Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am here for video games.

Also in about an hour I return to FFX-2. Wild times ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My current GOTY is FFX-2. This game is utterly delightful!
One of the most non fantasy based soundtracks ever!

Basically a whole game of that jazz funky interlude from FFVIIremake Intergrade. :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Sat in bed playing the GBA version of Final Fantasy 1.
This rocks. :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have a warrior, a red mage, a white mage and a black mage. We have beaten garland, sorted out the pirates and now I am on my way to the western keep :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
So far in 2023 I started, played through all of and gotten three of the four endings in Timespinner. (Extremely decent SotNlike with a number of really neat mechanics - perfect Steam Dreck game.)

Have 17 hours in FFX-2. So far an incredibly worthy sequel to FFX and despite spending 2 hours and 50 minutes playing like a dunce yesterday I am at completion rate of 45%. :D Year of the jRPG!!

Played 30 hours of a brand new save in Fallout 4. (Going to finish it this time!! I always forget about the quests and just wander and explore which I have half done this time but am actually making progress in a lot of different spots.)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

VideoGames avoided the bad ending in SOTN completely by accident, no one else has any excuse.

I found a neat weapon early on that did double damage to an enemy type (I think) and when I fought Richter it did nothing to him at all but did do stuff to the orb, so I just assumed he had a shield I needed to beat first.

My luck wins again! :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

verbal enema posted:

I might buy elden ring today

I believe it comes highly recommended.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think more games should be like FFX-2 where last night in an attempt to save the land of Spira I put on a pop concert. It was magnificent!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

FFX-2 is the best because it's not even like, self-awareness or anything. Of course a world which has been under apocalyptic conditions for thousands of years would, the moment everything is fine, invent pop concerts, cosplay and tourism. The message of FFX-2 is just "enjoy live!"

As a follow up to FFX it is actually glorious and the main trio are wonderful. I feel more connected to them because when I switch up the party I am just changing roles rather than picking different characters. Having a grand time indeed :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am currently having a pretty strong desire to take my save games in FF7, 8, 9 and 10 to the optional extra bosses of all of them and just get beefy and powerful and take them out.

Especially the dark versions of aeons in 10.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The Grumbles posted:

What was that hardcore optional boss in FF7 where the strategy guides would tell you to equip a certain sequence of materia and then tie a rubber band to the controller so it was always pressing certain buttons. I'm sure I'm not imagining this

I have no idea. I am new to jRPGs and only just beat the games regularly this last year. I just loved playing them so much I want to play them more :)

bone emulator posted:

I just wished it wasn't tied to a disjointed mission based structure. I think I've started FFX-2 more times than I can remember and the whole structure of the game just kills whatever enjoyment I get from the dress sphere system and all the other wacky things in that game.

I am seriously digging it because it feels like a low stakes series of adventures rather than 'the world is ending!' that the others seem to have. I like to revisit Spira and see how the places have changed and what is going on. It has such a different feel to it and I am here for all that entails :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

"Halloween Spells" were consumables that added a cosmetic effect to an item that's only visible during halloween events. They were obtainable during the halloween events in 2012, 2013 and 2014. They were supposed to be temporary event items, so they would would permanently disappear from your inventory if you logged on outside of Halloween.

I still play tons of TF2 and back when the events were happening grabbed and applied TONS of spells to items I use on the daily. Managed to sell a soldier unusual for £450.

My strange golden flamethrower is team shine professional killstreak incinerator, with buildings destroyed, teammaters extinguished and projectiles reflected strange parts on it along with halloween fire spell and exorcism spell.

I always smile when I die, drop it and then see another pyro walking around with it and having fun with the weapon :)