Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Ran 12 miles and made Wheez's poo poo on a shingle recipe, good start to the year.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Woke up this morning and had to go to the emergency vet. It’s over.

Except for this part. I'm sorry bud :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pain of Mind posted:

Does the 40 hour work week work for two working parents? It feels like every weekend is spent cleaning.

It ain't easy, I'll tell you that much! I have a job that's light on meetings and micromanagement, and my wife is self-employed so she largely sets her own schedule. We honestly couldn't have had a kid without the exact working situation that we have now, and even then we're struggling in some spots (namely not having enough spare cash each month for childcare). I can't imagine how people worse off than us get it done, unless they have idle family around. It's hosed and they deserve better!

E: We've also spent the last three hours cleaning and doing other miscellaneous housework, heh. Definitely should have taken more time over this break to do that but it's nice to have done what we did!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I cannot imagine the life of two full-time working parents. We're DINKs and my wife works 60 hours every two weeks, which is only five 12-hour shifts in 14 days, and I still feel like we aren't keeping up on a lot of responsible adult stuff. I suppose the time I spend getting high and playing video games while she's working could probably be used more responsibly, but that's what I look forward to during the soul crushing workdays!

You quickly figure out what's important to you, and the rest slowly falls by the wayside. As our kid has gotten older and become more active I've made sure to keep time set aside for running and the occasional bout of weights, and let other stuff like my on-and-off gaming hobbies slow down or stop entirely. Now if only the kid was less involved, I could actually take the time to inventory and sell some stuff for the hobbies that I'm OK with giving up :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

EmbryoSteve posted:

Most of the time that 45 mins to 1 hour I am too fried to play any games and just drink a protein shake and watch my 55 gal community planted tank while zoning out on my phone.

This is huge. By the time our kid is down for the night and the dinner chaos cleaned up, we're both fried and it takes an hour of zoning out for us to actually want to do anything specific on the night. Though I'm making a conscious effort to do less mindless forums and Discord scrolling this year.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

shirts and skins posted:

Heya TFF! Hope you're having a great new year. I haven't been posting as much lately because I've been distracted by a few things, but I'm still around.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm taking the "new year new you" thing seriously, and by that I mean that I came to terms with being trans. So, yeah! Same shirts, maybe some new cuts of fabric. She/her, and it's a pleasure to re-introduce myself.

New av too. Congrats!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

T-Square posted:

I assume most of these dudes probably ignore the dozens and dozens of switches and toggles and gauges and think you can just grab the throttle slider thingies and “steering wheel” and control a whole rear end airliner? (but maybe you can idk, I definitely don’t think I could land one that’s for sure)

I imagine that air traffic control operators are at least trained to be able to talk a stranger through landing a plane, the way 911 operators can talk someone through giving CPR while trained first responders go to their location. Now, whether or not a random airplane passenger can execute on those instructions is an entirely different story.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

harperdc posted:

Meanwhile I’m in hell because our 9-month-old has now gotten in the pattern of being up at 2:30 every morning and not going back to sleep for at least an hour and a half. I don’t know what flipped that keeps her from sleeping through the night but my god it needs to flip back.

Sup. Right there with you, with the bonus of my kid really enjoying headbutting us when we put him in bed with us.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

The voice crack when he says "whore" is a nice touch.

Also lol who the hell is this guy again

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

Just watched the trailer for Renfield and wasn't into it until the reveal. Really wish the cop wasn't cast directly from a marvel movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LmO6rmDW08

Oh yeah, I forgot about this one.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Thinking about buying a gun. Two guns in fact, by canceling my membership to my dead lovely gym and joining up somewhere else.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
A beer on Friday night and Saturday is just enough for me. Too much else going on in my life right now to drink much more than that and we're not really social enough to drink a lot with friends (we weren't really pre-COVID either, to be fair). The previous owners of our house actually have a four-seat bar built in next to the kitchen and even left a mini-fridge behind when we bought the place. Our realtor also gave us a cocktail shaker kit and drink recipe book and housewarming gifts, and they've gone completely unused. I wanted to have at least one party with the bar in place before we rip it out but at this point I doubt that happens.

harperdc posted:

Nine month sleep regression continues on. I’ve been up for two and a half hours and it’s almost 5 am. The little one is like a wound-up toy as soon as I put her into her crib, it’s absurd.

