Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I'm a fan of Realtek drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Runa posted:

I still laugh when I think about the original incarnation of the project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvlGvvbLsw

Like drat, they were a couple years ahead of their time with this aesthetic and then backslid away into the most generic-looking shooter possible. Literally just a couple of years, cause that's when Overwatch came out.

Yeah, I don't think Overstrike/Fuse was ever destined to become a memorable game in its own right that people cared about but at least the originally pitched version had personality.

This article has Insomniac's CEO explain some of the bad decisions they made but he talks about it all like it's the coolest, smartest stuff ever. It's fun to read a decade later.

"Goddamn, photo-realistic violence is so loving cool, I love this poo poo" - Ted Price, Insomniac CEO, in 2012 (paraphrased)

Also IGN saying "we love it" and "utterly fantastic" in previews and then turning around to give it a 6.5 score.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Vermain posted:

alanah pearce put out a short vid on youtube saying that review outlets aren't getting any review codes for forspoken, which means our turkey sensors were correct

hopefully it's an amusingly bad game and not just a wet fart

PC-only reviewers are not getting codes. PS5 codes got sent out about a week ago.

That probably means you should not buy it on PC, but hey... you knew that already since this is Square-Enix.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

hatty posted:

I’ve always told people that I want to be the first human to die on Mars or Mercury

You'd probably get a statue or a plaque or something, right?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder how Die Hard Trilogy 2: Viva Las Vegas factors into this...

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The game has seven writer credits. It must have been a mess.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Review scores for Forspoken ranging from 2 out of 5 to 9.5 lol some people got paaaaid

Yes, they got a free copy of a game.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Super Mario 64 is only a ½ A game

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I don't see an Original Nintendo Seal of Quality on those Joy-Cons, do you?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

If you make a GaaS, moderate success isn't an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Ubisoft has some examples to the contrary. For Honor, The Crew 2, Rider's Republic all still get regular updates.

In Ubisoft's case I suppose they also keep those around as a value-add for the Ubisoft+ service in addition to them being decently profitable, but you're right that there are some outliers. Not that Ubisoft doesn't also kill GaaS games they lose faith in, like Hyper Scape and the unnamed arena fighter they recently cancelled.