Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

sony remaking ps4 games while their back catalog support is comprised of one gen of back compat, PS3 streaming (lol), and picking two random ps1/psp games out of a hat to slap on their $120 subscription tier

e: they also really halfassed the "PS2 on PS4" catalog, with some games being really buggy or the absolute worst version of the game possible

Motto fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jan 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Failstation

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

PS+ premium is genuinely really baffling on its face until you remember that it's sony rolling PSNow into the PS+ tier system to try and keep people from forgetting about it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

External Organs posted:

No way armored core comes out this year

It's been in development since at least 2016, they waited to announce this one instead of shoving out a trailer right away like they did Elden Ring

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If I were Sony I’d try to latch on to the Armored Core hype and put the PS1 and PS2 games up onto my terrible subscription service

hatty fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 2, 2023

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
please mr Ryan. i just want to play the ps1 games that i could play on my vita. please

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Where does Armored Core fall on the scale of real robots and super robots, are they closer to something like front mission or more like zone of the enders?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gonna be honest. Big robots? They do nothing for me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Early ones are like 0079 and Zeta Gundam and later ones are like Gundam Seed

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Motto posted:

PS+ premium is genuinely really baffling on its face until you remember that it's sony rolling PSNow into the PS+ tier system to try and keep people from forgetting about it

The one thing I like about it aside from the PS1 and PS2 catalogue is that it's stopped me from impulse buying when things go on sale, because most of the things that regularly go on sale are already included including newer stuff. A lot of the popular non-free to play games are also included too so I got to find out l am I'm not as into Vermintide as I thought I was going to be every time I eyeballed on the psn store.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

small robots imho

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/tomqe/status/1609202757499592706?s=20

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Gonna be honest. Big robots? They do nothing for me

What about tiny, chibi ones?

Hwurmp posted:

small robots imho

Yooo that's one of my fave films when I was a kid. Used to watch Batteries Not Included all the time. Such a great film. I should rewatch it.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

It's going to be very difficult for me not to buy a PS5 this year for Final Fantasy XVI.
I know that it's coming to PC but I don't know that I've got the fortitude to wait a year for that.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I started off the new year with Shootas, Blood, and Teef. I'm not crazy about it. The guns feel extremely weak. Like, a regular drat Guardsman takes two shotgun blasts to kill. And I'm playing on easy!

Also, the controls are wild. You aim with one stick and move with the other. Which I'm guessing works fine on a computer but on a controller that's gonna be pretty tough to do precisely so it kinda auto aims a little, but not well at all. Shooting at stuff above or below you is not easy

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

There are rumors of a Horizon Zero Dawn remake being in development

Sony has three games.

lol this game is still one of the best looking out there. this is as goofy and unnecessary as the witcher 3 upgrade

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
man Severed Steel is a ton of fun to play. feels like a cross between Superhot, Mirror’s Edge, Max Payne, and Doom 2016 in the right ways

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Waffleman_ posted:

Sony has three games.

Play Returnal.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

External Organs posted:

No way armored core comes out this year

It'll prolly come out in less than 5 months.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Waffleman_ posted:

Sony has three games.

wasn't that on PS4? Can't you just play it on your PS5?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Didn’t stop TLOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

hatty posted:

Didn’t stop TLOU

That's different, the PS5 can't play PS3 games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

hatty posted:

Didn’t stop TLOU

as totally pointless as this was, at least tlou was originally a ps3 game, not that it really makes it better

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't know how Armored Core plays but if it doesn't play exactly like Bloodborne except you're a robot or a tank or whatever then keep it out of my sight

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I expect nothing less than Mechiro and if I don’t get it I will be super mad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr Hootington posted:

Does one piece: odyssey not have frankie or brooks?

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, it's got Franky and Brook. It doesn't have Jinbei because it started development before he officially joined the crew.

One of the recent trailers did however show that one of the memory levels is Marineford and Luffy is fighting alongside Jinbei in that, so it is possible he may end up being playable after all. I'm not sure if Impel Down is also in the game but I really, really hope so!

FirstAidKite posted:

Yooo that's one of my fave films when I was a kid. Used to watch Batteries Not Included all the time. Such a great film. I should rewatch it.

"We bring good things to life" :shobon:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Armored Core 6 gonna introduce a whole new generation of gamers to tank controls.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Waffleman_ posted:

Sony has three games.

That just came out a few years ago...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feldegast42 posted:

That just came out a few years ago...

i see people ask for a RDR2 remake

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Gonna tell my kids that Lies of P was Armored Core

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I just want to be able to play RDR on PC goddammit :negative:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Armored Core 6 gonna introduce a whole new generation of gamers to tank controls.

Inshallah.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

"We bring good things to life" :shobon:

I like how Carlos tried real hard to turn things around. I want to believe after the movie that he would have become more friendly around the place. Not perfect, but a miracle enough to give everyone a second chance.

There should have been video games aping that movie's premise and aesthetic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gripweed posted:

*Sets the Armored Core For Answer controls to Standard-B* :twisted: get circle strafed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I like how Carlos tried real hard to turn things around. I want to believe after the movie that he would have become more friendly around the place. Not perfect, but a miracle enough to give everyone a second chance.

There should have been video games aping that movie's premise and aesthetic

I felt so bad when Faye realized he wasn't Bobby :smith:

But that movie is just a warm hug, and the ending is just wonderful. Haven't thought of it for years, but it was just delightful.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I’d settle for a graphics update but apparently Rockstar canned that idea when their terrible GTA “remake” became a laughingstock

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Whoever does the AC6 thread make sure to put this front and centre

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I felt so bad when Faye realized he wasn't Bobby :smith:

But that movie is just a warm hug, and the ending is just wonderful. Haven't thought of it for years, but it was just delightful.

I remember showing the movie to my fiancee and at the first sign of Faye's dementia she says to me "wait, this was one of your favorite movies?" lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Whoever does the AC6 thread make sure to put this front and centre

i made it the first clickable thing in the op