Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bone emulator posted:

I'm not fact checking this but I can only assume that
Flash Party [PC] – January 10, is an Atari 50 style collection of the hottest Flash games from the early 00s

wow Silksong comes out early!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm hoping dead island 2 is good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

One Piece Odyssey [PS5, XSX, PS4] – January 13

Hell yes let's One some Pieces

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

XSX still looks wrong to me

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Does one piece: odyssey not have frankie or brooks?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, it's got Franky and Brook. It doesn't have Jinbei because it started development before he officially joined the crew.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

XSX still looks wrong to me

Why were people able to understand the difference between Xbox One X/Xbox Series X but not Wii/Wii U (psyop??)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Microsoft explained the difference properly

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Microsoft didn’t put out a confusing reveal trailer like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e3qaPg_keg

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
It's actually not possible to watch that video and reasonably conclude that the Wii U is a console.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Xbox SeX

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

What will be your GotY 2023?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/lukyy224/status/1609011018507714561?t=1bGvtne7XsnCse-ckCgP4A&s=19

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Well it's currently Dragonflight, cause it's legitimately good - as opposed to previous expansions which were legitimately bad

Also I'm a butterfly
https://i.imgur.com/9f758ME.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It'll likely be whatever new Mario game gets released this year tho

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Gripweed posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Infinitum posted:

It'll likely be whatever new Mario game gets released this year tho

If I recall correctly the last “proper” Mario game was Bowser’s Fury so it’d be nice to get another 3D (or even 2D for that matter) platformer again

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
was about to post i dont know what game to be the first of 2023, but then i already had MagicArena open with a match going and now im wondering if that even counts. its not a game so much as it is chores

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

I had to re-read this and confirm it said survivors and not saviors given it’s Sajam

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

bone emulator posted:

The new Fire Emblem might be good, right?

My prediction is that older Fire Emblem fans are absolutely going to love it but 3H fans are going to be meh about it. I'm going to wait for reviews.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Wondering if someone can recommend a product that allowed them to connect a XSX to a Displayport monitor while allowing it to take advantage of the display's high refresh rate. What I've learned so far are the cables are not unidirectional usually, but they often are made to go from DP source to HDMI, not the other way around. Several I've found on Amazon only promise 1440p @60hz.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I don’t care for FE: Engage’s premise. Feels like a best of game with all the old heroes making cameos as summonable stands, and I wonder if it’ll have much of its own identity

Love the Pepsi hair though

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wuggles posted:

I'm playing The 7th Guest's #2 game of the year: Grapple Dog
it's really fun and the music is so good (i just wish it was more than one tune per world -_-)

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Volte posted:

It's actually not possible to watch that video and reasonably conclude that the Wii U is a console.

The more fundamental problem was that the “new Wii controller” wasn’t a compelling enough product for people to care enough to Google it and find out what it actually was, though the branding confusion probably didn’t help

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think it's also part of Microsoft's periodic attempts to broaden the "XBOX" brand to be more their gaming platform (including Windows) as a whole which wasn't the case for the Wii

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hyped for Dead Space Remake this month.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I had to re-read this and confirm it said survivors and not saviors given it’s Sajam

the real question that needs to be answered.... will it kill?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Gripweed posted:

Hopefully FFXVI

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gripweed posted:

https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/1601089856347975680

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah! If Armored Core 6 comes out this year, that will likely be my Game of the Year. Biggest disappointment of 2023 will likely either be Starfield, or Diablo IV.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I think Armored Core is going to make a lot of people angry

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

I think Armored Core is going to make a lot of people angry

This too. So many Souls fans are going to just buy it and not understand the game. They are going to think they are getting a Souls game, but it won't be that at all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Miyazaki literally had to tell IGN like five times in one interview that it's not a Souls game it's an Armored Core game

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I said come in! posted:

This too. So many Souls fans are going to just buy it and not understand the game. They are going to think they are getting a Souls game, but it won't be that at all.

Yep. I think a lot of people will be expecting an elden ring like game and will get some spreadsheet, overly complex mech crap.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Sekiro isn't a Souls game either but still managed to leave people thinking it is, so maybe Armored Core will share sufficient DNA that enough people will squint hard enough that it will become one.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
There's a game in the arcade in Judgement or maybe Yakuza 2 or 3. Forget the name of it, but you pick from 8 robots and then duke it out in an arena. The controls are awkward, the arenas are weird, the gameplay isn't very fun, and the mechs look really cool. I assume armoured core is like that with better graphics

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Virtual On

And this is what the two most recent Armored Core games were like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6yqGBfH4Dc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6IpcH_HqzY

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Volte posted:

Sekiro isn't a Souls game either but still managed to leave people thinking it is, so maybe Armored Core will share sufficient DNA that enough people will squint hard enough that it will become one.

Eh Sekiro's a souls game in most ways excluding the actual combat. It sounds like AC will be mission based like the other games so it probably won't share much DNA.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Help Im Alive posted:

Monster Hunter Rise [PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – January 20
-
Mahokenshi [PC] – January 24

Monster hunter rise is also out on Gamepass that day, isn't it? I'm looking forward to it, I had a lot of fun with world but I had no one to play Rise with, but I can convince some friends to try it on Gamepass.

I'm excited to see Mahokenshi coming out so soon, I tried it during their discord alpha and it seemed like it could be good. I'm a sucked for deck builders and this one also reminds you of Legend of the five rings so it's a day one buy for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I want a Mario Movie Game and I want it to be incredible and strange.