Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I cannot imagine the life of two full-time working parents.

It's just something you get used to. Except for when you both get norovirus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Brady got his start when Drew Bledsoe got creamed and had nasty internal bleeding. But this hit didn't seem particularly violent by the standards of the sport or the aforementioned Bledsoe hit (and it was on a guy suited up and in peak physical condition). It's sobering how fragile we are.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I'm not totally abstaining but a few months ago I stopped drinking red wine every night at dinnertime. I feel better, have been saving money, and it was an easier habit to break than I had expected. Working out after work is a good substitute and makes me want to avoid alcohol anyway.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm taking the "new year new you" thing seriously, and by that I mean that I came to terms with being trans.

This makes my New Year's gym/lifestyle resolutions seem modest in scope. I hope this works for you and that you are well.

LeeMajors posted:

I know intentionally misunderstanding the Bible is a thing but I found this incredibly funny.

This dude thinks there weren't beggars back then? If Jesus had an axe to grind (:lol:) with the homeless we would certainly have a passage or two discussing it.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Well another point is that if you’re already killing the parent, this likely doesn’t help the kid too much as you can’t earn child support money while in prison

Yeah but they'll be out within 5 to 10 years. (I'm not necessarily supporting the new legislation, mind you.)

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Let them pay the child support via hard labor on Rura Penthe.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Sorry I get a little grouchy about criminal justice because so much focuses on revenge rather than actual solutions. Apologies.

A separate treatment system for drug possession cases would be a good start. Jail time doesn't work. Punitive measures should be reserved for crimes that harm others.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

My wife and kids go through lots of sparkling water, so we got a Sodastream for Christmas. It's worth it not to have to lug those crates of cans around anymore.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Timby posted:

My ex-wife and I had a Sodastream. It's really nice, but the CO2 refills are hella expensive. Convenient enough, though, if you have a Target or Bed Bath & Beyond near you, as they do canister exchanges.

Yeah we are going to be refilling through Target.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I save quite a bit of money each month by having almost completely eliminated my red wine consumption. It helps mitigate the crushing inflation.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I got an instant pot for Christmas.

Give me some weeknight instant pot things I can do because I really need to stop going out to eat

They're great for beef stews. As the other poster said, Costco is a reliable source of ingredients for this sort of thing.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

All Clad is top notch, I have several of their pots and pans and they're fantastic. I got an actually-durable nonstick all-clad frying pan with lid for my birthday last year and I was really happy!

I've recently bought a couple of Legend brand items (non-stick frying pan, large stainless cooking pan) and they're really solid. But yeah All-Clad is the gold standard as far as I can tell.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Done moving. Nothing is beautiful and everything hurts.

Now to unpack :shepicide:

When I moved into this house I had closed at dinnertime and had to turn in my apartment keys the following morning. And it was December. I lost all energy for like a week I was so drat exhausted from that cold, frantic move. Congrats on getting it done.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Kalli posted:

They don't care about the drag shows, they want it to be even harsher to be trans so more of them kill themselves

I know a drag queen, I don't care about drag queen shows, but I don't think that kind of performative behavior is age-appropriate for young kids. That's all it amounts to. I wouldn't be so quick to ascribe evil motives to all of the opposition. That's no better than those who're calling the queens groomers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Feels wrong to relate them to clowns imo (not offensive that was the wrong word choice)

To me, clowns aren’t funny.
In fact, they’re kind of scary.
I’ve wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

But no, of course I don't think they do any of the things the poster up above mentioned. Otherwise there wouldn't even be a discussion about it. There's something deliberately shocking and subversive about it that I think can wait until the kids don't believe in the tooth fairy anymore.