Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
You can thank Quiet Feet for the thread title.

Get in on the ground floor, goons. It's only getting better from here on out.

Right?

Right…?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

:hmmyes:
I looked on the ESPN app to see the NFL schedule & they're all TBD. :thunk:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/evandorkin/status/1609353680142090240?s=46&t=Y_eM0vwWXoDjYjNLcx9nag
Man, I love Evan Dorkin.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Went over to my sister's husband's parents' place and while we did everything outside with masks on we did get some nice Korean food.

My brother-in-law's dad is not doing great. Along with his leukemia & c.diff, he's been battling things like e.coli & even a fungal infection. He looks ok at a glance but soon after the meal & exchanging the presents he turned in. He's got another round of chemo tomorrow. The plan is in 2023 he's going back to Korea to visit folks & if the chemo isn't effective to stop taking it. This may be the last time I see him.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Don't make me sous vide chicken at 145°F again.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I did it last year. It grossed some folks in the chat thread out, and for the work it wasn't really worth it IMO.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
2023 off to a weird-rear end start:
https://twitter.com/variety/status/1609764640313016325?s=46&t=AWY3mNpGnuRDu1hnwCcRGA

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My dad got a Calicovision when they first came out and he spent an entire night into morning playing Astro Smash. :unsmith:

I'm also hoping Hamlin pulls through. He got immediate care within the golden hour of trauma and that can help his survivability chances significantly.

The only good news is the game being postponed means I can go to bed as I got an early flight home from DC tomorrow. Here's hoping Southwest Airlines is unfucked!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My dad told me of a case when he was on shift and a guy came in to the ER after a snowmobile accident. He didn't make it.

Breakfast quesadilla & a spiked egg nog before I fly home (with connecting flight to Chicago). TV's showing NFL Network so nonstop talk about Monday Night Football.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Cool challenge you got there, No Butt Stuff. I'll pass it along to my sister, who wants some way to control her diet. I was thinking of going vegan keto again for Lent but that will coincide with my trip thru California in February to visit friends & family so :lol: to that.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Congratulations shirts and skins on being the best version of you! :kimchi: Please be patient with folks as sometimes the new software update has compatibility issues with those running an older OS. I still have to mentally take a moment to make sure I use the proper pronouns for those I've known for ages before their transition.

Speaking of software compatibility, I notices the Awful App is being weird where it shows bookmarked threads repeatedly on the screen, sometimes with different numbers to denote unread posts. I guess this is something to bring up in QCS? I don't venture far beyond my tried & true forums (something Jeffrey of YOSPOS mentioned in their State of the Forums post).

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Intruder posted:

Is it unconscionably lazy to buy a gadget specifically to separate egg yolks

cause I'm thinking of it

Spend a dollar & hydrate yourself…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4E_9iAU3RI
…then you got yourself an egg separator.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I know I should be asking this in SH/SC but I'm old & going to other subforums scares me, so Jeremy my issue:

Got a mid-2013 MacBook Air with 8gb RAM, (upgraded to a) 1TB SSD, running Big Sur (the furthest it can update due to age). I normally run Google Chrome but lately it keeps crashing.

Uh… :confused:
I don't have that much RAM so what is going on?

Running Activity Monitor & I get this:

I'll see if I can use my work iMac to see what Chrome extensions I can remove, but this is beyond my pay grade in terms of troubleshooting this. Apple/Mac needs, help?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Qwijib0 posted:

setting aside that 8GB isn't really enough memory for modern chrome, when the RAM fills up, MacOS will try and push unused data to the SSD to make more room. If there's no room left on the SSD to shift that data to, you're going to get crashes-- how much space is free on the SSD? Ideally you want more than 10% free.

Safari will probably perform better on a mac that old.

I streamlined as much as I could for my SSD in terms of storage and I'm barely using 50% of it. That's what's confusing me.

As for embracing Safari, I enjoy using my Chromecast to stream stuff to my TV.

Considering my computer is now 10 years old I should consider replacing it.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

No Butt Stuff posted:

I have had 200g+ of protein for the last five days.

My turds are like rocks.

:drat: Maybe throw in some salad/greens in there too, friend.

To be faiiiiiiir, I was all set to order chicken wings for Thursday Night Football… until I looked at the schedule.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

fartknocker posted:

And then you ordered wings anyway

But where will I post a pic of it?

If a chicken wing is ordered and not posted in a GDT, was it actually consumed?

