Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Shout out to all the Resident Evil scientists who had to think really hard for an animal they hadn't tried turning into a monster yet because all the obvious ones were taken already.

Pwnstar fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Can't wait for my first day at America's Number One Medical Research Company™. I'll bring my pet polar bear, hope he doesn't accidentally knock over any test tubes and get infected with a deadly virus becoming an even more deadly predator ahaha.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This is a cool poster my dude.

Semi related rant: It kinda works in this instance cause its like a comic book thing but one thing that bugs me about nerd stuff is that they always have to be stamped with brand logos. My brother plays Yugioh and he's got these tins to hold his cards in that are gold with hieroglyphics all over them like a cool little Egyptian artifact and they are fuckign sick but they have a giant YUGIOH TRADING CARD GAME emblem on them which ruins it.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I love the storyline where your character is being tormented by Japanese Columbo in Shibuya Scramble.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The peak of choices mattering was in the Telltale Big Bad Wolf game when you are at a bar with this guy Grendel and if you get drunk with him he passes out and you get the message "Grendel will not remember this"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I love Hitman

"Isn't it so good that we were able to increase the price of our life saving drug by 5000% after we started adding ground up orphans to the recipe? Now lets stand for a moment on top of the trapdoor to this tank of great white sharks while that nondescript 7 foot tall bald waiter stands next to the release button"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

John Hitman: I'm the photographer, I heard you wanted a... headshot
John Badman: This is very important to me, are you any good?
John Hitman: I've been shooting people like you for years, I'm a professional
John Badman: Fire away buddy, I want to make some memories
John Hitman: Trust me sir, you'll remember this for the rest of your life...

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

In the Assassins Creed viking game you can get tattoos, obviously mostly of Norse poo poo and theres a part of my mind going like "well can't get this one lmao"

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I don't remember exactly but I think people are being weird because the alternate route thing is like a twist? It seems like the game is restarting but then the timeline changes or something.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

A game where you have to solve a murder inside a prison to get your buddy off the hook but also avoid getting caught in restricted areas/with contraband or your sentence is increased. With sidequesting and making friends you can get enough character references for early parole.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Waffleman_ posted:

Speaking of dialogue in games, looks like the Dead Space remake gives Isaac a case of the good ol' AAA Protagonist Mouth

https://twitter.com/Win98Tech/status/1618216286571626496?s=20&t=w99rkLQ8FFRkwHRUjbE3WA

I don't get the issue here.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It's very funny that the number one unforgivable curse in Harry Potter is a spell that instantly kills someone. Putting aside the classic "have you head of guns my dude?" thing at one point Harry Potter casts a spell at a fellow child that makes all the blood in his body start flying out almost killing him and he maybe gets detention?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I stopped playing TF2 pretty early but I have the best item which is a little angel halo they gave to people who didn't do weirdo exploity stuff to get hats. People were cared a lot about hats (so did that stuff) were very mad about that item.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Good Control Moment: When the bizarre lovecraftian entity is trying to send you a mind email but keeps loving up trying to explain something and then goes gently caress it, just ignore this one please

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Was Dark Souls the first game to use the "time and space are weird here" explanation for other players being around?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Rinkles posted:

Is there an in-world explanation for how straightjacket Isaac opens doors? (I guess it's unclear how he opens them every other time too).

His RIG (the thing on his back) tells the doors to open when he gets close enough. Confirmation button is videogame abstraction maybe.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

PSP was dope because you could hack it into a universal remote control and conduct low stakes hi-jinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Kerrzhe posted:

look at this guy. he rules so hard

Jetstream Sam's great great turtle grandpa