Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Im so loving miserable to be back at work.

I’m sorry comrade. I will share your pain tomorrow.

I wish we all had life-affirming European quantities of vacation.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

sounds hellish

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Does fasting include abstaining from caffeinated dranks?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

Heya TFF! Hope you're having a great new year. I haven't been posting as much lately because I've been distracted by a few things, but I'm still around.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm taking the "new year new you" thing seriously, and by that I mean that I came to terms with being trans. So, yeah! Same shirts, maybe some new cuts of fabric. She/her, and it's a pleasure to re-introduce myself.

Congratulations comrade!!!! We love and support you!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to support you :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

T-Square posted:

Working from home on a slow work day is great because when you get that random mid-day burst of motivation to get your poo poo together you can get up and clean instead of convincing yourself you’re gonna do it when you get home all day at the office, and then you get home and feel like a tired slug and don’t do any of it

That’s such a good feeling.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I do not remember the star star star hard R thread. Was that in TFF? If so - why?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

day five of no diet soda, no processed sugar. Weirdly enough I also am now hooked on Topo Chico

I’m hearing more and more about this Topo Chico

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

Topo Chico is the best of the seltzer waters and now they have their own boozy one too which is great. They have regular flavored ones, margarita flavored ones and Ranch Water flavor

Pron on VHS posted:

It’s just a nice seltzer with an option for a hint of lime, which refreshes when you quaff it

Sounds like the ole Topo has the TFF seal of approval. I look forward to trying some if I remember while I’m at the store.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It’s good I’d recommend watching

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

A few (?) years ago there was some crazy rear end cartel vs Mexican government warfare. Also related to arresting a son.

A bunch of the cartel dudes had GoPros so the higher ups could watch I guess? It was like a small army vs the police and government. Freaking real life twitch streams of CoD. And the weirdest part was that eventually there was a peace agreement reached or whatever by leadership, and all the cartel dudes and government dudes just immediately stopped and starting chatting with each. Like showing good sportsmanship after a match.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

achillesforever6 posted:

Mostly apathy for me, I like going to bars and parties; but I also see my parents drunk and don't want to act stupid and lose a mental filter when I already can put my foot in my mouth.

Plus now that I'm on HRT, don't want to take anything that can gently caress my liver.

I hate how while the current place I rent from is a good spot in the city I miss my old place; my friend only charged 550$ plus electric, forgoed rent for like 5 months during 2020; and I only had one place to eat out walking distance so I'd walk a mile to get and come back with my grilled chicken sandwich. Also got some nice walking to the Pittsburgh Zoo from there

You are doing HRT? Did you mention that in the thread and I missed it?

Congratulations!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

I need to do my lawns but covid has me so tired today.

Just rest and recharge, comrade!!! The lawn will be there when you are back in your feet :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Always a bit frustrating how many dishes and tools get dirty from making even simple dishes.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Now I want chickpea curry!!!

I got a instant pot last year but I’ve only used it a few times

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

LLCoolJD posted:

I know a drag queen, I don't care about drag queen shows, but I don't think that kind of performative behavior is age-appropriate for young kids. That's all it amounts to. I wouldn't be so quick to ascribe evil motives to all of the opposition. That's no better than those who're calling the queens groomers.

What the gently caress! A terrible post with a tremendous closing sentence.

gently caress you!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I am going to watch, and enjoy, the new trigun. I don’t care if it’s garbage I’ll still drink it.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I think a lot of the soul crushing jobs would be much more tolerable if we did 4 day work weeks.

My goal is to make enough money where I can cut down to like, 4 8 hour days or heck even 4 9 hour days.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I'm 15 minutes into the new Trigun and I'm already annoyed with a bunch of choices the show has made.

Not really spoilers, but just in case:
  • The show starts with space station vash and nails. That's stupid.
  • The show has Meryl learn that vash is vash almost immediately. That's stupid.
  • Robert De Niro doesn't seem compelling.

