Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m awake and it’s 2023. I went to bed at 11:45, too lame to stay up another 15 minutes. Lol.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I usually make it a habit to not gently caress with the person who handles knives frequently.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Last day off then back to reality tomorrow. God I hate January.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Mr. Tingle understands me.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Pain of Mind posted:

Does the 40 hour work week work for two working parents? It feels like every weekend is spent cleaning.

No it doesn’t. We’re lucky that both my wife and I work flexible jobs, otherwise one of us probably would’ve had to quit or got fired. We miss so many days due to a sick kid, or daycare closing suddenly. If we had jobs that couldn’t be done from home, we’d be hosed.

The weekends are definitely spot cleaning when you can and trying to recover your sanity the other times. Also catching up on work if you have to.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I really debated about getting a job with the USPS, but having a job with hard set hours would be such a hardship with a kid that I just tossed that idea out of my mind. Maybe once my kid hits high school I could consider doing something like that.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I’m not watching. WTF is going on? Someone died on the field?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Well gently caress I hope he lives. This is gruesome. Don’t know how you can keep playing today after that.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Trees don't move. No idea if that was the cause but usually those trails can be tight, at least in my experience.

I’m watching Lord of the Rings and I beg to differ.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Heya TFF! Hope you're having a great new year. I haven't been posting as much lately because I've been distracted by a few things, but I'm still around.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I'm taking the "new year new you" thing seriously, and by that I mean that I came to terms with being trans. So, yeah! Same shirts, maybe some new cuts of fabric. She/her, and it's a pleasure to re-introduce myself.

Congrats!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

There’s nothing better than a really comfortable shirt. It’s really a change in life when you spend a few extra dollars to not get the cheapest poo poo on the shelf.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

And Jesus said, "get a job you bums!"

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

quick googling shows homicide in Tennessee is already punishable by 8-30 years in prison. So does the driver's family pick up the tab?

Is killing someone via DUI treated the same as homicide? A lot of states are much more lenient when killing someone by car, even if you're drunk. The law could also be used to just seize assets of the driver, if there are any.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

wandler20 posted:

A friendly reminder that you should never under any circumstance cut towards your body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT1DdO3SISg

Its Rinaldo posted:

My friend puts his daughter in what he calls the sleep sack. It's like half a sleeping bag that wraps around the kid and makes them into a slug merfolk encasing their legs. Makes it harder for the little escape artist to free herself from baby prison.

This is like the preferred way for babies. It cuts down on SIDS.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Basically you inferred something that was absolutely not there because you took that one post as a singular statement and reduced it to some other intent/flippant comment that nobody was making.

Edit
Whoa Amazon laid of 17,000 people? When you remember that’s more folks than most Fortune 500 companies have… it really hammers it home how much trouble Amazon must be in.

I think we're seeing a correction after 2020 and 2021 caused a huge rush in stock purchases and hiring. The economy is in such a weird spot right now where there are still more jobs than people, but the big tech firms are doing massive layoffs. Seems like the economy is bad for only one sector right now. I couldn't find any info on what type of jobs these layoffs are affecting, or maybe it's just across the board.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

But where will I post a pic of it?

If a chicken wing is ordered and not posted in a GDT, was it actually consumed?

:thunk:

The toilet will know.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

e: Well the cop was in a Marvel movie, so makes sense. Awkwafina seems to play the same character no matter what movie she's in though.

Did you leak some poo poo to the press Fiz?

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 5, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I want to see the Cops toss Elon out the door like Uncle Phil with Jazzy Jeff.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Guze posted:

He needs 218

Sort of. My understanding is they need a majority of all the voters in that round. If a bunch of people missed the vote, then that number goes down. There’s rumors that some R’s are going to put due to medical appointments, and a death in the family. If enough leave, the Dems could win.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is also why Sparks voting present is important. It has shifted the threshold to 217 already. Even if Buck was there, since she's voting "present" there are only 433 votes and 217 is majority.

True. And there’s a wild card strategy McCarthy could employ where he tells some of his own supporters to leave. He forces the crazy wing to chose between himself or Jeffries.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Crap. I agree with Matt Gaetz.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

Is it just me or does it feel like were entering week 3 of this week?

Between Damar Hamlin and Kevin McCarthy getting humiliated, it's been a pretty eventful week.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Classic example of why the oxford comma is good, actually. LOL

Christ yes. First week back from the holiday break, we've had a straight week of rain, all the poo poo my family's been struggling with is still there and not gone just because we tried to have a decently cheerful xmas, and I'm really feeling it. Last night I was dwelling on the nature of mortality and the futility of making an effort in the face of the crushing entropy of the universe till like 2 AM instead of sleeping. I should be happy that it's Friday but instead I'm just feeling stressed about not getting enough work done this week.

Someone post some good news for christ sake

Ugh, I always use a comma too!

I just had some good soup, sandwich, and chili fries. That's some good news.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I finally found the Kids section on Netflix and holy poo poo there are a million transformer, Lego, and power ranger shows now.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Yea they also have a ton of weird South Korean animated shows. Maybe the translation is just bad, but some of them of really weird and awkward.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

There was also a talking train show from Korea where the protagonist train had amnesia after an accident and the like traveled through portals.

Yes, Robot Trains, it’s not good, and I have no clue what is supposed to be going on.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I don’t think I could do a one day fast, let alone three day one. I start getting cranky after like 8 hours of not eating. Maybe if I lived and worked at home and I just purge the house of food I could pull it off. Maybe.

Took down the interior Christmas decorations and exterior ones come down tomorrow. Having Christmas stuff up is fun, but it’s nice to get some space back when the tree goes away.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I don’t know how any of that could be constitutional. How do you defined gendered clothes? A woman can’t wear pants? If a boy wears pink it’s illegal? God I hate these fuckers.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Not to mention the vast majority of productions of Peter Pan.

Or Mrs. Doubtfire.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

This is pretty much the problem here. A lot of people can’t really disassociate drag shows from sex. So to them, all things drag is about sex, and obviously why are we exposing kids to that? The fact that it’s not actually about sex doesn’t cross their mind. We have to break through that barrier.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Any way, I watched The Menu and I thought it was fantastic. Best comedy I’ve seen in ages.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I am not happy to be back into 100% work mode.

This will be me in about 13 hours when I get into the office.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

There are very few jobs out there that anyone would consider a dream job. The ones that do exist are usually some combo of low paying, super competitive, or force you to eat poo poo for a decade before you get to do what you really want to do. If you can get through all that, then great. A lot of people waste a lot of years of their lives never making it.

I’ve settled into a job that I’m decent at, is flexible, and I get along with my coworkers and boss. It’s not my dream job, it’s certainly not exciting, but it pays the bills and doesn’t involve me breaking my body to do it.

I have gone through three waves during my career where I came close to quitting and making a career change and I never did it. I think I always convinced myself that no job was really going to make me happy. I just had to pick something that I could deal with, and I think I finally accepted that.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The only one you need to know about is Krewe du Vieux.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Braksgirl posted:

Also I would like to mention that it is SB’s birthday today so if anyone feels like wishing this silver fox a happy day please feel free.

Happy birthday old man!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Send Bolsanaro to Jacksonville.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

She died of COVID? You’re supposed to get vaxxed but lie about it you idiot.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Today I'm 44, and Emmy is 4:

Happy Birthday to you two!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

All the airline poo poo over the last month sure is making me excited to fly in a couple of weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

These failures are because the government won’t get off peoples backs. We need more privatization. All economists are tweeting this.

The free market will keep planes from crashing into each other.