Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Freaquency posted:

Just pretend I posted all of those tweets from 12/31/19 saying that “2020 is going to be my year”
2020 was lining up to be great, and wasn't. 2021 ended up being "my year" because I got my poo poo together and went to therapy and lost the first 50 of what ended up being 75 pounds (so far) from my fattest weight. I had an overall change.

For 2023, when I'm doing a big job change from FedEx to Well boy howdy this will be fun I don't know yet I'm going to keep at my weight loss goals and reconnect with my friends.

Abugadu, NBS, sorry for your loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

Don't do it too long though, Guga did a 30 day brisket sous vide and whoops

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=12152008

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
To everyone going dry for January, I'm there with you. I was sober for November, for most of December but got real bad the last two weeks, and I really felt it. I haven't had any since NYE and I'm staying that way for January and as far as I can take it from there. Reducing my drinking really helped me lose weight, both from the drop in calories and the increase in motivation. Or the lack of decrease in motivation, same thing.

And congrats to shirts and skins!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Internet friendship is weird. On one hand I'm really happy for you to be going through this big change that you want for your life. On the other hand I'm going to miss the form of the friend I've grown to know. I guess it's just part of life. Almost everyone gets a new Avi eventually.

At least we can share in the uncomplicated joy of your other life change. Really awesome news. Congrats!
I think this deserves a football meme

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Intruder posted:

Is it unconscionably lazy to buy a gadget specifically to separate egg yolks

cause I'm thinking of it
I use a small tupperware thing from the 70s or early 80s for the job because I'm bad at making the perfect crack to do the "shuffle from one side to the other" method. But I don't know if that counts as a gadget.

Here's a picture I found on eBay. I know I took a picture of my own but it must have been so long ago it was on my previous laptop.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Android Apocalypse posted:

But where will I post a pic of it?

If a chicken wing is ordered and not posted in a GDT, was it actually consumed?

:thunk:
Post it in here and then edit with "Whoops, wrong thread"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'm applying for a new trucking job, and the one place that is real local has, on their website, a place to upload my resume and fill out a cover letter. Ok, I signed up for Indeed, I'll just use that one, but a cover letter for trucking? What the gently caress would that be?

"Hi, I am applying to work for you because I like driving and making money. Hire me please."

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Neil Armbong posted:

likely some purchased solution that either wasn't configured or isn't configurable to remove that since it's not relevant.
At least it was optional.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Qwijib0 posted:

Kid was up at 4 with a nightmare and she went back to sleep and I couldn't, so I watched a 90 minute documentary about the disney channel sound signature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_rjBWmc1iQ

Defunctlands are usually great but this one was especially fascinating.
Hello fellow fan of Defunctlands! It's a great series. I also like how he lists all of his sources at the end (and also shows the source sometimes in the middle).

edit: I'm 10 minutes into this and it is WAY more than the regular stuff. This is a whole production.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 6, 2023

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shinji2015 posted:

I'm looking forward to 1000 years from now when a future archeologist finds a replica Gunblade and tries to figure out how it was supposed to work
"The steel used in the construction of this blade seems lesser than steel used in other artifacts from this period."

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

a neat cape posted:

I got an instant pot for Christmas.

Give me some weeknight instant pot things I can do because I really need to stop going out to eat
Salsa chicken.

No wait, hear me out. Get chicken thighs, bone in if possible. Get some really good salsa that I know you can find in San Diego. Pressure cook, shred (removing bones and the cartlidge bits of course), and put on a tortilla with whatever you want. It's super easy, quick, and with good ingredients very tasty.

Bone-in thighs tend to have skin, but it's very easy to remove. Using a knife helps, but you can just slide a finger under the skin and yank it off.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Me sowing: Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!! Spaghetti and meatballs with salad and garlic bread! / Me reaping: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress. How are there so many dishes?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blowjob Overtime posted:

You say "cooking makes too many dirty dishes", I hear "I haven't heard the good news of our lord and savior, Bosch dishwashers"
Not all of the dishes fit in the previously empty dishwasher. I ended up handwashing the big pasta pot and the rest was fine it was more of "How do I get all these dishes in there? Where did they all come from?"

