Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Woke up this morning and had to go to the emergency vet. It’s over.

I’m sorry man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

I say that last year but it was more like Dry Ja because I only lasted a week or so

Damp January

Dampuary

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

That's better than mine

Also lol how are you feeling this morning

That was the worst goddamn night of my life

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Heya TFF! Hope you're having a great new year. I haven't been posting as much lately because I've been distracted by a few things, but I'm still around.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm taking the "new year new you" thing seriously, and by that I mean that I came to terms with being trans. So, yeah! Same shirts, maybe some new cuts of fabric. She/her, and it's a pleasure to re-introduce myself.

oh hell yeah congratulations

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I got two knitted pullover sweaters on sale from orvis a couple years ago. I’ve never liked sweaters. The neck is always too tight, they’re itchy, etc.

But my god these things. My god.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tennessee apparently has a new law that if you drive drunk and you kill the parent of a child, you now owe child support to the child.

On the one hand, I like it because gently caress drunk drivers they deserve everything they get. But on the other it’s Tennessee so I’m assuming this is going to be used to go after minorities somehow.

quick googling shows homicide in Tennessee is already punishable by 8-30 years in prison. So does the driver's family pick up the tab?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Day five of dry January

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/choffercbus/status/1610670997132156929?s=46&t=bbBgvNfClkgQtGr7MLMZ9A

LeeMajors posted:

:hf:

The 24 packs of Topo Chico at Costco have scratched the evening drinking itch for me.

I’m going to SE asia for most of February so my plan is to just work myself to death for all of this month and then hopefully I’ll have enough energy to crawl onto a plane.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Jan 5, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

this is probably the sex tape that everyone in Atlanta has known existed for like two years

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I know I said it was impossible for the Dems to actually get their guy as Speaker of the House, but now, I still don't think it's likely, but it doesn't seem that impossible.

https://twitter.com/zdroberts/status/1611087345499148288?s=20&t=cJ84Z99XSSabrjBll5QKqQ

Apparently gop are losing voters due to existing obligations.

I’m sure the Dems are too, but…..

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Unlike McCarthy, I passed my test! Suck it NREMT and Congress

E: also the Cowboys

Yaaaaaaas to both

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I have never seen the Godfather movies

So I’ve seen them all, but like in parts during godfather marathons on AMC. Like I’d randomly flip to it and watch it for an hour then go do something else.

I couldn’t tell you the linear plot of any of the movies, but if I sat down and watched them I’d know every scene.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao talking about just buying guns and not mastering the gunkata of the Tetragrammaton Cleric

https://twitter.com/met_armsarmor/status/1611316212201316353?s=46&t=-_73iubBsVroOE5rd4Jxog

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I was just chugging soda water when I got a soda stream and I knew I couldn't be trusted with it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

It’s weird how easily the daily habit can creep up. I was a social drinker for 20+ years and the isolation of Covid + mid- to late-30s dad interpersonal friendship fade just started turning up the loneliness and boredom. Before I knew it was knocking down 4-5 beers a night without even getting intoxicated, purely as habit.

This is almost all of my patients who struggle with alcohol; all of them are in control until they're not.

And covid just ratcheted EVERYTHING up.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

I’m not proud of it and I’m trying to acquire comfort with it and speak as plainly as possible—as much for my benefit as anything.

I never missed work. I wasn’t getting blackout drunk. I was never violent or irresponsible. I was fully functioning and felt in control until I realized I was just on autopilot with it. Stepping back I realized I was shifting responsibilities around to make sure I was available to have a few. Or have a brewery day drinking opportunity.

And sitting a couple months out it’s wild how easily I would handwave those little adjustments in my life that weren’t wholly destructive, but just kind of there and making me less productive, engaged, ambitious, etc.

And dude, I'm not blowing smoke or minimizing what you're going through, went through, or have accomplished. Everyone has a different limit and it's admirable that you got to a place you realized you didn't want to be and have made that adjustment. That's huge for anything like this, especially given the field you work in. And I say this as someone who's similarly struggled with it.

But if it's any assurance or consolation or comfort, you weren't as far as you think you were, and you weren't NEARLY as bad as you might think. I don't think you lost control so much as you realized you might be close to doing it and you were able to nip it in the bud.

Working in detox, gently caress. I know you've carried tons of drunk people to sober up, or people having withdrawal seizures, or people who've thrown up so much they've hosed up their electrolytes or whatever. But working with people with AUD for 5-7 days, and taking to them, and getting to know them and their stories and what they've lost....you're nowhere near that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao

https://twitter.com/al_drago/status/1611580635969118209?s=46&t=AcmNoaIYbyevn5s-RUvs1Q

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I seriously wonder about the morals of someone that wants to punch out Matt Gaetz for the wrong reasons.

Gaetz apparently got a gavel on a house armed services committee SUBcommittee.

