Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Being home to deal with the kid stuff was why it took me 13 years to go back to work. It's so hard to not have a parent home during the day to deal with all the poo poo that happens during daylight hours. Now that our kids are teenagers it's easier for us both to work, but it's still not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

That kid is 24 years old. I feel like he's probably dead and we watched a dude die. This is the most tragic thing I can think of.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

shirts and skins posted:

Heya TFF! Hope you're having a great new year. I haven't been posting as much lately because I've been distracted by a few things, but I'm still around.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm taking the "new year new you" thing seriously, and by that I mean that I came to terms with being trans. So, yeah! Same shirts, maybe some new cuts of fabric. She/her, and it's a pleasure to re-introduce myself.

You go girl! I hope this new direction in your life and identity makes you the happiest you've ever been.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I'm a vacation drinker. I have one on vacation, maybe two, and then I'm done. And for a thicc girl, I'm a lightweight. One drink and I'm sleeeeepy.

SB is not allowed to drink. He had ONE sip of beer in Cabo and then spilled all the rest in my beach bag. He's done. No mas.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I like making pot roast in the instant pot. I just sear the meat really well before I let it cook for 60-90 min so you don't end up with weird gray meat. Pretty much anything that normally takes a really long time to make (meaning a long cooking time not prep time) works pretty good in the Instant Pot.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

I’ve gotten Braks’ some All-Clad and she was surprised but she liked it. I also got her a Twinkly Christmas tree for her birthday because she’s wanted one for years and she gave me a bit of the side eye. So buyer beware.

The All-Clad was for Valentine's Day.

I have to admit I was very surprised to get a Christmas tree for my birthday in July when my birthday is September. Pardon me, I'm sure.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Would anyone care if Dolly Parton read books to kids? She's got big hair and wears a lot of make up and wears flashy clothes. No, because she's a woman who was born a woman who presents as a woman. Drag queens are only shocking and subversive if you're homophobic or transphobic, in my opinion.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

That's fair. It's sort of my go-to to think the worst of people. I'm working on me.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

GD_American posted:

Brak or SB, either of you up on krewe culture? Wondering what Endymion's rep is, considering they just made Mel Gibson grand marshal (and then rescinded it 16 hours later after discovering that yes, there are Jews in New Orleans)

I have no idea. That’s not my scope of knowledge. But I’m also not surprised?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Also I would like to mention that it is SB’s birthday today so if anyone feels like wishing this silver fox a happy day please feel free.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/Jay_FnHarris/status/1612429052756852736

lol elon's already pushing the price up

also happy birthday SB, Braks please be nice to him ITT!

What are you implying? I’m always nice!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

We are so quirky.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Freaquency posted:

I hope she at least gave it to you early so you don’t have to wait a whole year to use it…

I did not and he does have to wait. But to be fair to me, I bought it the day after Christmas half off and it was only one of the several gifts he's getting so I'm not a monster.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

So for his birthday SB asked our daughter to draw him Superman fighting a sharknado that had a minimum of 4 sharks. This is the outcome. Do you ever look at your kid and wonder how something so infinitely cool came from you? I do. All the time.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Leperflesh posted:

drat, braks. Your daughter understands 3 point perspective, composition, she's playing around with shading techniques, she's got a good feel for how to give a sense of movement and action to a scene, and she'sdrawn some cute as hell sharks too. I took art classes and was never good enough to do what she knocked out there. How old is she?

She's 16. I know every parent thinks their kid is special but I think it's pretty obvious she has real actual talent. Every time she creates something I'm just blown away. She also sculpts and paints. She's crazy talented.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Syrup touching animal is extra heretical to Ol Rinaldo

This is why we are food enemies. I love syrupy bacons.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Anyone else off today? I woke up to a holiday with a sore throat ☹️

Yeah I'm off today. Our dryer broke so I'm having to bring wet laundry down to my in law's house to dry and I'm also dismantling all the Christmas stuff in my house. So you know, just a relaxing day off.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

I don’t know what this vendor is trying to sell us but they wanted us to try a bunch of king cakes.

I was pretty sad about the Dong Phuong king cake. I wanted it to be so good and it was aight. I still ate it but it wasn't nearly as delicious as I needed it to be.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

It was flat and the inside was kind of raw like it wasn't baked enough. The taste was just ok. I expected way more.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I refuse to step foot in a Rouses.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Intruder posted:

Foreman grills have the fake grillmark things, you need full contact of the meat against the pan to get the crisp outside

Also I've seen people say you can't really do it right on nonstick surfaces but seasoned cast iron is nonstick so :shrug:

also this I guess. you want your surface to be between 400 and 500

Seasoned cast iron IS nonstick but it’s not a Teflon pan. You’re not supposed to use a coated nonstick pan at high heat and it seems like you need high heat for these burgers. So yeah, cast iron is nonstick because it’s seasoned, not because it was manufactured that way.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

It was fair.

