Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Infinitum posted:

V I D E O G A M E S
I
D
E
O
G
A
M
E
S

Vidcon's*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I actually figured out late into my Claire run that it's actually faster and more efficient to DISMEMBER the zombies than it is to kill them with headshots :psyduck:

That way they're just torsos lying on the ground groaning but not actually able to do anything to get at you!

Sort of. Headshots don't do any extra damage to zombies compared to body shots, but their critical hit effect is to destroy the head for a guaranteed permanent kill. If you just want to knock a zombie down to get it out of your way, headshots work just fine and have a chance to make it really stick.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Two!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

The gamer geoguessr site has elden ring now!

https://lostgamer.io/elden-ring

Not surprised this exists since it's an actual game feature lol

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's already a perfectly good Hobbit video game, it came out in like 2003 and it's great

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHvOPjAfyng

I've had this music stuck in my head for almost two decades

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

bone emulator posted:

if you think about it Resident Evil only makes sense for 1 and 7, since they take place in mansions i.e residences.

It's evil that resides

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The 8bd is better, if you're ok with giving up the ability to turn the Switch on with it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

The little girl from the Walking Dead adventures is a sweetheart!!

I mean yeah it's got to be Clementine. There's not much competition, but the way her relationship with Lee develops over the first episode clinches it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4iliuIWxEE&t=46s

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Saw some "speedrun" of the space cadet pinball game for windows. Just watching that for 3 minutes and hearing the sounds brought me back

No idea what was going on in that game most of the time as a kid

Fun fact, that was a demo of a much larger game. And it was made by Maxis

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

where's that elden ring screenshot that had all the ubi ui slapped over it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

edit: hold on i found a better one

that's the stuff

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also if you use the Standard-B controls for For Answer, it plays like a real video game!

I thought this was the last thing armoured core fans wanted

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

For the 30 year anniversary, MtG put out non-tournament-legal reprints of classic cards from the reserved list like Black Lotus.

In packs. They're selling packs of official proxies.

The packs cost literally one thousand American dollars.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

It’s extremely hosed up that square is going to release a game called final fantasy xvi

It's pronounced ”chewey,"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I was in the cinema to see EEAAO and the trailer for Men came on and about five seconds into it I was like "oh ok I get it. I don't need to see that movie now" so I didn't

EEAAO is maybe the best movie I've ever seen in my life though

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The universe itself was on board with me about how good EEAAO was. I went into that cinema when the skies were grey and it was pissing it down with rain, I was grumpy cause I'd ordered a non dairy milkshake without realising and it tasted like poo poo, but I went in and sat in the nice comfy actual armchairs that place has instead of normal seats and the movie came on and it was amazing and however many hours later I went outside just feeling incredibly good about the world and the way things were, and the clouds had gone and the sky was blue and the sun was shining, and I was like you know what, yeah, that movie did change the goddamn weather just for me and the couple dozen other people in there, that actually makes complete sense

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Check out this fuckin iconoclast. You don't like thing as much as some other people do? That's so badass

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone have the pentiment "decimate" jpg handy?

in Triangle Strat every battle so far has been "Decimate the enemy forces" but what they REALLY mean is "destroy". Such a bad game

Inigo_Montoya_that_word.mp4

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Vermain posted:

sure, but it's an amusing bit of trainspotting to watch all of these games with a lost hoard of aztec gold for a budget thinking that people really want to look at their sphere grid through a periscope for 50+ hours

it's like how callisto protocol has long, separate animations for every single upgrade on the talent trees for every weapon in a game and every single purchase you make, including packs of bullets (which you can only make singular purchases of), which is so obscenely opulent and useless that you gotta wonder what the hell was going on

15 hour a day 7 day weeks was what was going on

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's also 21 joke endings covering the whole alphabet, scattered all through the story. A lot of them are things like not going the right way when the story is trying to advance and getting hit with "and so, 2B wandered away from the imminent massive crisis situation to go fish in a sewer for a thousand years or whatever it is you thought you were doing. Nice one."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

From what I've heard its what people keep saying dark souls 2 is, ie, the worst in its series by a lot, but better than most games by a LOT

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

hatty posted:

Dark Souls 2 combat feels off

Floaty awkward animations, terrible hit feedback, bad feeling movement, enemy difficulty being based on how firmly their feet are nailed to an invisible lazy susan, hitboxes are hosed beyond salvaging and grabs are implemented in a way where it literally never feels fair that you got got even if it was

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If all souls games were like DS2 the series would never have even got to DS2

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Foul Fowl posted:

i just played it on the deck and it's jank and feels old but it really holds up. especially in terms of atmosphere. i was also a big fan of enemies having much more binary resistances and weaknesses, whereas every other souls game lets you mash the square into the circle shaped hole, demon's souls does, uhh, not.

DS1 carries that tradition on, maybe not quite as hard. Like, the snake men in Sen's are a major wakeup call that it's time to get yourself some elemental damage.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Vermain posted:

no disagreements here, although lacking documentation for basic game mechanics and being needlessly obtuse is a fromsoft special, like when no one knew what the gently caress poise did in DS3 and fromsoft's only reply was, "poise is working as intended. well, seeya"

Oh thanks for reminding me, poise is also hosed in DS2, and it's hosed in a way that makes taking hits unpredictable even if you know exactly how it works! System mastery your way around an invisible bar with no damage numbers and a glacially slow recharge, nerd

E: 7:16 if this link doesn't work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwffSOSzcAM&t=436s

Dabir fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 18, 2023

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Peach can do everything mario can do and she can fly. Why does she even need this tubby loser

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It was Kane and Lynch 2. Still the Hitman devs though. Was kind of funny looking back, GameSpot going "we didn't fire Jeff Gerstmann over his Kane and Lynch 2 review" while both sides of the website were full-height banner ads for Kane and Lynch 2.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Yeah, and massively limit the inventory and increase the amount of extreme hot and cold areas

And slow the combat down a bunch, and make all attacks cost stamina, and make max stamina decrease over time so you have to eat to keep it up

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

slowly turning zelda into dwarf fortress adventure mode

I was going for monster hunter...

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That's a game that's putting a lot of effort into trying to trick you into thinking you're going fast

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rinkles posted:

speaking of, sounds like the layoffs at MS hit their game studios pretty hard.

around 30 artists at 343 alone, and that's just that one department.

(right on time for welcoming activision into their fold)

Oh, they bribed enough people for that purchase to go through?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Playing Bully has made me appreciate the concept of a game where you have certain activities more or less regimented by time.

It made me think another concept that could be cool in that vein would be a prison break game. You have certain activities (meals/yard time/work time) regimented to you and you have to work at breaking out in the fringes of the time available to you.

In general there are very few games set in prisons. I'm blanking on that one bizarre one that was made by the guy that also did a Jesus game.

I don't remember the name of the game you're thinking of but the guy is MDickie.

There was that coop story thing that starts with breaking out of prison a few years ago.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Bought all the devil may cry games on steam, only played the first one back in the day so looking forward to having a lot of character action to mash my way through

Should have got them on switch, switch DMC3 has the style switch system from 4 and 5

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I will not be buying the transphobe's mid as gently caress rpg about suppressing the jews greedy little goblins with sick slow motion abra kedabra glory kills. don't all stand up and clap at once

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Givin posted:

What's a Harry Potter? Is that like a Rusty Trombone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwXJcQkvRa4&t=27s

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What did it say to make you think you shouldn't save? I don't remember that

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

What’s the best video game with a title that starts with Star?

Star Control 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

[R]equesting spoilers for a 27 yo game