty that is or if I've memory-blendered that together with all the very sweaty Leone westerns.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

AARD VARKMAN posted:

there's like ten million good asian crime movies and we should watch and discuss every single one of them itt

voice of a different person that's not me: yeah, i agree!

wow who said that
I mean, hell yeah, that goes without saying. Also, all of these: http://www.shawbrothersuniverse.com/shaw-brothers-classic-film-collection/ A lot used to be free on Prime, but not so much these days.

Dirty Ho, Killer Constable, Kid with the Golden Arm and many, many more classics to get drunk to and laugh at/along with.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
How awful is your day-job, XJAKK, that watching Velma is an escape or relief?

Maybe you are punishing yourself for something. But it can't have been that bad...

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Prurient Squid posted:

Is that the film where the camera switches between four different colour temperatures in as many seconds.

Yes, but it's the one that isn't from an Iranian director making a movie in California.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Teach all those wild parrots in LA/whatever to copy every variety of Rich's laughs, so when they flock up the sky becomes a theater full of joy.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Scallop Eyes posted:

Watched Master and Commander with my dad and now I'm pissed this image isn't real.

It was so fun that I'll probably look for the Sharpe adaptations now.
I've probably recommended it before, but the Hornblower series of TV movies are also pretty fun for what they are. At least the first four(?) are, after that I feel they start to lose steam the weather gauge. A fine pairing with Sharpe for that low/mid budget napoleonic war itch.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
It may be fair to call Equilibrium silly, from several points of view, but not dumb.

Ultraviolet is dumb.
ex.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S-6OSbavHA&t=40s

Roumba fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 8, 2023

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Remember when Rey cleric-magic healed a dying sand dragon, and then it let her loot a magical treasure from the corpse that it was guarding for some reason?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
My best bud saw the new Dungeons and Dragons movie on a lark and then texted that it was "Surprisingly, pretty good movie" and "Go see it"

Clearly, someone is holding a gun to his head. I have avoided seeing this film so far (because the trailer made it look like absolute trash), but I don't want his blood on my hands. Do I contact the FBI?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Fellas, I really pushed myself this time. While there were several moments when I doubted if I could make it, in the end, I triumphed.

I made it through all 14 minutes of XJAKK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

So… was it worth it?

I laughed 1.5 times. So, it depends how much your time and sanity means to you.