Rogers is the chair of that whole committee.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 7, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Sorry for you dieters but Monday is my birthday and we are celebrating with some Sonny’s Pizza and some king cake with the family today.

Sometimes it’s nice to live in Louisiana.

https://twitter.com/mattyhausofeels/status/1611784586639327239?s=46&t=jcuKItj3Vs2Cn50lLcpMug

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Favorite part of this horror of kids at drag shows or whatever is I’ve been to hooters in Pensacola and have seen families on vacations with their kids and uh…..

https://twitter.com/JohnWFerguson/status/1611780615883587585?s=20&t=iDYc2Mqejev0Kxnoq-S4PQ

White claws, no laws

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jan 8, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ryan Adams released a full cover of Nebraska and god loving dammit I wish I could enjoy this

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

HBDSB

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Got to administer chlorpromazine last night. Big boy antipsychotic, the kind that turns people into a staring lump in the corner of the room. The stuff women used to get in the fifties for wanting to file for divorce hysteria.

That was loving wild to see work.

Edit* forgot the best part. Guys wife has a restraining order against him for DV, brother and father both say he’s crazy and needs help, his emergency contact turned out to be his cocaine dealer who also said “oh this dudes insane I won’t sell to him anymore.” Coke dealer told me straight up “I don’t cut my coke with poo poo so it’s not me.”

Like you’re so out of control your drug dealer is like “nah man.”

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jan 10, 2023

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

had to involuntarily commit a patient last night

kept threatening to leave AMA, kept refusing a transfer to a higher level of care, uncertain psych diagnoses (probably bipolar, definite cluster b traits, maybe drug induced psychosis) pending DV charges, has made multiple threats to murder his wife and himself, was multiple suicidal threats made to staff while in detox, broke into an office twice to use a phone to call and harass his wife, etc.

when I submitted the petition to the magistrate, he was very quiet and focused for about 12 minutes while he reiterated specific parts, and I thought he was just going to deny it but it turns out he was retyping the whole thing because my hand writing is so bad. got to put my hand on the Bible and everything.

Went back to the clinic, cops showed up, separated him from group, sprung the news that he was heading to the puzzle factory, he burst into tears and that was that.

My thought process was that if he left AMA his wife and kids would only have a few hours notice before he got drunk and tried to find them. At least with him being IVC'd his family now has 72 hours to make arrangements. possible that his constant threats to leave AMA were just drug seeking behavior, but hey, you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

feels good! hope he gets the help he needs and wife and kids are safe.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

PBJ is superior imo

PBR and a shot of Jameson

In Austin I went to a bar that offered a “Mexican Blowjob” which was a Lonestar Beer + Jameson (LBJ)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Member the other day when I was saying my company was looking at me to take over a bigger role, more responsibilities etc?

Lol I got laid off instead. 20% of employees

e: Aw man and I lost my avatar I loved that avatar

decent package? sounds like you might be dodging a bullet tbh

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jammed a harbor freight nail gun so bad they gave me a new one.

Joey Freshwater posted:

12 weeks severance, paid in a lump sum which sucks but eh, 6 months medical, my RSUs entirely vest which is probably the biggest part. I think the company is about to go public and that could turn into big money.

Onward and upward man. Go on vacation.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

^^^ it’s just for trim!

Ahahaha harbor freight just gave me a new nail gun without a receipt because it was jammed so badly.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I would kill to get laid off

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol. Lmao

https://twitter.com/marisakabas/status/1613222211271155712?s=46&t=IF3MKUjYU9D5TJRe0mOLTQ

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sears had an entire credit service, store, great brand value, and even their own ISP in the 90s. There's a different Universe where Amazon doesn't exist and we're shopping the Sears Catalog App for our cheap poo poo.

It's the modern day version of wondering why China didn't have the industrial revolution like 900 years ago.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

rip to a real one

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm not ready for a movie theater experience so I'm waiting for The Menu to pop up on streaming. Same with Triangle of Sadness. There's also an Are You There God It's Me, Margaret movie coming out and I'm absolutely going to see it ASAP once it's on streaming.

I need Naatu Naatu from RRR to get an Oscar nom just to see how they stage it.

It's on HBO

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Is The Banshees of Inisherin any good? ... Or did they just do a remake of In Bruges

what the gently caress are you trying to say

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is like those weirdos that do 2 hours sleep 4 hours awake through the day.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a sexual elk posted:

Just finished the Menu, was kinda wary of goon recommendations after that stinker Barbarian, but really liked it. Going in blind really helped

where’d you go to college

Brown.

Student loans?

No.

Yeah you’re dying.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The menu was great, very well done, looked gorgeous

If we’re being honest I liked pig better.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/gojoshow/status/1614833292272074752?s=46&t=pM_xYMF7Xbe00ZbFu5G4Xg

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Death Cab/Postal Service are doing a Transatlanticism/Give Up tour where they're just playing both albums.

its already sold out

poo poo. poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

New songs from The National, btw