Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm gonna make an almond cake in a bit and then order some quesabirria for dinner.

Ahh it turns out partner got rid of my cake pan during one of her manic cleaning phases. It'd easy enough to replace but I am a little annoyed.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

MaximilianK posted:

Your a good partner because if my SO ever through out a kitchen tool I would be seriously rethinking where I'm going in the relationship.

We've talked a lot about it and 99% of the time she checks with me before tossing something, this one probably slipped the cracks. The kitchen and kitchen equippment has always been our main source of household item arguments since she thinks I have too much stuff and too many spices but I'm the one cooks 95% of the time and I know what I use.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

One of the most vivid memories I have as a kid is my dad playing Doom and/or Doom 2 on the SNES for hours after he took it from me while healing up after he got frostbite and the vast majority of his toes and part of his foot amputated. I was also unable to really do much because I'd been hit by a car like 3 weeks before and had just been put on strict "no walking, no weight" orders because the first hospital hosed my leg up. It became a battle of timing things out so I could sneak in to his room to play the Aladdin game while he was at a doctor's appointment or fully passed out in an opiate haze. This went on for like 5 months until I got a hand me down Playstation 1 that my dad immediately took, so the SNES became mine again.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

YIKES. I hope he lives and gets a payout.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I have come down with a terrible sinus and ear infection combo and I hate it. My face hurts and my ears hurt and my throat hurts. Plus I'm back to work today but at least I can be at home to wallow in my misery.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Lmao. All McCarthys eventually fail.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Both my cats are sleeping on me and it's nice.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I mean a lot of the modern Republican party would absolutely be behind 50's McCarthyism.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

Heya TFF! Hope you're having a great new year. I haven't been posting as much lately because I've been distracted by a few things, but I'm still around.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm taking the "new year new you" thing seriously, and by that I mean that I came to terms with being trans. So, yeah! Same shirts, maybe some new cuts of fabric. She/her, and it's a pleasure to re-introduce myself.

Congrats! Now there are at least 3 of us here!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Kalli posted:

Their excuse was hillbilly heist, and some reporters looked into their social media and didn't see anything, but they could be lying.

Either way, lmao at carrying your cell phone. Go to one anarchist event ever guys.

Lol I am very familiar with that area so I absolutely believe that these morons got the big brained idea to attack the substation to rob folks and thought the cops would look for right wing extremists since they're also on the ground there.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Ugh this sinus/ear infection combo is awful. I can't sleep.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I think it's time for me to switch to ibuprofen and mucinex since I've already taken dayquil today plus my antibiotics. My cata have taken to napping on me in the afternoon lately so that's an upside to working from home while sick this week.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just saw a preview for that Megan movie and that thing can gently caress all the way off

I guarantee one of my brothers would absolutely be planning on freaking me with horrifying dolls if this came out when we were kids. He and my mom both teamed up to terrorize me with ET and he teased me for years about Chucky freaking me out. Murderous dolls and aliens are about the only things I don't gently caress with movie wise.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I loving love that garlic sauce you got AA.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I've managed to completely flip my sleep schedule so now I'm awake from like 7:30 AM to 3 AM. It's terrible. I've been able to catch a lunch break nap this week but today I can't since there are some emergency hearings and removal requests for Monday that have to be covered today.

On the plus side I've finally got a psych appointment to evaluate for medication. I've been back in regular therapy for over a year and it's helped a lot but my therapist and others want me to try meds again since my anxiety is still pretty high. I genuinely don't know what its like to live without at least mild to moderate anxiety and meds have never fuy taken it out in my experience but I've only ever tried 2 so who knows. I do know that Ativan did absolutely nothing for me for my severe panic when flying but that was a one time deal. The only snag I run in to is that I have a very firm no-teletherapy boundary and Kaiser admins keeps pushing for teletherapy no matter how many times I tell them it doesn't work for me.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Oh man this conversation also reminded me of how hard it can be to work cases where alcohol is the issue. Most parents can understand why CPS is concerned when non-weed drugs are invovlved because yeah, smoking a bunch of meth all the time isn't usually considered great even if you don't do it in front of the kids and it does help you clean your house and go to work. There are two that immediately come to mind. I had a client insist that getting so drunk they routinely passed out in the school parking lot after dropping their kids off was fine and that in Europe it was normal to get black out drunk at restaurants with your kids and we needed to be less uptight about alcohol. They were American and never left the US. I also had a couple who insisted that FAS didn't exist and their kids couldn't have it because in Ireland people drink all the time and their kids are fine, which they knew because they spent time there tracing their family roots. Both came from long lines of problematic drinking and abuse so, like a lot of people, they figured that since they had jobs and weren't actively beating their kids when they were drunk it wasn't that bad. Ultimately both ended up getting sober but it took a lot of work to get there, in one case removing was absolutely necessary and our drug treatment court took them on.