:thunk:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Quiet Feet posted:

I'll just post a GDT specifically for eatin' wings.

I'm actually kinda glad there's no Thursday game this week. I don't think I'd be hype for a game tonight even with Hamlin apparently awake and responsive.

Edit: Polar seltzer is my go to. Waterloo has some decent flavors but their black cherry has a nasty cough syrup taste to it. La Croix is fine.
If you post one I'll order wings via DoorDash so it will arrive at the same time as a regular game.

Wait… maybe we can do Jackbox tonight. General Dog?

And I'll drink a La CroixTopo Chico with it too.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

Just watched the trailer for Renfield and wasn't into it until the reveal. Really wish the cop wasn't cast directly from a marvel movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LmO6rmDW08

I really hope this is an unofficial sequel to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KekyCKC0ezo

Today at work has been nothing but watching my computer update and then my Cintiq not working, so going back and finding other drivers that work. Also Chrome on this iMac isn't working either, so here I am wondering what the gently caress happened while I was on vacation over the holidays.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just saw a preview for that Megan movie and that thing can gently caress all the way off

Some studio mates were talking about the movie and I had no idea what it's about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRb4U99OU80
Oh now I understand what this is in reference to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nNXDT1ckW0

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Lemon Pepper Sprinkle & Spicy Sweet Chili wings from Sandy Hot Wings Cafe while catching the latest Willow.

Wait, this isn't the NFL Game Day Thread.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Blowjob Overtime posted:

My friend from elementary school and I both loving hate ET. One of his sisters won a stuffed ET and would hide it in his room when we were in high school.

I saw E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial way too early and this is still a :gonk: image to me:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-g8YYPKVo
🎶Let's go buy a gun
I hear they're really fun
Let's go buy a gun
And go out shooting🎵

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It's Friday & I'm dreading going to work because I'll be spending the entire time unfucking my iMac.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Thanks all! I already had a lady in her 90s tell me to go gently caress myself because I asked which finger she wanted a pulse ox on :3:

E: and holy gently caress do I need to come up with a less lovely username.

I suggest some festive punctuation to spice things up for 2023.

How about "Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg?"

Maybe go "¡Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg!" for a :mexico: vibe. :ese:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I went the other way thanks to the 2020 pandemic & barely drink anymore.

I should he heading to work but Leon: The Professional is on and I'm feeling lazy.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a neat cape posted:

I got an instant pot for Christmas.

Give me some weeknight instant pot things I can do because I really need to stop going out to eat

Gotta stay on-brand here…

If you get the air fryer lid you can do this.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I usually do keto and it was part of my long term nutrition goal in helping me cut out excess carbs. Helped me drop from 215 down to my lowest (165). I'm back up to 180-ish, but every Lent I use that as a chance to kick off a vegan keto cleanse.

It's as miserable as it sounds.

I also work out regularly so I could keep up with fellow younger goon idiots when playing airsoft. I keep track of my workouts and switch them up periodically to keep from becoming complacent & bored.

I also intermittent fast and sometimes do OMAD. In the end caloric restriction is all that really matters, but I know if I do nothing but eat carbs in a meal then I miss on my other macros like the protein I need to keep at my weightlifting goals.

Speaking of Lent, I posted this in the Saturday GDT when the Jags were about to beat the Titans as I was also watching The Passion of the Christ on watchw.me:

The Passion of the AFC South

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Dango Bango posted:

We prefer our wolves in male sheep's clothing.

What if the drag show had drag kings?
:thunk:

Checkmate, Libs.

I think a lot of issues with drag show story times is a majority of folks know of drag shows being performed at gay bars & strip clubs. That conflation isn't helping separate the idea of drag performance being overtly sexual in nature.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Happy birthday, Silly Burrito. :toot:

May you have a burrito as silly as your namesake to celebrate.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I don't normally fire up Twitter on my computer but since I was looking for stuff from Lions/Packers last night it was open in a tab.

Then I notice this on the trending section:

https://twitter.com/JDubbbbbbs/status/1612465619038867458?s=20&t=c-IQvsiVwy2OZVndm2ot0Aoidze1m9GXS1zxTUYjSxU
https://twitter.com/JamesDGrambo/status/1612465232747675649?s=20&t=P-iS5Y3f5W3BqFcLfhsDzA

The internet is a silly place.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

fartknocker posted:

Nah, Orlando’s not too bad. Send him to The Villages or some place truly horrible.

Bolsanaro would fit perfectly in The Villages.