Somebody in the parenting thread called this stage absolute hell and I’m inclined to agree. It’s why this has felt like three weeks long for me at least :toot:

Right there with you bud. I'm at least finally making headway on getting our basement in a state where my wife can use it as an office and we can put baby into his own room. If I figure out how to get our guy to sleep through the night again I'll let you know :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

If they wheeled five guys out of the Capitol instead, McCarthy would already be Speaker! :stat: :wal:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I truly believe that "the dream job" doesn't exist in certain industries or lines of work unless you actively create it. Like a guy with whom I was in high school band ended up as a sound engineer working for the big movie studios in LA, says that's his dream job, that's really awesome! Nobody is dreaming of being a middle manager, or running a hedge fund, or doing most other "desk jockey" types of jobs.

The best you can do in those cases is tolerate what you're doing and try to figure out ways to make it your own, either by pushing the job you have in the direction that you want or finding something/somewhere that does allow for it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Had all-day solo babysitting duty yesterday, woke up this morning to the water not working in my house due to a nearby main break, the week is off to a rollicking good start :sad: Happy belated to everyone who had a birthday yesterday.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Silly Burrito posted:

No one wants to pay for infrastructure upgrades but we all want it now.

There's also the matter of shutting things down in order to fix them, and the fact that no one wants to be inconvenienced for that. A water main broke on our street yesterday morning and we didn't have running water for 14 hours, and it sucked.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Joey Freshwater posted:

Member the other day when I was saying my company was looking at me to take over a bigger role, more responsibilities etc?

Lol I got laid off instead. 20% of employees

e: Aw man and I lost my avatar I loved that avatar

The gently caress, weren't they trying to ship you to Europe like six months ago?

They were probably a lousy company to work for anyway, though I doubt that's much comfort to you in the moment.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

Make sure to give yourself a bit of a break too. Enjoy a week of and just do something for yourself.

When I quit my last job I didn't really take advantage of the break. Was too anxious and just started banging away to find a job right away.

For sure. When I started this job I left the previous one on Friday and was on a plane for orientation at HQ by Sunday afternoon. Though granted, orientation was a week in SoCal so it wasn't all bad.

No ring.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 12, 2023

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I guess you could be forgiven for not remembering the McDonald's Szechuan sauce craze from a few years back, there's been a lot of news to absorb over the last several years.

Also my understanding is that it's one of those shows where a distressingly high % of the population identifies with the character who is supposed to be anything but an aspirational example, a la Walter White in Breaking Bad. I tried watching it a few years ago but wasn't feeling anything after the first two episodes :shrug:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Not gonna lie, I thought this Velma show had already come and gone, or been canned during the WB Discovery drama at the end of last year.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Anyone else off today? I woke up to a holiday with a sore throat ☹️

I am. Finally painting the baby's room today, get that little fucker out of ours.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

So I made an appointment to meet with my boss today to discuss the overall make up of my department which hws gone from 6 staff to just 3 and my workload which has obviously doubled meaning I'm not managing a thing just doing admin and grunt work and soul crushing poo poo I don't want to do.

And

He decided not to show up this morning deciding instead to go visit clients. But he's also asked me to inform my team there's now a blanket ban on overtime.

I also got an email from middle management pissing and moaning at me for following procedure which made their lives slightly harder and instead of defending me, my boss who was looped into the email asked me to keep him informed of my justification as well.

So I am spending my day arguing to ensure my staff get paid and continue to get their OT and ignoring everything else.

:sever:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

Oh don't worry im looking for work right now. I'm just ensuring that I make everyone's life above me as painful as possible and everyone below as easy as possible.

As you should.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

Want to hate yourself for 2 minutes 20 seconds?

There's an actual NFT game out finally, and good lord is it unappealing.

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1614623290353487873

Is this what actual video games sound like to people over 60?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I was asking why people thought Boba Fett was cool 25 years ago and I'm glad that time has finally proven me correct.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Quiet Feet posted:

Slept like crap last night and I'm in know everything I have to do but don't wanna do it mode.

