Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

For Christmas I got her some Rex Specs dog goggles and ear protection so that she can hang out at the range with us instead of staying in the car.

It's going to be a slow process getting her used to wearing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Quiet Feet posted:

What's everyone doing for New Years? I'm.making some baked brie, pigs in a blanket and veggies and dip for the afternoon games today, and later on I'll be making my famous chicken parm. Wife is still sick, and kiddo is a mess if she stays up late so it's gonna be me alone ringing in the New Year.

We used to go out sometimes before our daughter was born, but as we got older I think we both felt kinda done with one more big celebration after all the hustle and bustle at Christmas, so a nice meal at home has become our default.

I got tickets to a blues show, which I am interested in seeing for a reasonable amount of time but can dip to go to a house party at any point when we're sick of it. The best part: the blues club and the house party are all in my neighborhood, so I don't have to worry about driving or traffic, just slippery sidewalks.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Android Apocalypse posted:

It's going to be a slow process getting her used to wearing them.

Important question: has the sticker been removed?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

NYE plans:

Taking down Christmas decorations and food prep for work week.

Got some stuff to grill and make s’mores with the kiddo. Prob just do movie night and popcorn then bed early.

I’ve got to be up at 4 for work :negative:

People act a fool on holidays too so I suspect I’ll be dealing with lots of family stress chest pains and hangovers.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Rectal Placenta posted:

Important question: has the sticker been removed?

Yes it was. I noticed it and removed it in the 2nd pic (which was posted first).

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm making cookies, hanging out with my cat, and then going to a goon NYE party

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gonna have an edible in a bit, and chill tonight.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Whisky and Rogue Trader

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Pork shoulder with pickle brine in the sous vide for 18 hours. Will smoke it on New Year's Day.

Normally I'd smoke then sous vide but I want to see what happens when I do it the other way.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Halftime Jax/Carolina highlights and I see Ryan Tannehill still playing? Tyrod Taylor? What the gently caress?

Wild.

Also I’m trying to pay attention to the NFL and regrow some interest after the Fighting Dan Snyders killed mine and salted the earth.

Who’s fun? I like what I see of this Jax defense. And I probably still have that airbrushed Jags tee my mom got me from the Jacksonville flea market in like 1994.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Edible and crusader kings 3

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

NYE plans: gonna take the dog for a hike after the NFL morning games, making jalapeno poppers for a friends' bowl game gathering tomorrow.

Starting (mostly) dry January tomorrow too. (Mostly because we're going out for my sister's 35th during the month)

e: oh yeah over break I played through Secret of Mana again which made me want to follow up with the (miles and miles better) Seiken Densetsu 3. So I'll be playing that too.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 31, 2023

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

football, video games, lots of weed and a little bit of acid.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Halftime Jax/Carolina highlights and I see Ryan Tannehill still playing? Tyrod Taylor? What the gently caress?

Wild.

Also I’m trying to pay attention to the NFL and regrow some interest after the Fighting Dan Snyders killed mine and salted the earth.

Who’s fun? I like what I see of this Jax defense. And I probably still have that airbrushed Jags tee my mom got me from the Jacksonville flea market in like 1994.

Baker has been fun this year but Bucs didn’t play today, no point in looking it up just trust me. If they beat the Panthers next week they’ll win the South!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Quiet Feet posted:

What's everyone doing for New Years? I'm.making some baked brie, pigs in a blanket and veggies and dip for the afternoon games today, and later on I'll be making my famous chicken parm. Wife is still sick, and kiddo is a mess if she stays up late so it's gonna be me alone ringing in the New Year.

We used to go out sometimes before our daughter was born, but as we got older I think we both felt kinda done with one more big celebration after all the hustle and bustle at Christmas, so a nice meal at home has become our default.

Not much tonight, just watching football and maybe having a glass of something nice, but I am spending time reflecting on what ended up being the most incredible year of my life. Since January 2023 I have learned to live as a woman, come out to family and the world, kept my marriage and friends, helped my kid work through some awful toileting and social anxiety issues and seen her blossom in preschool, and deepened my relationship with my sister. I hit a point in my life where I realized I needed to change and I did it - it feels like I risked so much, lost nothing, and gained the world. I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

I appreciate this place as a cool, accepting football community that accepted my news with ease and joy. Always remember that it's never too late to change, learn, and grow. May this New Year bring renewal and happiness to you all.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Some Mushrooms and going out with some friends visiting over from Europe

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I saw my sister and got my favorite college nostalgia sandwich so I'm good. I'll probably have a drink and do my annual new years eve cleaning in a bit since the upstairs folks are using the washer and drier now.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

shirts and skins posted:

Not much tonight, just watching football and maybe having a glass of something nice, but I am spending time reflecting on what ended up being the most incredible year of my life. Since January 2023 I have learned to live as a woman, come out to family and the world, kept my marriage and friends, helped my kid work through some awful toileting and social anxiety issues and seen her blossom in preschool, and deepened my relationship with my sister. I hit a point in my life where I realized I needed to change and I did it - it feels like I risked so much, lost nothing, and gained the world. I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

I appreciate this place as a cool, accepting football community that accepted my news with ease and joy. Always remember that it's never too late to change, learn, and grow. May this New Year bring renewal and happiness to you all.
Hell yeah girl! I’m marking 2 years out of the closet tomorrow myself.

…and celebrating by working retail.:smithicide:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

shirts and skins posted:

Hell yeah

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

Congrats!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

gently caress yes! Congrats on the big year!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Gonna have an edible in a bit, and chill tonight.

poo poo yeah

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Ahhhhhhuuhh gently caress yeah

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

shirts and skins posted:

gently caress yeah :hfive:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Sitting in the Urgent Care making sure my kiddo doesn't have an ear infection, then going to work when my wife gets home after 3p.