Cooking for 4, using different salad bowls than spaghetti bowls, glasses, two pots, strainer, pan for garlic bread. At least the meatballs were pre-made.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The Big Jesus posted:

Pretty common to have famous people in your phone as abbreviations or pseudonyms to avoid as much of a mess of your poo poo leaks.
Or be a certified genius like Margorie the Gathering and have Donald Trump's number named Donald Trump so she can show off that she has Donald Trump's number please pay attention to her!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Shinji2015 posted:

I...

What am I looking at here? Explain it to me like I'm an idiot because I feel like I'm missing whatever the appeal is supposed to be here
You are looking at an intense waste of money.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bird in a Blender posted:

I don’t know how any of that could be constitutional. How do you defined gendered clothes? A woman can’t wear pants? If a boy wears pink it’s illegal? God I hate these fuckers.
Oh, and how can someone be forced to end their transition or de-transition? Or be forced to transition back? WTF?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Made white chicken chili early for dinner tomorrow.

After the first picture I added more stock, may add even more tomorrow when reheating it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Dry January is going well. I found zero calorie Reed's Ginger Beer. All the great flavor, no alcohol or calories.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

when I submitted the petition to the magistrate, he was very quiet and focused for about 12 minutes while he reiterated specific parts, and I thought he was just going to deny it but it turns out he was retyping the whole thing because my hand writing is so bad.
Now you are truly a medical professional.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kalli posted:

IMO you should just append that image to the bottom of your old avatar and get a mod to upload that so you can use it as your avatar.
It's already on the server, he can get his old av and put that one under to be a gang tag or a tall avatar and then put the Lenny text under it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
"I fired all of the people who weren't writing code, this new lean workforce will be far more productive."
*fires the people responsible for keeping the lights on and the rent paid*

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Android Apocalypse posted:

The good news is induction stoves are cheaper than they were 5-6 years ago.

Of course that didn't help me when I replaced my stove.

Speaking of appliances I need to get my washer, dryer, and Kitchenaid stand mixer fixed. Yay home ownership!
I thought those mixers were extremely reliable. What happened to it?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Quiet Feet posted:

I get anxious leaving my wife and daughter alone together. Daughter has issues that require some extra attention and we don't live near any of our family. It's not any life threatening but dealing with her behavior sometimes can be tough either two parents.

Going to be heading down to CT to watch the Super Bowl with my father that weekend and I can't really relax that much because I'll either have to leave right after the game or at like 5:00 AM to get back home on time to bring her to school.
My suggestion is to get as much sleep as you can and leave at 5 AM. Right after the Super Bowl will be a horrible time to drive even if it's all interstate, because there will still be a good chance for drunk drivers on the road. Not so much at 5 AM.

Or if the game is a blowout in the first half maybe drive during the second half and beat the traffic. Surely if a team is up like, say, 25 points in the third quarter, there's no way the other team can come back.

lol Falcons 28-3

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Double post for a completely different chat: I got kimchi to go with canned tuna because I am basic and that's something the internet suggested. Do I cook it up? On the stove? or just eat that poo poo cold. I'm not going to microwave it, I know fish does not go in the microwave.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Thanks for all the tuna and kimchi tips, I was overthinking it. I decided to heat up the kimchi, add room temp tuna from the can to hot kimchi, eat. Tasty protein!

