Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
My New Year’s resolution is 1920x1080 :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I expect nothing less than Mechiro and if I don’t get it I will be super mad

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Neon White is the best and worst game I’ve played all year

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

External Organs posted:

Tag yourself, I'm the electric type used as fishing bait/bomb

I'm the pikachu being forced to mass produce AK-47s

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

It's easy when the regions are basically color-coded and you have that bigass tree visible from everywhere

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Ire failblem

dire phlegmblem

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think about how they were all quickly adopted into loving homes and lived long happy lives there. Do not try to convince me otherwise

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In the newest Destiny 2 season they added a robot dog

It doesn't go on missions or anything, just hangs out at the home base and you can pet it there

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rinkles posted:

What game started the petting trend? It used to be a novelty, now it’s basically a marketing mandate.

It was the game dog petting twitter account, not any particular game

efb

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm gonna say signalis because it's also out on all major consoles

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s two hours of david harbour driving around the same track and cursing at being 15 milliseconds over

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I lolled when this moment got a shoutout in Village

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Solar Ash's hardcore mode is a huge misfire, it's so tightly tuned you have to have frame-perfect timing and aim on literally every jump in the entire game. It also takes out some of the checkpoints you get on bosses, so when you screw up you have to start the entire sequence over. I'm not sure what they were thinking, maybe that it would attract the truly hardcore speedrunning crowd who would practice for hours to post times a few milliseconds faster than each other

I'm also a little mad because on my second playthrough I missed the 3-hour trophy by a couple of minutes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Too bad I'm only unlocking apprentice

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Escobarbarian posted:

It makes sense. You don’t want your actors putting gas masks on all the time. But yeah new logic is funny

There are ways around it, lots of sci-fi shows design spacesuits with unrealistically large glass faceplates for exactly this reason. But I guess you can't do that in a world where society has collapsed and the people on the edges of what's left of it have very limited access to manufacturing

Maybe Pedro Pascal demanded to never wear a mask again after The Mandalorian

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Trying to get into Snowrunner and I don't seem to understand how to get the basic game loop off the ground. I finished the guided startup quest and now the only tasks I have listed are all contracts that require driving all over the map. The only trucks I have are one which can carry no cargo but mostly fumble its way through mud and one that can carry lots of cargo but gets instantly bogged down if it goes ten feet outside the garage. What am I supposed to be doing at this point?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maruigi

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

wuggles posted:

Thanks to Rarity and VG for another incredibly GOTY thread. See you all next year!

Using your little truck to scout, you can open as much of the map as possible. One thing that isn't obvious is that the Michigan map is actually like three or four maps glued together, and you need to go between those sub-maps to finish some of the quests.

Here is the advice I received when I asked the same question you did in the CSPAM games thread:

Thanks, this does help. I have a scout-class truck now (I guess you can just steal whatever trucks you find lying around?) so hopefully that will make exploration less of a burden

"Death Stranding with trucks" was more or less what I expected when I bought it, but I didn't expect that getting from point A to point B would be so difficult at first, or that the easiest assignments to discover would actually be the hardest ones

haveblue fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 8, 2023

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Well, I gave Snowrunner an honest try, but it is just taking far too long to get to a point where I feel like I'm accomplishing anything. Driving around looking for stuff is too difficult and slow to be fun for its own sake. Every task I can find involves bringing the big truck somewhere it can't go, and the only way to discover if this is the case is to spend what feels like an eternity driving out from the garage, picking up cargo, and inching through mud patches until I find one where my inching stops. I was trying to pick up upgrades in the scout truck, but it flipped over and the winch doesn't work upside down and the only way out was to once again teleport all the way back across the map so add this to the very, very short list of games I've rage-uninstalled. I guess it's for people willing to put in way more research and practice time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
a very good cat, goondolences

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Breath of the Wild is the game that has most strongly given me the sense that I'm discovering something ancient that has lain hidden for eons (by which I mean successfully distracting me from the fact that it was put there by a map designer a few months ago)

Elden Ring is a close second

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*austin powers voice* shall we game now or shall we game later

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There is some stuff that's gated by equipment. But most of the hidden stuff you deduce by carefully reading the manual is always available if you know about it

e: re Tunic

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
does Cereza count

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Can adult sons be considered kids?

What if they're large

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
maybe not in your headcanon

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I remember Project Sylpheed

Man that was anime as hell

I think it had really weird controls that involved holding the trigger partly down and keeping it there, two generations before the PS5 made that actually work

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

I'm sorry but if you haven't beaten Malenia on NG+7 with an RL1 Wretch with the herald horn no summons no flasks no items, can you truly call yourself "a gamer."

Oh, you were using a game controller? Do it without a crutch next time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So is Anmesia Rebirth

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mobby_6kl posted:

Is there an emulation thread somewhere I'm not seeing? Or is it a against the rules or something? I wanted to try the PS3 for the first time with The Last of Us but running into some issues.

If there is one it’s probably in the dedicated retro games forum, which is under the main Video Games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

exquisite tea posted:

It doesn't surprise me that TLOU is doing well since it's the kind of game that's custom made for serial TV. I'd be more interested to know how they made it feel non-derivative since without the video gamey elements it's kind of like "The Road but with Zombies"

From the reviews I've read the zombies are mostly de-emphasized, they exist as a perennial threat in the background but they don't spend a lot of screen time on zombie fights

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I just wear a VR headset with a game in one eye and TV in the other, it's the most efficient way

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Metroid Prime Pinball for the DS was good

It makes sense to adapt a franchise where the main character can already turn into a ball

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
your soul is as empty as your words

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Right now the first AAAAA game is getting off the ground, to be released for the PS7

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I miss the blades and the NXE was a big step down

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Overdosed on life

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I said come in! posted:

Sometimes I think about this image, and wonder what this person is doing nowadays with their life.

posting on incel reddits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What was that game where you're driving a station wagon and there's some kind of energy disaster happening in the distance? It looks kinda flat-shaded and I think it was shown off at one of the indie-focused events over the summer