Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I've been immortalized!

fartknocker posted:

gently caress the Cowboys

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Rough start to the year. Sorry Abugadu and NBS.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I cannot focus on these 1 pm games. Why in the hell is Steelers/Ravens the night game?

Even I don't want to see that poo poo.

Rivalry I assume. There's been a lot of Steelers/Ravens games and a lot of them have been entertaining. This year's teams though? Eeeeeeeeh.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I consider myself tremendously fortunate that I actually like cooking and my wife very much does not. She stays the hell out of the kitchen except to make tea.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Does the 40 hour work week work for two working parents? It feels like every weekend is spent cleaning.

We have only one child and I have no idea how anyone could keep their house in order without one parent staying home. Granted ours daughter has needed some extra care.

It still feels like the only thing I can get done with any certainty are laundry and dishes, as far as cleaning goes. And when the floor is covered in toys or crafts it's hugely demotivational to have to move a ton of stuff before you can clean the floor. The prep work that has to be done before doing anything like vacuuming is always way worse than the actual chore itself.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

It's possible, for sure; but my perspective is, that dude is 24, at the absolute peak of physical condition, and had immediate medical attention from EMTs, and is now at an excellent trauma center. It's the best-case scenario for a serious cardiac event short of already being in an ER. So I think we can be hopeful.

I sure as hell hope so. :(

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Congrats to Shirts and Skins. Everybody should be comfortable in their own skins. And shirts. :)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm not gonna do a dry January. That's playoff season that's when my best drinking begins! :colbert:

Seriously though I've been drinking less the past couple of weeks because there's been more junk food around the house and I've been trying to cut calories. I normally scale it way back during Lent though. Not a Catholic but I was raised one and it was surprisingly easy to get back in the habit.

Did drink less in 2022 than in 2021 one though. I started marking it down on a calendar whenever I had a little something, more as a calorie counting measure than anything and it's made me more aware. Although I'd put the reduction down to being less stressed in general now that our daughter is on meds and getting therapy. :toot:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

But where will I post a pic of it?

If a chicken wing is ordered and not posted in a GDT, was it actually consumed?

:thunk:

I'll just post a GDT specifically for eatin' wings.

I'm actually kinda glad there's no Thursday game this week. I don't think I'd be hype for a game tonight even with Hamlin apparently awake and responsive.

Edit: Polar seltzer is my go to. Waterloo has some decent flavors but their black cherry has a nasty cough syrup taste to it. La Croix is fine.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Is it just me or does it feel like were entering week 3 of this week?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I was off for 11 days, came back Tuesday, had to take Wednesday as PTO due to snow, and now suddenly it's Friday? My concept of the week has been off for quite a while, but should come sharply back into focus on Monday when it's 5 day weeks until loving Memorial Day.

Yeah I think it's a cocktail of the awkward couple of weeks, what Fartknocker and Bird in a Blender have said, sleeping like poo poo this week and trying to get the kiddo back on track at school. She's shaving a super rough week.

Abugadu posted:

We made bad choices in 2004.

Hey now, that's the year I met and went on my first date with my wife!

So I guess she's the one who made the bad choice. :v:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kinda makes sense for a paramedic to be named AAAARRRRGGG. I imagine you hear it a lot.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Sillyburrito. You don't look a day over 52! :toot:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

I wonder if he’s kept up with MK11. Some nasty stuff.

I tried my damnedest and couldn't find it but somewhere out there is a video of one of the 3D Mortal Kombat games where the fatalities are reversed so they affect the one performing it. Like say Goro ripping off someone's head but he just tugs and tugs until his own head comes off sort of thing.

Searching "Mortal Kombat fatalities reversed," "swap," "backwards," and "wrong person" didn't turn up anything. :saddumb:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I only regret that Lucha Underground isn't a thing anymore.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

wandler20 posted:

That was some wild poo poo.

It was just the most insane poo poo you would ever see on a wrestling show and kept topping itself constantly. Like time traveling alien man and the literal actual dragon dude who went from rivals to best friends. And the promoter feeding lovely wrestlers to his caged brother. Helped that the matches were brilliant too.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

wandler20 posted:

I think it's on Netflix now, it's entertaining as gently caress but definitely some gruesome matches mixed in there.

It was but they took it down a while ago. :(

I don't think they ever got the last season. I saw one episode of it and I think Dario Cueto's dad had killed him and replaced him as the promoter?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

So for his birthday SB asked our daughter to draw him Superman fighting a sharknado that had a minimum of 4 sharks. This is the outcome. Do you ever look at your kid and wonder how something so infinitely cool came from you? I do. All the time.

That is really drat good.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

a sexual elk posted:

Wife and kids are gone till Sunday, longest stretch I’ve had alone in like 7 years, have no idea what to do with myself. Legoed a bit and catching up on some old shows so far, maybe take the dog on a long walk before next storm rolls in

I get anxious leaving my wife and daughter alone together. Daughter has issues that require some extra attention and we don't live near any of our family. It's not any life threatening but dealing with her behavior sometimes can be tough either two parents.

Going to be heading down to CT to watch the Super Bowl with my father that weekend and I can't really relax that much because I'll either have to leave right after the game or at like 5:00 AM to get back home on time to bring her to school.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Has Muenster energy cheese been made? Is that a product I can get? I would get that.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Thought I'd post my shark uterus plate here.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

GD_American posted:

I learned a fairly gross wildlife fact today that I'll spoiler for you:

Killed a 7 point buck, it was ok size at 140 lbs but had a very nice wide rack. I only have one set of horns mounted, so I decided to keep the skull for a European skull mount- basically, just the top of the skull and horns. This meant skinning it and taking off the lower jaw, which are steps you don't normally take when you're not keeping anything for a trophy. If you're just taking meat, you cut the head off and it goes in the gut pile.