I actually had an OK night of sleep last night for the first time since probably New Year's. Baby didn't wake up when I first came to bed, and when he woke up later it only took us 15 minutes to get him back down instead of 90+ minutes. Still slept through my alarm to work out this morning but hey, that's what long lunch breaks are for.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Don't Look Up is that one meme of "I know writers who use subtext, and they're all cowards" taken at its most literal. Still probably a good thing to have put out into the world to try and get society to unfuck itself.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

swickles posted:

The funniest is the Gabrielle Giffords/Fix You scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ECgjvStB5U

lol I hadn't seen this before, thank you. Evil Danny from The Mindy Project threw me for a loop.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Apropos of nothing, tonight I made Wheez's chili recipe that gets posted in these threads once or twice a year and it was drat good!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Amy Pole Her posted:

This thread seems to love tiny trucks

What Audi could’ve done on a wide scale with a little imagination!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2...urce=linkin.bio

I saw a truck like this in my neighborhood the other day, which is a rowhome hellscape with pretty tight parking. Can't remember the manufacturer but I remember thinking "oh that's cute".

3 DONG HORSE posted:

it's girl scout cookie season...........gently caress

I'm going to demolish the first box that I purchase of the new raspberry ones, and if they are actually good then I will demolish many more.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pron on VHS posted:

I hate my job so much

I can't tell if I hate my job or hate having to get work done at home while also tending to a < 1 year old child. Probably a mix of both.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

And people will suffer in the interim.

Remember, it's only indoctrination if you don't agree with the belief being taught.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Graphic Design is my passion

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Blowjob Overtime posted:

If someone asked me if the thing making me millions of dollars a year was going out of vogue, I would also say no.

It's exactly this. What's that quote about how someone will never understand something that their livelihood depends on them not understanding?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Love the clickbait tweet which doesn’t even share what the bombshell is about!!!

Beaten, but it's juicy Catholic Church gossip and this guy is retweeting it because he appears by all accounts to be a tradcath loony.

E: People who have spent more time than me thinking about this - is the root of the impending "Catholic civil war" just the fact that Pope Francis isn't enough of a chud for some people? Like were people really questioning his validity as pope until the last couple of years?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 25, 2023

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Don't forget the NBA getting ready to go on strike in response to the increasing fervor of BLM protests that summer, and Obama stepping in and talking them out of it.

seiferguy posted:

There was so much pro-police propaganda through the form of those extremely racist commercials that aired during the world series about an increase in crime, a bunch of dipshit op-eds from major newspapers about how bad it is to defund the police. It works on Gen X and boomers, maybe less so on Millennials and zoomers.

I've gotten a couple of fliers for the same Dem candidate in our upcoming mayoral election here in Philly, and the top item on his list of promises is "end the culture of lawlessness that is wreaking havoc on our city". I assume that's just coded speak for putting more money into the Philly PD :v: Fortunately there's a pretty hard leftist running for city controller which has a hand in the city's budget, I hope she wins.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

my apartment has thin walls so I can tell when the dude above me has sex because the bed squeaks a lot

they're really going at it, the lady is pretty audible

This was our next door neighbor at our last place (rowhome living baybeeee), and to make matters worse we had kind of become friends with her before we began...hearing things. So I had to forget whatever I had heard the night before if I happened to run into her the following day :goleft:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Based on my limited understanding of the causes of the Protestant Reformation, this checks out.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pron on VHS posted:

Are there people out there who don’t paint the figures or play the war hammer 40k board games but are really into the novels? Or is that odd

The majority of people that I know of who engage with WH40k do so through all of the stuff that isn't miniatures. Admittedly it's a small sample size on my end but I've heard mostly positive things about the books and games based on that source material.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

going to Thailand on fridaaaaaaaaay

GLHF, we had to push our trip there to the end of the year on account of some family drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I wonder which IP will be the one that sends the revival/reboot/rehash trend in TV and film back to hell where it belongs, or if it will merely be a casualty of the larger streaming media collapse that people keep warning about.

Like I saw last week that there's an upcoming (maybe even available now?) reboot of the early 90s Power Rangers run, like who the gently caress was asking for that?