Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Volte posted:

It's actually not possible to watch that video and reasonably conclude that the Wii U is a console.

The more fundamental problem was that the “new Wii controller” wasn’t a compelling enough product for people to care enough to Google it and find out what it actually was, though the branding confusion probably didn’t help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

man Severed Steel is a ton of fun to play. feels like a cross between Superhot, Mirror’s Edge, Max Payne, and Doom 2016 in the right ways

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

just spent a bit of time with Umurangi Generation, and hoo boy is that a major disappointment, after having seen and heard so much praise from many of the game critics I follow. the environmental storytelling might be great, but the simple photography game/walking simulator built around that storytelling requires putting up with a frankly unacceptable level of jank: movement and jumping don't feel great; there are major collision detection issues that led to falling through stairs, being catapulted into the air, or getting stuck on edges; and some of the objectives are particularly tedious and obscure (I could not for the life of me get the "10 solar panels with the telephoto lens" objective on the second level to work, which was the straw that broke the camel's back here).

I have no doubt that this game is doing some very interesting and admirable things with its world-building and politics, but frankly, I'd much rather read an essay, watch a YouTube video, or listen to a podcast about those than attempt to actually play this again.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

whats your favorite pinball table OPs. mine is Bram Stoker's Dracula

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

imo the main Reassemble campaign in Avengers is worth playing for the story and the half or so of it that actually feels like a proper single-player game. The other half of the time, it feels like a glorified tutorial for the multiplayer GaaS side of the game, which is much less enjoyable.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

I'm fine with this policy, but this is pretty rich given that their terrible moderation has long since driven away most of the trans community there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

so Hogwarts Legacy apparently lets you kill people with impunity?

https://www.gamesradar.com/hogwarts-legacy-preview/

quote:

"It was important for us to give players who sought out to be a Dark Witch or Wizard an opportunity to do so," says lead designer, Kelly Murphy. "This is the ultimate embodiment of role-playing; allowing the player to be evil. Additionally, this was important because it comes from a place of non-judgement by the game creators. If you want to be evil, be evil."

As someone who has always feared getting told off at school, the idea of willingly wielding Unforgivable Curses gives me serious anxiety. I'm the Hermione who's never had detention, so I doubt I'll be the kind of witch to sign up to seriously breaking the rules. But, it's an option and an interesting one at that when you look at it in the context of the lore. "The [Unforgivable Curses] are not learned in school, and the player very specifically chooses whether or not to learn them. Even if the player learns them, they don't have to use them," adds Squier, "And the world does react to their use."

"Characters will react visually and audibly to seeing the player cast an Unforgivable, but we don’t have a morality system that punishes them for doing so – this would be too judgemental on the game maker’s part. But, should the player continue these actions, the world will reflect back knowledge of them," adds Murphy.