So I took this bucks's lower jaw off, and inside its sinus cavity, it was riddled with live maggots.

My first thought was some kind of abcess in its teeth, but none existed. We still hung the meat in the walk-in cooler, but I was leery of keeping it. I did some googling and apparently, it's a fairly common thing that I have never ever seen before; botflies lay eggs in the deer's sinus cavities and they grow in their sinuses, sometimes even reproducing so much the deer suffocates.

Every source swears up and down it does not affect the meat at all.

Oh deer.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

Yeah I'm off today. Our dryer broke so I'm having to bring wet laundry down to my in law's house to dry and I'm also dismantling all the Christmas stuff in my house. So you know, just a relaxing day off.

D'oh. Hope your dryer situation gets fixed soon.

I'll probably take down the outside lights this weekend but it feels like sacrilege to do it before we've had a proper snowstorm. Indoor, upstairs decorations will be next weekend. Then the stuff in the basement whenever I get around to it. Christmas doesn't exactly end in this house it just kinda recedes like the tide. There's a tree in the workshop/storage room that just stays out all year though I don't turn it on.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Slept like crap last night and I'm in know everything I have to do but don't wanna do it mode.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

C-Euro posted:

I actually had an OK night of sleep last night for the first time since probably New Year's. Baby didn't wake up when I first came to bed, and when he woke up later it only took us 15 minutes to get him back down instead of 90+ minutes. Still slept through my alarm to work out this morning but hey, that's what long lunch breaks are for.

I do not envy those of you who still have small children. I think I managed 4 hours/night for like the first year and a half after we had our daughter. :shepface:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Kalli posted:

We've had a dusting of snow twice that hasn't stuck past a day.

Normally we'd have a foot of packed snow that wouldn't be gone until March.

It sucks and I'm mad.

I don't wanna take down my lights now what is this bullshit non-winter. I want proper cocoa weather.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Taming down the Christmas lights today and feeling kind of blah about it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I like to think this just means you're grooming them in some fashion and they stay up all year.

I await our cyberpunk future thing where we have plants that naturally grow Christmas lights.

But then, I also hate yardwork so I don't know how I'd feel about that.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I've had the White Castle sliders at home once and thought they were awful. May be in part because they were coated with tiny bits of onion and I hate onion, but even aside from that they seemed pretty bleah.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

We watched Morbius tonight as neither of us had any clue what to watch and we were meh about all of our options.

I was expecting worse. It's a bad movie but it's just an ordinary bad movie. Jared Leto has no chemistry with anyone else, is super dull, and the same tone of voice/emotes the same in every scene. I think a better lead could have pulled it into being okay-ish but we had a laundryblist of complaints that I won't bother adding here because that's a horse that's been beaten plenty.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The best girl scout cookies are those peanut butter ones. Not the ones that have the chocolate on them, the other ones.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Someone on here said those lemon shortbread ones were good, and their my favorite now.

Just that perfect amount of sweet and tart for a cookie

Those are my wife's favorites and I gotta admit they're good.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Polar seltzer has a blueberry lemon variety and the flavor closely resembles Fruity Pebbles.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Do I know which snail it is or do I have to watch out for all snails?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Paint Crop Pro posted:

According to google he is losing cartiledge on the inside of his knee cap.

Ugh ow ow ow.

That's a major part of the reason my father is in a wheelchair. He lost the cartilage from an uneven gait due to a leg deformity though.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

Power went out at my house fuuuuuuck

I'm stealing power from everyone here's houses you're just the first. Ha ha ha now my Nintendo is gonna have double power!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Having visited Texas frequently, but only in the Spring and Summer, freezing to death was not one of the possible ways to die in Texas I'd ever considered.

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1621248596094996487?s=20&t=y2bZuWcRVZQSIxaQPlTNxg

I would have guessed heat stroke, traffic accident, or gun.

Drake no: freezing to death

Drake yes: freedom to death

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Cunk on Earth on Netflix is legit hilarious

:yeah:

Well, haven't started watching the Netflix series yet but the web shorts that came out a while ago were all really good. Is Barry Shitpeas also in this one?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Spoeank, that's legit scary and I hope your wife is better soon. :ohdear:

Whiskey chat: the most expensive bottle of whiskey I ever bought was a Glenmorangie 18 single malt. It was kinda thin and had this slight vomit undertaste.

I actually like picking up bottom shelf crap because it's also interesting to see how things can go wrong and it's nice to be surprised when they're good. Like Mellow Corn is a terrible name for a whiskey but it has a nice bourbon-y flavor to it. I also tried Benchmark #8 recently and it's surprisingly good for the price. Apparently it's made by the same distillers who produce Buffalo Trace. The one issue with slumming it is that a lot of rotgut is only available in 1.75 liter bottles and that's a lot of crap to get through or just dump. Costco's basic scotch is decent. Their bourbon is really bland though.

Think I've said it before but the worst whiskey I've ever had was Fleischmann's. Picked up a 1-liter bottle for $10 and tried everything to make it palatable with no luck. Tastes like it was squeezed out of a wet newspaper. Ended up dumping out the last half of the bottle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Wife and I had managed to live together for 5 years before getting married, so our registry was pretty small. If you have all you need I cannot recommend enough asking for :20bux: to put towards your honeymoon.

We got enough money to put towards a Norwegian cruise up to Alaska and I have zero regrets about that.