Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

In other news, Amazon has messed around with their Amazon Drive and hobbled it so much that I just decided to switch to the Microsoft 365 Family Plan because you can set up multiple accounts that have 1TB each and there are plenty of deals that give you a year for 50-70. So 6TB of storage for $64 instead of 1TB of storage for $59. Don't even know if I'll actually use Office 365. :shrug:

Nice deal. I don't bother with Office 365 because you'd be a fool to not throw Office Pro on all your computers when you can get it for like $30 from brownthunder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Pain of Mind posted:

Does the 40 hour work week work for two working parents? It feels like every weekend is spent cleaning.

We have someone come twice a month and do some cleaning. Dusting, floors, toilets, stuff that's a pain in the rear end to do and basically takes at least half a weekend day up. It's well worth it for us.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Reading the awful poo poo happening in the Bills Bengals GDT led me to finding this out. gently caress.

https://twitter.com/RoadandTrack/status/1610099276931104769?t=6Eq8Ebol7zoXmxwdGPSqgQ&s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

T-Square posted:

I’ve been racing superbikes for over a decade and have ridden dirt bikes since I was like 6 and have been in plenty of hairy situations and close calls on both, but I only ever hear about people on sleds dying. gently caress those things I’ll never ride one.

Trees don't move. No idea if that was the cause but usually those trails can be tight, at least in my experience.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

T-Square posted:

Yeah, and in my neck of the woods, the rednecks go bar hopping and then are cutting through farm fields in the middle of the night wasted and going 75, I think like three dudes from my high school have died that way

Yeah, similar around here. It's usually by going through a barbed wire fence because it's so flat over here and you have no idea where fields start and stop.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I’m watching Lord of the Rings and I beg to differ.

lol ok you got me there

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
A friendly reminder that you should never under any circumstance cut towards your body.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

T-Square posted:

God damnit I just swept and mopped the entire place yesterday and just now the cats decided to have an extremely aggressive and extended wrasslin’ match and now there’s dozens of tufts of cat hair tumbleweeds floating around :mad:

A robot vacuum is your solution. We run ours every other day and it's a life saver dealing with cat hair.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Cavauro posted:

thinking about buying a gun

I'll send you one, I have too many that I've won in raffles and have no use for. 223 AR or 270 rifle?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

seiferguy posted:

I got a sodastream for Christmas. It's been excellent thus far, and Target has a canister exchange for $15. I like a little bit of carbonation, but not as much as what's in La Croix or other carbonated water.

That said, finding syrups in store has been a pain as everywhere is sold out (and all the Bed Bath and Beyonds near me have closed).

I got the family one for Christmas as well and its been a massive hit so far. We don't have any places to exchange the co2 which kinda sucks but we travel to a place out of town that has some so I'll just grab a few canisters then trade them out when we travel to that town. I live in a pretty small rural town so basically WalMart is the only place that I can get the syrups and they've been good about having everything in stock.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Guess I'll have to pick up the slack for you quitters. Gonna tie one on tonight.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Braksgirl posted:

Also I would like to mention that it is SB’s birthday today so if anyone feels like wishing this silver fox a happy day please feel free.

Happy Birthday to my favorite rival Saints poster.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Quiet Feet posted:

I only regret that Lucha Underground isn't a thing anymore.

That was some wild poo poo.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I think it's on Netflix now, it's entertaining as gently caress but definitely some gruesome matches mixed in there.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Sorry about the job Joey. Hope you find something with as good of an office view as this one.

FizFashizzle posted:

Jammed a harbor freight nail gun so bad they gave me a new one.

Oh god, harbor freight nail gun, are you trying to kill yourself?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

^^^ it’s just for trim!

Ahahaha harbor freight just gave me a new nail gun without a receipt because it was jammed so badly.

Air?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Braksgirl posted:

So for his birthday SB asked our daughter to draw him Superman fighting a sharknado that had a minimum of 4 sharks. This is the outcome. Do you ever look at your kid and wonder how something so infinitely cool came from you? I do. All the time.

Screenshotting this and making it an NFT.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I've been shopping away from Amazon lately. For example, today if I wanted to buy something via Prime, the delivery date is January 23rd. 11 days. But yeah, go ahead and cut your workforce because Alexa is killing you and all you care about is the bottom line.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
After watching The Menu last night I've been craving a good burger. Never made smash burgers and they were an absolute hit. Both kids even polished one off.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

T-Square posted:

Smash burgs have the best easy:incredible ratio. I’ve had multiple people say “This is the best burger I’ve ever had” and it takes all of five minutes.

Currently looking for an excuse for some dinners with a chuck roast and short ribs so I can grind up some scraps to go with the ground brisket in the freezer for some A+ smash burgs

Hell yeah. I need to get some better beef next time but we had some in the freezer. Having a 24" flat top in my range was like a cheat code too.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Intruder posted:

Yeah I finally gave smash burgers a try and can't imagine going back. The kids absolutely love them

I already had a cast iron griddle for the stove for making cheesesteaks so I didn't even have to buy any equipment (though I did end up buying a press instead of using the metal spatula)

I did the metal spatula last night for my first attempt and I'll be purchasing a press soon.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Amy Pole Her posted:

This thread seems to love tiny trucks

What Audi could’ve done on a wide scale with a little imagination!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2...urce=linkin.bio

Yeah, seems to come up every 6 months.

Amy Pole Her posted:

That’s not really true based on the Mavericks success!

I know 4 people who own one and they all love them. 2 of them already ordered new ones with higher trim levels. The truck is an absolute hit.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
If you're hauling around 8' sheets of material constantly then a small truck probably isn't for you to begin with. My buddy who has a Maverick has used it a few times to haul plywood and he said with the tailgate being able to half fold down he can haul it pretty easily and not much hangs out.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Neil Armbong posted:

if they remap the controls in a meaningful way it could still be fun

And speed it up, it's so slow moving.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just played the Dam level on Goldeneye (Xbox) and it's perfect.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Coco13 posted:

How are the XBox controls? I played through the first three levels on Switch in portable mode and with the regular joycons it felt like I was wearing two left gloves trying to play.

Great. Just like playing pretty much any other shooter.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Goldeneye on Xbox definitely looks like the original graphics and my kids were making fun of me for playing it last night. I think the controls are pretty great and I had a good time playing the first 5 or 6 levels.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Um, have you guys not seen the documentary Turbo?

I'm not falling for that.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

it's not THAT serious but will def need a cleanup

Do your knees click when you go up stairs because mine definitely do that.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

All that space and a two stall garage lmao

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I wonder if I'm gonna be hosed on my lake cabin login. Not that I watch a ton of Netflix there but it would be pretty dumb if I couldn't use it there.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Freaquency posted:

100%. I bought an induction burner because boiling water on a gas stove takes for-loving-ever and by the time we moved I was cooking almost everything on it.

Sounds like you had a weak rear end gas burner.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Pron on VHS posted:

Induction will always beat gas, always

But even with gas it doesn't take long. I guess I have 22k btu burners so that's probably why I never noticed it taking long at all to boil water.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m up at the cabin and our crazy rear end neighbor came over and was just telling us how the egg shortage is because they figured out that eggs reverse the effects of the vaccine in case y’all were wondering what I’m up to

Sounds legit.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ether Frenzy posted:

Wait until they hear about satellites!

I think that's why they weren't too worried about it. Anything that balloon could see, a satellite could likely see better.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I've been very happy with my last couple Dell XPS laptops.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Braksgirl posted:

My in laws go buy ribeyes and then marinate them in a bottle of Great Value Italian salad dressing and Montreal steak seasoning. I cannot even handle that.

WTF.

What's wrong with some salt and pepper? Marinating a ribeye is a poor decision IMO.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Amy Pole Her posted:

And nobody should be this tense on a friday. Weekend baby 😎

I was thinking the same thing when I read that. It's Friday, chill out man.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s supposed to get up to 80 here today

Ha, we have a -31 wind chill right now. High for the day is -5.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Just made it through the third episode of last of us and if the series ended now it’d be worth it.

I got about 25% through that episode last night before I was interrupted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

I got a fire pit for my place and boy am I stoked to make some s’mores

Solo Stove? Or smokeless at least? That's been one of my favorite purchases of the past few years.