Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's 2023 which many are predicting to be "year of the game"

These are the games out this month + a £200 controller for PS5:

Flash Party [PC] – January 10
Children of Silentown [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – January 11
Kandria [PC] – January 11
Gatewalkers [PC] – January 12
One Piece Odyssey [PC] – January 12
Rogue AI Simulator [PC] – January 12
Terror of Hemasaurus [Switch] – January 12
Vengeful Guardian: Moonrider [PC, PS4, Switch] – January 12
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot [PS5, XSX] – January 13
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot: Bardock - Alone Against Fate DLC [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – January 13
One Piece Odyssey [PS5, XSX, PS4] – January 13
Definitely Not Fried Chicken [PC] – January 18
A Space For The Unbound [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – January 19
Colossal Cave [PC, PS5, XSX, Switch] – January 19
Fire Emblem Engage [Switch] – January 20
Fire Emblem Engage: Wave 1 DLC [Switch] – January 20
Monster Hunter Rise [PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – January 20
Forspoken [PC, PS5] – January 24
Mahokenshi [PC] – January 24
Risen [PS4, XBO, Switch] – January 24
Anniversary Wonder Boy Collection [PS5, PS4, Switch] – January 26
Hitman 3 Freelancer mode [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – January 26
PS5 DualSense Edge – January 26 (DualSense Edge pre-order)
Dead Space remake [PC, PS5, XSX] – January 27
Inkulinati [PC, XSX, XBO] – January 31
Season: A Letter to the Future [PC, PS5, PS4] – January 31
Second Front [PC] – January 31
SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – January 31
We Were Here Forever [PS5, XSX] – January 31

save your money for Yakuza Ishin imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

XSX still looks wrong to me

Why were people able to understand the difference between Xbox One X/Xbox Series X but not Wii/Wii U (psyop??)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like the Valkyria Chronicles system where your shot is guaranteed to land within the orange circle + the circle gets smaller as you level up your classes/guns

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does the person complaining about noobs ever wonder why they're being matched exclusively with noobs

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

No one tell my boss but I used to do all my daily animal crossing tasks during our team meetings when we first started working from home :ninja:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was being too productive in my gaming this year so I've resubscribed to SA GotY 2021 FFXIV on my PS5

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The first one was really good but it's difficult to motivate myself to buy a rabbids game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The PS5 is very ugly but both the PS4s I had got so loud that you could hear them even if you had headphones on (the pro was even louder than the original for some reason???) so hopefully the weird design stops that

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Xbox is where all of the chill gamers go.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

kick back and enjoy this wario clip that i like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWD88E6Arv0

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What about man vs mech

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sonic Frontiers...Valkyrie Profile...God of War...2022 was truly the year of the word "einherjar"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

Heh I started playing the stranger of paradise demo so now I get those jokes

There's a good brawler in there somewhere if it just ditched literally all the RPG stuff and didn't force me to choose between +1.3% resistance to wind damage and -1.4% magic break recovery time

I don't know why Team Ninja loves the loot thing so much when I've only ever seen complaints about it but in Stranger of Paradise I just hit the optimize equipment thing when I reached a checkpoint and then there's a setting in the options to automatically dismantle all the terrible loot you picked up at the end of the misions (I set it to dismantle anything that's the lowest rarity which is like 100+ pieces of equipment per mission)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I heard they stripped back some of the social stuff for FE Engage so I'm more interested in it than before because I got real burned out on the monastery in Three Houses

I don't really like the gimmick with the older FE protagonists but idk if they're actual party members or if you just summon them for attacks or something (it'll be cool to see Micaiah/Ephraim etc but I don't really need to see Marth/Ike/Byleth again)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm assuming Bayonetta 3 was good but I didn't see it much in the goty thread

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It seems unusual to let everyone know your cool treasure hunter protagonist lives in their own filth but I guess she only had a single butler (the house is also haunted if I remember the DLC from the last game??)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

it's hosed up Mario Odyssey was 6 years ago

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm finally getting around to playing the big pokemon game everyone's been talking about

that's right, pokemon snap

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's time to start calling BotW2 TotK....

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

big fan of the Fire Emblem Engage battle preparation theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiWUt_y4TLQ

Radiant Dawn was the first FE I played and I just got Micaiah's emblem ring so the game is officially good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It got rare 10 of 10 reviews from the only publications I trust (The Thinking Gamer/No Noobs Allowed/God is a Geek) so consider it preordered

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Volte posted:

The only time a silent protagonist (that's not just silent because there's nothing to say) has ever been good is when their speech is implied rather than them being literally just mute for some reason, which only works for a very specific kind of game.

Good: "What's that Link? You say you Princess Zelda sent you? Okay then, you can pass."

Bad: "This man was at the crime scene next to the body, he must be guilty! Take him away!" *says nothing and gets thrown in the dungeon with absolutely no protest whatsoever*

You can read Zelda's diary in BotW to find out the secret of quiet Link

zelda posted:

Bit by bit, I've gotten Link to open up to me. It turns out he's quite a glutton. He can't resist a delicious meal!

When I finally got around to asking why he's so quiet all the time, I could tell it was difficult for him to say. But he did.

With so much at stake, and so many eyes upon him, he feels it necessary to stay strong and to silently bear any burden.

A feeling I know all too well... For him, it has caused him to stop outwardly expressing his thoughts and feelings.

I always believed him to be simply a gifted person who had never faced a day of hardship. How wrong I was...

Everyone has struggles that go unseen by the world... I was so absorbed with my own problems, I failed to see his.

I wish to talk with him more and to see what lies beneath those calm waters, to hear him speak freely and openly...

And perhaps I, too, will be able to bare my soul to him and share the demons that have plagued me all these years.

here he is eating rocks

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's ok to run towards the camera as long as it gives you enough space to see what's coming

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Would you have correctly guessed what this button does? For context, it's from the Xbox App.

"Add to Play Later", and yes there's now a tooltip

MS recently has a thing for symbol only buttons that aren't self evident.

re: possibly fail UIs on PS5 they always have "sort by:" at the top right so I try to move the cursor there but the sort button is on the left!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was the only person to put crimesight on my list in the goty thread so this is everyone else's fault