Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Echoing the condolences for Abugadu and NBS :smith:

seiferguy posted:

Starting at least 2 months of sobriety with this new year.

Good luck! I'm also doing at least dry January. Did almost 60 days with only a single drink and got into the best shape of my life. Started again in November due to trips, visitors, and holidays but have gained weight and not felt as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sous vide is cool as hell. 48-hour boneless beef short ribs turned out absolutely amazing:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Intruder posted:

Don't do it too long though, Guga did a 30 day brisket sous vide and whoops

Hell yeah a Guga shout out. One of the YouTube cooking channels I follow.

I'm just fascinated by being able to do something that's normally a low and slow braise or smoke to 200-205°F at 135°F and medium-rare. It was like an ultra-rich steak.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Which is weird because two working parents or independently wealthy are the only two ways to possibly raise a kid in the modern US.

lol at the idea of the US's systems adapting for anything

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm about halfway through Black Adam and wow this movie is bad.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I'm gonna do dry January, then try to hold off on drinking through Lent, so... no drinking till April. I did it last year, and the year prior.

My heart rate drops significantly during this time, and yeah I generally just feel a lot better. It's weird how that works.

Also, I'm getting married this year ahhhhh

The heart stuff is fascinating to be honest. My BPM during sleep (the only time I track) goes up at least 10 on nights I get drunk. Breath rate is also higher on drunk nights.

Maybe the weirdest thing is how different beer tastes now. I can taste the alcohol more and it's nowhere near as pleasant as it used to be. And that's coming from someone who loved beer before I quit for a while.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I quit drinking altogether a couple months back. Found myself drinking daily for no apparent reason and generally had a poor relationship with it. It's a bummer to recognize that you aren't in control of something but I'm quitting for good and we will see how rawdogging reality goes.

You're a beer drinker, right? Check out Athletic Brewing's line of NA beers. They absolutely scratch the beer itch for me. They were crucial for cravings when I first decided to stop drinking.

e: whoops I re-read your post after I quoted it and you've already been at it a few months. Leaving my post for any beer drinkers though.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

This dude thinks there weren't beggars back then? If Jesus had an axe to grind (:lol:) with the homeless we would certainly have a passage or two discussing it.

Majority of the Jesus stories are him spending time with the people society cast out - beggars, lepers, etc.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

I save quite a bit of money each month by having almost completely eliminated my red wine consumption. It helps mitigate the crushing inflation.

Ain't this the truth. When I first started cutting back significantly this time last year, I had a bunch of extra room in my budget. Now my alcohol budget is still really low - it just goes all into groceries and other day-to-day stuff.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cross-posting a relevant picture:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I got an instant pot for Christmas.

Give me some weeknight instant pot things I can do because I really need to stop going out to eat

Go to Costco. Buy big bags of broccoli, asparagus, green beans, Brussel sprouts, etc. and steam them.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 6, 2023

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

EmbryoSteve posted:

Children are infinitely more likely to be molested at a church than a regular drag show non the less a drag show story hour at a public loving library

We prefer our wolves in male sheep's clothing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Happy birthday SB! Enjoy that king cake.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

BlindSite posted:

For a time there we used to fill one of those water cooler jugs with some vodka, fruit punch, whatever bottles of white wine were lying around and ginger ale and drink that on ice when we were all poor students.

Handle of vodka, 30 pack of Keystone or Natty, and one or two cans of lemonade concentrate. Went by a couple of names - Mop Bucket Water, Batman's Groove Juice :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I'm glad that my relationship to wrestling is looking up old wrestlers on wiki now and then when something reminds me of them (and mainly discovering that they're dead it seems), otherwise I'd have to angry about this.

You're one step ahead of the Saudis here

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Member the other day when I was saying my company was looking at me to take over a bigger role, more responsibilities etc?

Lol I got laid off instead. 20% of employees

e: Aw man and I lost my avatar I loved that avatar

Really sorry to hear that. I'm sure you'll land on your feet!

The comedic timing of that avatar is incredible though.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

So for his birthday SB asked our daughter to draw him Superman fighting a sharknado that had a minimum of 4 sharks. This is the outcome. Do you ever look at your kid and wonder how something so infinitely cool came from you? I do. All the time.

This is freaking incredible

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

What happened? All I know about that show is from the ads I see on Adult Swim as I watch my nightly King of the Hill reruns before bed. Looks like an incredibly unfunny show for media-addled nerds.