We don’t need Krypton, we don’t need Superman’s parents dying again, people know Superman and his story. Follow the example of the Tom Holland Spider-Man regarding the backstory.

Just have him working with Lois on a case for the Planet, saving the world against some threat(Mongul, Darkseid, Brainiac, etc), and he’s confident and gets the job done in the end.

Cliche, maybe but it’s simple and it will work.

Superman is boring that that's why they keep making lovely movies about him. They have to try to put some sparkle on him because he's so gd boring.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Intruder posted:

you wouldn't say that if karl urban was playing him

That's probably not true.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Karl Urban as Superman but he really goes all in playing Clark as a dork.

Perfection.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

a sexual elk posted:

Hm directions for these White House sliders call for a microwave, which I ain’t got. So should I bake with a pan of water/ toss em the toaster oven or throw the Pattie’s in a skillet and toast up the buns?

Do you have a rice cooker with a steamer basket? Or an instant pot with a steamer rack? I would throw some water in the bottom of the pan and steam those babies for a few min with one of those appliances if I didn't have a microwave (wtf).

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

CannonFodder posted:

It's amazing how Sodium is a very reactive element to the point of releasing lots of energy when exposed to water, Chlorine is a poisonous gas, but Sodium Chloride is basic table salt.

Science, bitch!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Hey what up chat thread. Guess who has covid for the second time.

Hint: It's me. I have covid.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I woke up this morning feeling a bit like I'm coming down with a cold. I didn't feel bad enough to stay home from work or anything, but I just feel mildly cruddy. Decided to test this evening after work just to be safe, and it took like 5 min for the test to pop positive. I feel pretty ok, just like I'm starting to get a cold. We'll see how I feel in the next day or two. I have to stay home from work the rest of the week and burn up the only three sick days I've accrued so that kind of sucks.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I love my MacBook. It’s pink.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Sorry about your cat, Bird. That's never an easy choice.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Cats are furry lovable demon assholes. I relate to that.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Excellent choice

How much morning prep and product will you need to maintain that mane?

Much more than you think. Pomade, mousse, and blow drying with a round brush at minimum. Frequent trims to keep it from getting flat and mullet-y.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Holy poo poo Pedro pascal CRUSHED SNL. I finally caught up and cant stop laughing at several skits

That well done steak bit was so stupid yet so hilarious. I was telling SB that I wrote that same skit in 7th grade English class. We had to do a comedy skit with a partner and ours was called The Bumbling Waitress and it was almost exactly the same premise. I loved it.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Second Super Bowl in a row that I'm sick and on antibiotics. This sucks :one:

We had to cancel our party because I got the ronis. It sucks. Feels like 2020 all over again.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

T-Square posted:

There’s a fellow I know whom I greatly dislike but everyone else seems to not mind him enough to keep him coming around, and one of his unforgivable transgressions in my eyes was when we all had a cookout. We all went to a nice local butcher shop together, and he bought a four pack of 30-day dry aged ribeyes at like $18/lb and then proceeded to coat them in some disgusting mixture of like olive oil, fish sauce, softened butter and a bunch of other random poo poo and let them marinate for a few hours. Yes, let people do what they want for their food I know, but gently caress, go buy an $8 grocery store steak if you’re going to do that. Kept trying to get me to try a bite because he thought I’d be impressed and I almost threw up.

My in laws go buy ribeyes and then marinate them in a bottle of Great Value Italian salad dressing and Montreal steak seasoning. I cannot even handle that.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

That receipt toy is amazing! I love puns.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

So claim, I don't really snore unless I've been drinking. I was on a cruise with some girlfriends and the poolside bar had a boozy popsicle that came with a Topo Chico hard seltzer. Well, apparently the bubbles got me pretty tipsy so we went back to the room to nap and buddy I was sawing logs, or so I'm told.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

saintonan posted:

Is that the Disney Magic cruise? I'd be interested to hear how that one turns out for you.

Yes, it’s the Magic. I’ve sailed on this one and the Wonder out of New Orleans before. Should be a good time.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

LeeMajors posted:

Tajin for popcorn y’all.

Tajin on fresh pineapple is my main source of nutrition during the summer. I love Tajin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I feel like this is what it would look like if a bald eagle could be human for a day.