Oh I also had a case where one parent was a school bus driver and their UAs routinely came back with ETOH results in the 5 or 6 digits. I also got three parents diagnosed with diabetes due to weird ETOH results on their UAs too.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

To be fair who amongst us hasn't wanted to punch out Matt Gaetz, for wrong and right reasons?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

DT will always stand for delerium tremens to me and it's an apt discriptor I suppose.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I've never been much of Star Trek person but I'm really enjoying Lower Decks.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I did union lobbying training today and now I have the tools to try and more effectively yell at state legislators about effective funding and policy. I also got about 2 hours of sleep so I just woke up from a nap after I got home around 4 and now I'm thinking about making a vegan almond cake or just having ceral for dinner.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

oh hey the new Trigun comes out and now I have the "do I sign up for Crunchyroll to watch this when I didn't even do it for the new Gundam?" dilemma.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Shinji2015 posted:

Wait, I thought you had to sign up for Crunchyroll to watch Witch From Mercury?

GundamInfo's got it available stateside now. Also good old fashioned pirating.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Happy Birthday SB!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Skwirl!

I looked up my birthday since I knew Trump's birthday is distressingly close to mine but thankfully I don't share it with him. However I do share it with my congressional representative, Xi Jingping, Courtney Cox, Helen Hunt, and Ice Cube.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Tim McVeigh drank pickle juice and was obsessed with the song Bad Company, seems pretty trustworthy.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I used to mix Blackberry Manishevitz or Carlo Rossi Sangria and whatever cheap vodka was around in my early 20s. It got you drunk but the hangovers were awful.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My partner is resigining from her school district and I'm very supportive since the stress was absolutely physically effecting her. She was originally going to take medical leave and be done once her PTO was up but the district is instead giving her an out where they'll pay her through August and keep her benefits going. The whole reason for such generosity is to keep her from suing because she was targeted by an adminstrator with extremly blantant biases against LBGTQ and BIPOC teachers and she very much falls in both category. It was so bad last year the union and outside folks told her to sue but she didn't want to deal with all that and was really, really attached to her coworkers and students. We've had two outside lawyers review to be sure everything is legit and they've signed off. I gotta admit though, I'm extremely relieved that we won't have to rely entirely on my income and her savings while she takes time off since it would stress both of us out a ton.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

My local mall's Sears got turned in to an Amazon Fresh store and the Macys is now a sketchy "off the back of the truck" store. With light rail coming through though it'll be interesting if stuff gets updated and what comes in. Southcenter is the big draw mall for South King County though, no matter how many people get shot there.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I went to a very rich middle school for 6th and 7th grade because one of my uncles taught there and spent a ton of unsupervised time at Bellevue Square, the Seatttle area's most boring mall. I was a poorer fat kid and got followed around Ambrocrombe and Fitch by a sales teen when one friend wanted to shop there and that god forsaken perfume/cologne just hung around in a cloud for days. I also spent a buch of time after school at the Tower Records or Barnes and Noble nearby. I bought my first VHS tapes at Tower Records: a bunch of DiC Sailor Moon dub tape and later the first 2 Gundam 0083 tapes because it had a big robots and my grandma was annoyed that I only got girl cartoons my brother wouldn't watch. Good times.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I'm not ready for a movie theater experience so I'm waiting for The Menu to pop up on streaming. Same with Triangle of Sadness. There's also an Are You There God It's Me, Margaret movie coming out and I'm absolutely going to see it ASAP once it's on streaming.

I need Naatu Naatu from RRR to get an Oscar nom just to see how they stage it.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Perfect! Our cable package has HBO since our upstairs roomie/landlord watches it a lot so I can get baked and watch it tomorrow.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I was supposed to hang out with a friend today but her husband is sick and her kids are being too much so we rescheduled. I was already on my way to her place so instead I'm going to go to Uwajimaya and get some snacks and maybe go get pho after.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

LeeMajors posted:

It’s like we didn’t learn any lessons from the Four Loko craze

The lesson one of my brothers learned from the Four Loko craze was to buy like two or three pallets of the original formula ones when they were in the process of getting banned so he could sell them for like $5 a pop at house parties.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

LeeMajors posted:

Capitalism taught him that lesson. Also good on him for reading the market

It helped that he basically ran a raver/emo kid flop house out of our apartment at the time so he was pretty aware of what would sell. I was doing an internship and on a $1000/month stipend so finding another place to live wasn't really an option but at one point in time he sublet his room to like 5 other people for $200 a month and it was hell. Two of the folks who stayed at our place ended up going on Jerry Springer for a real incident that occurred at a party they had.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I've always been a fan of maple syrup on scrambled eggs. Not a lot but just enough to get that maple flavor and a little sweetness.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The only issue I have with this Turkish drama is that they didn't get someone with a hosed up jaw to play Charles V.

Also there are some fantastic hats in this show.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 15, 2023

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Good for him. He deserves some Waffle House.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Olympia had the Reef, which was open 24 hours and served chicken and waffles. It also burned down every 3 or 4 years. Still the best and one of the things I miss about college. Now that Beth's is closed in Seattle my only option is the 5 point for a similar 24 hour experience but it's a little too nice and more expensive.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Android Apocalypse posted:

My dinner was delivered to me by a robot.

Still debating if the :kimchi: face the screen has is cute or unsettling.

Is the crawfish good? Also if you're ever in Seattle and want crawfish go to Crawfish House in White Center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Right now I want to have technomancy or whatever so this dumb as hell encruption issue would be solved. You would think ALL state government email addresses would be able to open encrypted emails but no, nope. At least the county seems to be able to open them though.