Still love it, 5/5 stars.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Raku posted:

Isn't the new Trigun cg animation

Cuz gently caress that poo poo

I am surprised by how much I love the actual animation. It has wildly exceeded my expectations and is still somewhat stylized.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I don’t like that Bragg story, it’s sad

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

All covid is mild!!! Haven’t you paid attention to national narrative?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

These failures are because the government won’t get off peoples backs. We need more privatization. All economists are tweeting this.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

It's a very funny show that has the worst fans imaginable despite mashing you over the head with the message that acting like you're smarter then everyone else will just leave you self sabotaging and miserable.

Extremely accurate. Big laughs to the show. Big gaffs from the fans!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Friends, I’ve got the sads today for some reason.

And those snips from Velma have only made it worse.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thank you friends :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ether Frenzy posted:

There's music at Coachella??

https://time.is/ is your best friend when it comes to getting concert tickets/new consoles/hype shoes/whatever limited quantity luxury item you're trying to buy on the internet.

Neat

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Goatse

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

Use this attachment if you want your lats to feel like wings, the mind muscle connection is taking over my neural network aughhhhbv

i am happy for you :)

I want muscles

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Quiet Feet posted:

Slept like crap last night and I'm in know everything I have to do but don't wanna do it mode.

Always, comrade

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Alec Baldwin; accounts for his crimes???

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Shoddily developed hind quarters. Expected more quads and buttocks on that toad.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

swickles posted:

That's what I mean. They had enough obvious spoof charcters, like the Bezos/Musk mashup guy, Jonah Hill, etc. The leads and some of the minor characters like wife and family being real is what gave it the reach. That and the mind bogglingly stupid decisions which we would 100% do in that scenario.

Its also why this clip is so funny/sad. Its so absurd yet so accurate and real. (Also, only 1 of 2 3 Newsroom clips that should ever be played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CXRaTnKDXA

I love when Toby responds “that would have been great!”

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

In these days my friends there is so much information online and so much of it is wrong. It is critical to find a verified expert with real bona fides in whatever field you want to learn about. If you want to add dense, vascular, juicy red slabs of thick functional dense striated muscle…I suggest doing everything Dr Mike Israetel says.

I want thick functional dense striated muscles.

Dr. MIKE it is. Ty for the resource.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

I've been using Ryan Humiston's programs and watching his YT vids and it's kinda revolutionised the way I lift. I get worse doms but have had less niggling tendon strains and little injuries and have gained more lean size in the last year than I did in the previous 2. His programs are really cheap too, like 20 bucks for 5 weeks of 5 days. He's currently doing a bunch of testing videos lately on what muscles are activated best by what exercise and grips using some kind of electrical current... thing. I dunno it's all witch craft to me but his meathead jokes and self deprecating style make me chuckle.

https://www.youtube.com/@RyanHumiston/featured

Stupid little tendon strains and muscles pains are hampering me!!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Shinji2015 posted:

Watched the first two episodes of Trigun Stampede today. It's not bad, but now after watching it, I'm also in the camp of "why is Roberto a character?"

I thought the second episode was way better than the first. Some good trigun energy. Also agree that it still seems weird for Roberto to exist.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hot Diggity! posted:

Bought an OLED ultrawide monitor and holy poo poo this thing is ridiculous

How’s that baby feel? Posting at new highs?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

i'm always in withdrawal

withdrawal from no new king of the hill episode

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Grittybeard posted:

This is probably a boring overly recommended book that half the thread has read (possibly including you) but I'm finally getting around to Nixonland.

So far I'm having fun? (???) looking up all of the people and events that are randomly mentioned and moved away from that I knew a little but not a lot about [note: much of the further reading is not particularly fun]. There's just a lot there and it's a well documented period that's easy to look up further information online if you're a history dork.

I'm trying to get into this book and it's just not cooking yet :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Black Tongue theif is still my favourite book from the last two or three years.

it's real good, op