Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I cannot focus on these 1 pm games. Why in the hell is Steelers/Ravens the night game?

Even I don't want to see that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Be glad it's not another Colts primetime game

Colts played in one of the games of the Century just last week. Ravens had an engrossing game since week 4, and that's on top of our genuinely exciting QB being out again.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Two weeks ago, whatever.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

If that ain't a whole mood.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Qwijib0 posted:

I would be going back to work tomorrow but school doesn't start till the 9th so I'm swapping vacation days all week with my wife. School schedules, not designed for two working parents.

Which is weird because two working parents or independently wealthy are the only two ways to possibly raise a kid in the modern US.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
As a father, I greatly appreciate that almost every game these days constantly saves and let's you pause whenever you need. I finished God of War Ragnarok this week with tons of interruptions over the 2 months it took me to play.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Moving away from my old drinking buddies killed my beer consumption. Probably average two a month often going months without.

Though I'm not wholly without vice. Ever since my wife got pregnant ice cream has been a staple in the house and I have indulged. Probably should do some sweets equivalent of dry January.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

shirts and skins posted:

Heya TFF! Hope you're having a great new year. I haven't been posting as much lately because I've been distracted by a few things, but I'm still around.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm taking the "new year new you" thing seriously, and by that I mean that I came to terms with being trans. So, yeah! Same shirts, maybe some new cuts of fabric. She/her, and it's a pleasure to re-introduce myself.

Internet friendship is weird. On one hand I'm really happy for you to be going through this big change that you want for your life. On the other hand I'm going to miss the form of the friend I've grown to know. I guess it's just part of life. Almost everyone gets a new Avi eventually.

At least we can share in the uncomplicated joy of your other life change. Really awesome news. Congrats!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Blowjob Overtime posted:

You say "cooking makes too many dirty dishes", I hear "I haven't heard the good news of our lord and savior, Bosch dishwashers"

Dishwasher that came with our house kind of sucks and my wife has openly talked about getting a Bosch. Her birthday is at the end of the month so I briefly thought about getting her one as a present. Then I realized that would immediately be the death of our relationship and shortly thereafter the death of me.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
E:Not the GDT

Baltimore/ Cinncy has been pretty funny.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

I just had to confirm it. This is only acceptable if they keep the Wolfwood romance with him that Milly had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjtssO7s6Oc

I'm not usually a murdered my childhood guy but this strikes as a terrible change.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Happy Birthday Burrito my boy!

You're a good man and a good poster. Two difficult things to be.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Happy Birthday Skwirl!

Hope you were rooting for Georgia. Them dawgs do appear to be Hell.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1612659732392693760?t=6JJtU-cmXfK37fw3K6PC5Q&s=19

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
TK, you and your dog have the same birthday? That's loving adorable.

Happy birthday friend.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Leperflesh posted:

In other words they're reacting to their own stock prices in the short term and not actual sales projections in the long term. Big surprise there.

I think you nailed it. Blood sacrifices to appease wall street in the short term.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The union contract I represent is about 2 weeks from striking and I am rapidly running out of hours in the day. Does anyone use any meal replacement smoothies/powders/whatever that actually save time and provide a healthy meal replacement?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Thirding that. Andor is the best Star Wars thing ever made by a large margin. It achieves that in part by ignoring most of Star Wars.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I have faith in Sharpe to hold his own against the young guys, but Steven Adams is top ten motherfucker you don't want to meet in a dark alley across all sport.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Is that an actual quote? So insane but so believable. I really can't tell.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hey football friedns This is lame as gently caress but my union is going on strike next week and we have a GoFundMe to support our workers. It's the sort of thing where public support is more important than the actual dollar figure so if anyone can share it on social media or give a buck I would take it as a personal favor.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/portland-city-laborers-solidarity-fund?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Mods, edit this out and slap my hand if this is out of line. Just feel like I have to do everything I can for my folks out there.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Donated! Is it okay to share with my union as well?

Oh absolutely!

There's going to be a rally in front of City Hall on Saturday. Everyone in Portland is welcome to hear Parks people and poo poo slingers tell the tale of how the City is too poor not to give them a pay cut.

Thanks to everyone who donated. It means a lot.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Incredibly well said. Contract negotiations are absolutely littered with bosses trying to "explain" the economics to us plebs in the hopes that we will meekly accept their word as gospel.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's sounds lovely. Lemon and blueberry is an underrated combination.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My union won the strike. It only took three days and some change to get a very good contract. Far from perfect but a real foundation to build on.

Thanks again to everyone who spread word through social media or gave to the GoFundMe. That community support gave a lot of our more vulnerable members the courage to stand up for themselves. So really, thanks.

https://www.opb.org/article/2023/02/05/portland-strike-workers-union-contract-deal/

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I signed up to do my union's lobby day at thr state legislature so I can yell at politicians about what I do and why at least one bill related to child welfare is dumb as hell. It'll be fun!

Yelling at politicians on behalf of working people is one of the few truly excellent American traditions.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Its Rinaldo posted:

Lol if you don't live near a mountain lake already

PNW GLACIAL DEPOST HILLS AND VALLEYS BINNNNNNNNNNNNNCH

This is where I live.

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao if you don’t live near a mountain lake where they filmed dirty dancing where there was also an evangelical camp your mom used to send you to because it was cheap and she didn’t realize how insane they were and she never let you go back once you returned and started telling her “the devil made me do it”

Just lol

This is pretty much where I used to live. Though the evangelical summer camp I was sent to was in the Shenandoah valley and I got out of going back when I told my folks about the burning cross.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The Glumslinger posted:

Yesterday I got a couple of big rear end local crabs for $5/lbs and made crab cakes for my girlfriend. God they were tasty

Going to need a break down of that crab cake recipe.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Toddler's daycare is shelter in place thanks to an active shooter about a quarter mile away.

Headed over there now to retrieve him.

:911:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My son is safe. Thankfully through police oversight the active shooter situation turned into a blazing apartment fire which is unlikely to reach my home a few miles away.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ornery and Hornery posted:

i am grateful that you and your loved ones are safe

For some reason I really needed to hear that. Thank you for the kind comment. It's deeply appreciated.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Stomach flu on an all day flight is definitely one of the lower circles of hell.

Godspeed my friend.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

LeeMajors posted:

All this game talk has me wanting to DL Disco Elysium. I’ve had my eye on it for awhile and I think it’s time.

Quite literally a top 5 game all-time. Especially the final cut with all that tremendous voice acting.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Good for him. I don't love Carter's politics but he's about as close as a president can be to a genuinely good person.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Well sure. NYT Editors and the crime beat guy for the local news are all part of the same globalist conspiracy.

I wonder how the 9 year old got invited to the Bildeberg group.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Android Apocalypse posted:

I love Ari Aster movies. Looking forward to his next film, which looks to be even weirder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuiWDn976Ek

This looks more up my alley than his other movies.

Kind of reminds me of I'm Thinking of Ending Things, which is pretty great.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

GD_American posted:

They had to stop by the ATM machine first

As if the racism wasn't enough to out the guy as a moron.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Android Apocalypse posted:

Just got home from seeing RRR at the Hollywood Theater.

I'm so glad I got to see this on the big screen. :asoiaf:

Oh poo poo, I'm going to try and check that out. Last year streaming RRR off Netflix turned a chill morning off work into the cardiac equivalent of a cocaine binge in a burning building. Would love to see it on the big screen.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
41 is just a back massage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I was upset for a moment until I saw the tweet.