Also I drain the tuna juice and give it to my cat and she purrs so loudly when I do that :3: :kimchi: :cabot:

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 15, 2023

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Its Rinaldo posted:

:hmmyes:

Make an omlet with rice and kimchi inside. Pro more
Instead I tried an “omurice” with kimchi and cauliflower rice mixed together and my sad sad omelette.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Freaquency posted:

Love a home with a built-in suicide booth
And the neighbors can watch!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Death Cab/Postal Service are doing a Transatlanticism/Give Up tour where they're just playing both albums.

its already sold out

poo poo. poo poo
Everyone is so starved for live music after the worst of the pandemic I’m not surprised it sold out. It just sucks you didn’t get in fast enough.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

You may actually have too much water pressure. If it's above 80psi, you need a regulator on your supply or it'll rapidly erode all the valve seals (faucets, etc) in your house. Excessive water pressure is common in new homes where the builder didn't bother to test after water was turned on and install appropriate equipment if needed.
One place I lived was very close to the water tower that provided water pressure to the city water in the area. They increased the pressure without informing the people in the area and several hot water heaters got ruined.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grittybeard posted:

I like to think this just means you're grooming them in some fashion and they stay up all year.
Yeah like trimming the azalea bushes or making a topiary like Edward Scissorhands.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I love the double cigars.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

Hey, just posting this here in case you want to check your home address and see what your internet providers are saying they offer to your house.

https://broadbandmap.fcc.gov/home#/

I found out that our local company was saying they offered 1Gig fiber to our house and they do not. (I called and confirmed yesterday.) I read a story on Ars (https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2023/02/cable-company-tries-to-block-grants-to-rivals-by-lying-about-coverage-area/) about an ISP who lied to block others from grabbing federal grant funds. I’m not staying mine did that, but there’s no reason to list that you serve my house with technology and speeds that you do not.

Just check your house. It takes 30 seconds, and if there’s a provider who doesn’t offer the speeds or service they say they do, send an availability challenge!

I actually received a phone call from the FCC today about this, so someone is actually looking at this!
1: link was not a hidden link to goatse, I know, I looked first
2: lol the second fastest at my place was Charter Cable
3: a bunch of wireless providers and one geostationary???
4: the actual fastest is my local phone company that branched out to providing fiber to house and TV

Yes I use my local phone company, they have been great

To make it TFF related, one time Time Warner wasn't carrying the NFL Network and that's why we went with the local phone company, because they did. So then I spent many nights watching old Super Bowls or season highlights.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Honest question: is it bad the sushi in a Japanese airport is the best I’ve ever had in my life

Like I thought I’ve been to decent places
The best sushi you can find in the US, even made by Michelin Starred chefs that were on Iron Chef back in the day, still can't be better than what you can get in Japan because the sushi you get at Narita Airport left the boat THAT DAY. It wasn't frozen solid to ship to the US, that tuna was alive at 5, on the boat at 6, on the table at 10.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Called Panera for carry out. They would not take my gift card. They got the order wrong with soup instead of salad. They even asked “Do you want chicken on the salad” and I don’t know how that turned into broccoli cheese soup. I asked for chips instead of bread, they gave bread. They very much got my name wrong. I’m never going back there.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bird in a Blender posted:

Are you sure they just didn’t deliver the wrong order?
The three sandwiches were correct, my mac and cheese was correct, but my uncle's salad was changed to soup somehow.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pron on VHS posted:

Have any of the dudes in here had swelling in their perineum and what did it end up being. Got a visit to the doc but it’s a few days away so freaking out
It was the after effect of getting the hair lasered off but I was expecting that. It will end up being $4k.

Was that too much information?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.
What if X is less than the bribes to politicians?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
It's amazing how Sodium is a very reactive element to the point of releasing lots of energy when exposed to water, Chlorine is a poisonous gas, but Sodium Chloride is basic table salt.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

Great hatchet piece on James okeefe, including revelations that he embezzled money to pay himself while he starred in a local theater production of Oklahoma.

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1623506139454242820?s=46&t=TbztMJByZ5mfsIRTXMkwvQ
Couldn’t happen to a nicer piece of poo poo

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

bobjr posted:

I wonder how often SNL gets a guest the writers struggle to do anything with and how they deal with that in a week, like an athlete who isn't the best at acting.
With Michael Phelps they planned a Aquaman bit as the big cold open, got him on the set, realized he couldn't act for poo poo and had to toss the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Made wings, ate like 8 or 9, now sitting in the parking lot at my new job waiting for my trainer to get here.