Exciting times!

Aaaaaarrrggggg indeed. Sorry man and I hope your kiddo is okay.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm making some pizzas and a blackberry cobbler. We have stuff to make mocktails so we'll do that and I might sit out by the fire til midnight (maybe make smores) f I can stay awake that long. I'm old.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
We’re doing over/under bets with what Uber rates will hit at just after midnight.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

We’re doing over/under bets with what Uber rates will hit at just after midnight.

I'll take the points

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

I'm making some pizzas and a blackberry cobbler. We have stuff to make mocktails so we'll do that and I might sit out by the fire til midnight (maybe make smores) f I can stay awake that long. I'm old.

I just made a Detroit deep dish pizza, my oven’s idea of 525 wasn’t quite hot enough to brown it a ton but it was still plenty crispy and crunchy on the bottom and edges.

We’re headed over to a friend’s around the corner for NYE who finally finished remodeling his basement after it flooded three years ago and he had to tear it down to the studs, so he wants to have an unveiling shebang. They decided on a “Formal” theme and I am going in jeans and a hoodie because I’ve seen them all at weddings and funerals and their idea of appropriate formal wedding and funeral attire is a nice button down shirt and black jeans, so lmao no

Though TBH we got my GF’s brother and his partner and big rear end WarHammer box and they’re super excited about it so I went ahead and bought myself one and have been enjoying building all my lil robot dudes. Started up on a couple waiting for the pizza to finish and I really just wanna stay home and keep doing that, but I suppose I can do that all day tomorrow

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I made/ate to much beef stroganoff. Didn’t even add noodles. I’m gonna lay here hurting for awhile.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kurgarra Queen posted:

I will be sending celebratory vibes your way!! <3

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That's a lot of jerseys.

https://x.com/joelvenile/status/1741612154380238947?s=20

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

shirts and skins posted:

FizFashizzle posted:

Ahhhhhhuuhh gently caress yeah

Kurgarra Queen posted:

FizFashizzle posted:

Ahhhhhhuuhh gently caress no

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

Sending all the celebratory vibes! Being out of the closet had some weird and hard moments but I felt so much better once I had a "wait, you mean I don't have to suck it up, pretend I'm straight and only date men???" light bulb moment. I don't have a better way to describe it. New year, new you can be a real thing even if it's cliche.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Sending all the celebratory vibes! Being out of the closet had some weird and hard moments but I felt so much better once I had a "wait, you mean I don't have to suck it up, pretend I'm straight and only date men???" light bulb moment. I don't have a better way to describe it. New year, new you can be a real thing even if it's cliche.

Thank you! Thank you all!

I came out publicly three months ago and it's like I opened up the cheat codes menu of life. I can suddenly do all the things I always wanted to do and never thought I could. Today I went to the mall, got foundation matched for winter, and tried on some pants. I get to just be a normal lady and it's everything I hoped it'd be.

I'm so happy you're able to live authentically as well. Being in the closet is just *bad* for you, even if you don't sense the wear and tear as you live it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Just got home from some unexpected veterinary work. One of the camp owner's dogs got into it with a hog this morning on a deer drive, and we had to stitch up her side. She bit the poo poo out of her owner and almost got me while I was cleaning the wound. Helped sew her up, and she was already getting into with other dogs in the kennel hours later.

Hunting dogs are tough bastards. This one's mother literally got backed over by an 18 wheeler years ago, and was out chasing deer a few months later. I remember the little keg tap they put in her belly to drip away excess fluid :laugh:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

Thank you! Thank you all!

I came out publicly three months ago and it's like I opened up the cheat codes menu of life. I can suddenly do all the things I always wanted to do and never thought I could. Today I went to the mall, got foundation matched for winter, and tried on some pants. I get to just be a normal lady and it's everything I hoped it'd be.

I'm so happy you're able to live authentically as well. Being in the closet is just *bad* for you, even if you don't sense the wear and tear as you live it.

Foundation matching is my make up scourge. I just want a decent site that says "if you wear brand X in shade y, then these are your options in other brands" but unfortunately that's not the case. If I'm going to spend some cash on foundation and concealer I gotta have a good idea that I won't look deranged wearing it. At least with lipsticks or eye shadow I can one and done them okay if they're cheap enough if I look like a clown.

Lol funny enough, it took embracing myself to get my in to make up . Who knew forcing weird cisgender hetero norms were what was holding me back (aside from my therapist from over a decade ago and a good lesbian witch friend)?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’m already home, but I got to spend like 6 hours at my aunts house which was a ton of fun and these three were moderately behaved but all either wanted hugs or to be lap dogs:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Foundation matching is my make up scourge. I just want a decent site that says "if you wear brand X in shade y, then these are your options in other brands" but unfortunately that's not the case. If I'm going to spend some cash on foundation and concealer I gotta have a good idea that I won't look deranged wearing it. At least with lipsticks or eye shadow I can one and done them okay if they're cheap enough if I look like a clown.

Lol funny enough, it took embracing myself to get my in to make up . Who knew forcing weird cisgender hetero norms were what was holding me back (aside from my therapist from over a decade ago and a good lesbian witch friend)?

my wife's birthday present to me this year was a 2 hour session with a private makeup teacher. her whole thing was teaching middle aged women makeup skills, because a shocking number of people I meet never got the hang of it themselves. she used to work for Sephora and M.A.C. and was really experienced at matching. makeup is obviously not for everyone but it's done wonders for my confidence. plus, it lets me appreciate the subtle artistry that other people choose for their faces - it's a fascinating world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Happy new year folks, let's loving go!