Have him be in that space between The Villages & Ocala. Maybe be next to John Travolta's horse farm.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Qwijib0 posted:

the busy day was 9 months ago

What the heck made everybody horny in early April?

I did the math and I was supposed to be a birthday gift from my dad to my mom. :dance: Of course being the lazy & stubborn jackass I ended up to be I was 2 weeks late.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

Hey remember all those murders and poo poo happening at Fort Bragg?

Panic grips Special Forces community amid investigation into drugs, human trafficking

Drug trafficking at Ft. Bragg May have been going on for quite some time, if you want to believe Timothy McVeigh.

quote:

In a Oct. 20 letter, McVeigh wrote his sister that he and nine other soldiers had been taken to a private intelligence briefing at Fort Bragg, where they were told they could be required to participate in government-sanctioned assassinations and government-sponsored drug trafficking. The government has always denied it carries out such assassinations and drug trafficking.

"Why would Tim (characteristically nondrinker), super-successful in the Army (private to sergeant in 2 years) (Top Gun) (Bronze Star) (accepted into Special Forces), all of a sudden come home, party HARD, and, just like that, announce he was not only 'disillusioned' by SF [Special Forces], but was, in fact, leaving the service?" he asked.

The answer, he wrote, lay in what he learned at Fort Bragg, where he and the nine others were told they might be ordered to help the CIA "fly drugs into the U.S. to fund many covert operations" and to "work hand-in-hand with civilian police agencies" as "government-paid assassins."

He wrote, "Do not spread this info, Jennifer, as you could (very honestly, seriously) endanger my life."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/filmupdates/status/1612983409835651075?s=46&t=s7ADTcpvGKvbgV27IIy6eA
https://twitter.com/variety/status/1612996280158158849?s=46&t=s7ADTcpvGKvbgV27IIy6eA
Things looking good for Everything Everywhere All At Once. They're my pick for the big winner at the Oscars.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My flight back home from
Maryland with Southwest after New Year's had me fairly nervous when my layover was in Chicago.

I got a flight to Missouri at the end of the month with a layover in Denver. Last time I flew to Missouri my connecting flight was cancelled while I was midair on my first leg of my journey.

I did notice some travel websites are offering "green" options which are just cheaper nonstop flights with the idea that these are better than having multiple airplanes burning fuel over shorter distances.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Portland had to shut down a section of I-84 last weekend so that the upgrade to the TriMet MAX Rail could be installed.

Luckily I didn't have to drive anywhere near it but I did see the traffic it generated.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

The police do not have a duty to protect the public.

The ripples of Uvalde are vast and far reaching. Due to the timing of the event, Lift Every Voice Oregon was able to secure over $2m from Mike Bloomberg and get enough votes to put Measure 114 on the ballot, which passed. The measure was so poorly written that the licensing portion is not in place for people to purchase firearms, and if not for judges granting TRO's to the law there would be no way for any Oregonian to buy a firearm.

Washington state is also drafting their AWB & Illinois is about to sign their own bill into law soon. It should be noted that in these laws that LEO is exempt from any ban, so we're ceding the safety of the public to people that are likely on the same level as the Uvalde police.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Timby posted:

Illinois governor Pritzker signed the assault weapons ban into law last night.

The Jo Daviess County Sheriff and State's Attorney's offices, both run by Republicans, have already said they won't enforce the ban.
I'm sure the state LEO's will just use this handy chart to figure out who will be subject to actual enforcement:

Braksgirl posted:

So for his birthday SB asked our daughter to draw him Superman fighting a sharknado that had a minimum of 4 sharks. This is the outcome. Do you ever look at your kid and wonder how something so infinitely cool came from you? I do. All the time.

Your daughter has a bright future in the creative field. I look forward to seeing what she does next.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The good news is induction stoves are cheaper than they were 5-6 years ago.

Of course that didn't help me when I replaced my stove.

Speaking of appliances I need to get my washer, dryer, and Kitchenaid stand mixer fixed. Yay home ownership!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

CannonFodder posted:

I thought those mixers were extremely reliable. What happened to it?

I think the motor burned out. It was struggling kneading bread dough the last time I used it. I tried unscrewing parts that I could then hit a barrier where I was "This is way beyond my skill set" and put things back together.

My washing machine knocks when running now and my dryer doesn't dry stuff as efficiently. I know the latter should have the vent line cleaned out, but I'm lazy & I hurt my back yesterday doing front squats. :negative: