Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Woke up this morning and had to go to the emergency vet. It’s over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Snowmobile accident means a lot of things in a lot of different ways. There’s all sorts of safety considerations when you’re riding across the frozen tundra of Wisconsin that I didn’t know.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Why are you fasting for 3 days?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I did dry January last year. This year one of our friends is working on becoming a personal trainer, so we are attempting some challenge with her where drinking just deducts points. Since I'm competitive and working against a couple other insanely competitive people, I'd imagine it'll be dry until Valentine's Day.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

Ooh that sounds interesting because I want to get back on my workout schedule too. Is that something you can share? Understood if not because it's a work thing for her that she'll get paid for.

quote:

New Habits Challenge:
-Shorten length to 6 weeks, so Jan 1st - Feb 12th.
-Up to 4 points a week earned for lifting (body weight included) workouts, minimum 20 minutes.
-Up to 4 points a week earned for cardio (walking, running, HIIT, etc), minimum of 20 minutes.
-1 point per day if you hit 80% of your body weight in grams of protein.
-1 point per day when you get an average of 8,000 steps in per day over the course of the week (cardio can help with this).
-negative 1 point per alcoholic drink.

We all chipped in 20 bucks. Winner takes the pot. It's just an extended friend group and we mostly all have Apple Watches, which makes it pretty easy. It's a take on some 75 Hard bullshit that no one in their right mind should do.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Big Jesus posted:

The twins are in their colic phase so one of either my wife or myself is awake throughout 90% of the night. They’ll finally not make noise for a few minutes and I swear they know when you set your phone down to charge and get some sleep because they will immediately start fussing.

Hang in there. This is one of the hardest parts of twins.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Maybe it’s because there are actively antagonistic staff/admins and there aren’t clear standards for moderation in multiple forums so sometimes people take themselves way to seriously and other times we get the N****R thread

E: also the people who post in qcs on a normal basis are absolutely insane

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I have had 200g+ of protein for the last five days.

My turds are like rocks.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I've been eating veggies too. Just not enough I guess. I think I have some metamucil somewhere.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Isn't SodaStream the Israeli company that supports Palestinian apartheid?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Don’t feel like wandering into the politics forum to ask this but: if he’s elected Speaker can McCarthy just choose to not honor all the concessions he made to the freedom caucus nut jobs? Why do people think that won’t happen?

I think they're voting in the speaker and the rules package at the same time. Part of that rules package is a vote of no-confidence only needing a single congressman.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Good poo poo! That's great to hear! I have my MFP set to increase daily caloric intake if I exercise so physical therapy days will likely include a bit more than usual but I'm still aiming for my sedentary days to be 1500 calories. At this point, I don't feel like I'm starving. Maybe that changes, but for now I feel great (so far).

Do you mind me asking how heavy you are and what your goal is?

I’ve done keto and eventually just landed on a version that wasn’t high fat but just a pretty strict calorie restriction, often at the expense of carbs. It wasn’t something I’d do forever but I understand the feeling of wanting to jump start it.

How are you training during this? What’s the weight loss you expect at the deficit you’re planning weekly?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Brazil is having its January 6th right now

Maybe their government will actually shoot the fuckers.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wonder what FAA funding looks like. Maybe putting old white guys with no experience in charge of poo poo is a bad idea.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Fifty Three posted:

Don't care, phase them out in a way that doesn't gently caress over people when their existing stove breaks, or subsidize retrofits with proper exhaust hoods or something

Sudsidies are part of the proposal

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chicago has Malort. No thank you.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

So I made an appointment to meet with my boss today to discuss the overall make up of my department which hws gone from 6 staff to just 3 and my workload which has obviously doubled meaning I'm not managing a thing just doing admin and grunt work and soul crushing poo poo I don't want to do.

And

He decided not to show up this morning deciding instead to go visit clients. But he's also asked me to inform my team there's now a blanket ban on overtime.

I also got an email from middle management pissing and moaning at me for following procedure which made their lives slightly harder and instead of defending me, my boss who was looped into the email asked me to keep him informed of my justification as well.

So I am spending my day arguing to ensure my staff get paid and continue to get their OT and ignoring everything else.

This is good people managing though. Take care of your employees and the rest will work itself out usually.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

How the gently caress do so many Floridians vote for him then? I don’t get it.

He hurts the right people

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Frank Caliendo, a nation turns its eyes to you

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I do love the exasperation of people who just don't understand why other people continue to like something they don't.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I know there are strong opinions about rugs in this thread. I want to buy a largish rug for the twins’ room. Probably some shade of gray. 5x8 to 6x9. It’s for the play area as you first walk in.

I bought a cheap Amazon one that was very shaggy, which they loved, but it came vacuum packed and the memory foam didn’t expand to let it lay flat even after a week. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a cheapish rug that wouldn’t come vacuum packed and folded? Do I just need to go to HomeGoods?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Good news is structurally my knee is gorgeous.

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1620098396576190464?s=46&t=VBYe7dmihJHkgaPlPm88Bw

Patella fibular chondromalacia. Orthoscopic cleanup with a lateral release and harvesting some cartilage to grow in a lab in case (when) it gets worse.

speak english

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

I had sick gains for too long and the bill has come due.

so you're saying my goal of joining the 1k club may be a bad idea in my late 30s...

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Why would you not utilize the space over the garage? How do you even access the turret? Why does this exist.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Fine. Going another week and a half or so at least.

I’ve really enjoyed the weight loss and the lack of anxiety. I’m sure I’ll drink again but not drinking has felt really good this year coupled with being more intentional with my diet and exercise.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

So my idiot bosses plans of having 3 people do the work of 6 including me is unravelling super loving fast. I currently have 20 unaddressed cases and a warehouse manager who threatened me with an email to the boss because I refused to work past my finish time today. I also told the manager for the country today not to "bother me with this poo poo at 10 on a Thursday" before I hung up after they requested three years of claim data. So its safe to say my rear end will be getting chewed tomorrow, which will likely result in someone being told to eat my rear end. But I managed to force through my staff keeping their OT for the time being and I won't be fired on the spot - more like a written warning for being a dick. So my professional life is currently on life support but I have a line on some recruiters who are friends of a friend so hopefully I get actual opportunities and not them filling a quota and I've made a linked in and am updating my resume and cover letter templates tomorrow.

Deep breath and then just repeat: “You are not resourcing this properly. Please tell me what it is you’d like me to stop doing to accommodate your request.”

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Having a degree doesn’t mean you’re actually qualified. It’s why doctors still have 4 years off residency after they get the degree.

Dude is a loon.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Santos now lying about having ever held a gun.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm confused. She says this is about her and her husband, but the guy says his wife is a senior software tech and her bio says congressional reporter.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I have a gas stove and if the government wanted to give me a subsidy to have an induction stove I would be very happy

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I. M. Gei posted:

Y'all this storm is so much worse than you think. Like SO much worse let me tell you how much worse.

Apparently Austin got hosed so sideways by this ice storm that my company is calling all hands on deck and getting work crews from other cities — including mine — to help with the cleanup. This means that for the next week, my region's ONLY work crew will be in Austin, along with our service manager and only other salesperson. So I am about to be the one and only motherfucker in my whole entire region holding down the fort selling services for this tree service company.

For one week.

After a major ice storm.

It WON'T be okay.

I WILL gently caress this up.

:shepicide:

You are selling tree trimming. No one dies if you miss a sale. Relax. I guarantee they don’t pay you enough to stress this much about it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They probably don’t have induction technology in Australia yet

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

All im saying is If we're going to start killing people can probably do better than inbred people from Ohio who think dumb stuff.

Because if your line is dumb beliefs we're gonna be here for a while. Flat earthers, nazis, anti Vaxers, climate change deniers, commies, people that like mashed potatoes, anyone who says guesstimate, people who like the star was sequels... its gonna be a long list.

Boy howdy it seems like someone doesn’t know how state legislatures work here.

Those loving idiots ruin things for everyone.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

I won a raffle to buy a bottle of 17 year old Dickel whisky. I probably should’ve passed on it because this thing doesn’t have a ton of resale value, and I’m not a super duper whisky fan to justify spending $300 on whisky.

If I sold it, I could probably profit like $50 on the sale, and I’m not sure if I should just keep it or not. At least I’d have like one really nice whisky laying around if I want to impress someone for some reason.

I really don’t like any Dickel offering. I didn’t even know they sold a 17 year. I’d just see if you can trade it online for something of similar value or lots of solid lesser value bottles.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah you wrap the dog piss out of it and say it’s olive oil.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Saw the towels rec above. I need to replace all our towels as they’re a hodge podge if combining two houses and most of them should be shop towels at best.

Is there a recommendation for good but not insanely expensive towels? Or should I just go to Costco?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

I can't answer your science question but I do want to know the best way to buy a treadmill without spending ten grand. There has to be some re-seller of gym equipment somewhere. Like Play it Again Sports only the treadmills are functional? I'm nervous to buy one on craigslist.

Costco

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm sorry for your loss, Bird. It sucks.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a sexual elk posted:

My 2 year old still doesn’t have a SS number

How do you claim them for taxes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Conservativism is assuming that once your mind goes you’ll of course try to gently caress a child.