Lmao I have the exact same "all I know about that show" and your description is spot-on.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Menu was amazing but it's definitely weird and wtf for the first part since you're just thrown into the scenario.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Infinitely better.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

swickles posted:

How do leap years and days account in this system?

Ooh if you ask him this does he roid rage at you or have a stroke due to sheer confusion first?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

where’d you go to college

Brown.

Student loans?

No.

Yeah you’re dying.

I had to pause the movie because I was laughing so hard at this.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

My new pet peeve is people reaching out on LinkedIn, knowing I’m looking for a job, asking to see my resume.

Like….isn’t that what LinkedIn is for? It’s all right there my guy. Sure I’ll send you this pdf that says exactly what my LinkedIn says, go nuts.

Send them a screenshot of your LinkedIn when they ask.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Use this attachment if you want your lats to feel like wings, the mind muscle connection is taking over my neural network aughhhhbv

These attachments popped up at my gym. What's the main difference between a normal lat pulldown bar? Grip type wouldn't change lat engagement that drastically, right?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Yah it will. I am new to this bar but these are my obs:

- the grips don’t require a lot of grip strength, since you hook your fingers on them. No need for straps or worry about your grip limiting back growth

- the neutral handles fry my lats very hard

- the 22 inch length is just right in that Goldilocks zone

Cool. Thanks for the input. I'll have to try it out next time I'm doing back.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Why are you guys so addicted to Star Wars. How bad does it have to get before you move on

lol me every time except I never got into Star Wars in the first place.

Also, Vile > Boba Fett :v:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I'm a fan of 'can you throw away body parts?'

Second place is Hacksaw: good for dismembering or no?

e: also a fan of 10 ways to dispose of a body if you really need to because someone has published that article, and they have no idea what they're talking about.

Falling for clickbait, even when the clock is ticking on the murder you just committed

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just checked my email to see that Amazon is ending AmazonSmile because "after almost a decade, the program has not grown to create the impact that we had originally hoped. With so many eligible organizations—more than 1 million globally—our ability to have an impact was often spread too thin."

Just lol at how ghoulish capitalism is.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Is there a reason those Wheel fails are going around again? I've seen them reposted in a bunch of different threads.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

Yah it will. I am new to this bar but these are my obs:

- the grips don’t require a lot of grip strength, since you hook your fingers on them. No need for straps or worry about your grip limiting back growth

- the neutral handles fry my lats very hard

- the 22 inch length is just right in that Goldilocks zone

I used the attachment you posted about for lat pulldowns today. Holy crap you weren't kidding about it frying your lats! Glad you posted about it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My cousin posted an Instagram story about finally learning to spell "hors d'oeuvres" lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

No fresh meat is downright evil :mad:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Went and going the video to post, mostly because of how amazing Sharpe's sweater is:
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1616653407015641089

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

God I’m waiting to pick up my car from the detailer and there’s this guy going around asking everyone if they like the bets he made on the SF-DAL game. I think I found what a gambling addict looks like.

Did you tell him no?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Lol I should’ve, but I just told him I didn’t really watch football. Guy seemed to be on something because he was bouncing all over the place. Could not sit still at all.

Booo. Should have told him about a prop bet you "like" at the very least.

And your description of him reminded me - I was about to back out of my garage. A guy on the sidewalk behind me all of a sudden dropped to his knees, put his hands behind his head like an arrest, then reached to the sky to say some prayers or something. Then he just got up and kept walking.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dammit! At the airport for work travel and I just realized I forgot my laptop and my headphones with a mic. Freaking covid brain fog from when I got it two months ago.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

That freaking sucks!!

What are you going to do??

Thankfully I don't need it for any of the meetings I'm in town for. I'm basically missing out on being able to stay up on my work items during downtime at the hotel. I can at least handle emails and some items on my phone. It's only a 3 day trip so I should be fine.

I do need to go buy new headphones though. Ha.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kalli posted:

It probably has aged poorly or whatever, but the Hand Banana episode is hilarious.

This is the only episode of ATHF I've seen. I'm convinced there's no point watching any others because nothing will top it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Hey football friedns This is lame as gently caress but my union is going on strike next week and we have a GoFundMe to support our workers. It's the sort of thing where public support is more important than the actual dollar figure so if anyone can share it on social media or give a buck I would take it as a personal favor.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/portland-city-laborers-solidarity-fund?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Mods, edit this out and slap my hand if this is out of line. Just feel like I have to do everything I can for my folks out there.

Donated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I don't get why you'd watch the video. That's traumatizing stuff.