Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Flair posted:

That which was leaked a few days earlier has come to pass.

I can't say that I know much about the studio's history of games besides that they codeveloped Diablo Immortal.

They were working on a mobile version of Overwatch with Blizzard at one point, this looks to be the remains of that project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

everyone running so slow, Hulk needing more than one punch to kill a dude, marvel quips, this poo poo suuuuuuucks

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Oh no... Is take two going to add their terrible launcher to Risk of Rain and Homeworld games now?

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
DORONKO WANKO

quote:

In this game, You can become a cute, innocent Pomeranian, make your master's home messy and dirty. "Will the master be angry with me?" Don't worry. Because you are a sweet doggie.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Rauniot is an upcoming finnish post-apocalyptic adventure game which looked interesting so I tried to find more info about it. Unfortunately there is not much to go on yet, but I like the dated technology of the setting and the graphic style, at least - the dev did play their Fallout. It'll be out 17.4.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

If they add a turret class like Torb in there I'm in.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Iiiiit's Missile!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there any way to have game updates on Steam not queue up a download when it's set to "only update when launched"? I thought the whole point of this setting was so I could leave a game installed that I'm not actively playing and not be badgered about updates but it still puts em in the download queue under "unscheduled" which sorta defeats the purpose. Guess I'll just delete BG3 then download it again later when I feel like playing again.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is there a way to make IsThereAnyDeal not email me when something is 0% off? 😐

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Hello this is IsThereAnyDeal, we've introduced a new service: now we're also informing about the best deals in threads on the forums you visit. For example, would you like to purchase the Stellaris Ultimate Bundle at a mere $254?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Hello, I need the biggest DLC bundle you have.

*gets linked a Paradox game*

No... that's too big.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

No... that's too big.

lol

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Sab669 posted:

Yeah, there should be a setting in your...settings

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

No... that's too big.

Not big enough :getin:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

seriously speaking though I respect how DCS does it because in no world do you need all of that DLC, just grab a plane you like, maybe an extra map, and go you have the full game have fun

meanwhile paradox can go gently caress itself, I ain't giving them 400$ to play a game I might not even like

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Red Candle's Nine Sols will be released on May 29th. Extremely excited for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yx7LvPR1mU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ambushed by rats! Will their craven tricks ever end?

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

StrixNebulosa posted:

seriously speaking though I respect how DCS does it because in no world do you need all of that DLC, just grab a plane you like, maybe an extra map, and go you have the full game have fun

meanwhile paradox can go gently caress itself, I ain't giving them 400$ to play a game I might not even like
Paradox has that subscription for Hearts of Iron IV but ...

I bought it on sale but it was my first and only Steam refund. Love love love Stellaris, but this was not my speed.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ghostlight posted:

not until gearbox stops owning it

Y'know, it's not something most people want to hear, want to admit to themselves, but Duke3D? Yeah, it rocks.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Ambushed by rats! Will their craven tricks ever end?

I hope not.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I was asked by a non-goon friend about Total War Warhammer and how to get into it and I want to share my hyperfixation with y'all

Guide to Total War Warhammer 3 and its DLC:

1) You want TW3. This contains the most up to date engine/graphics/etc and is receiving support. It also has a fantastic tutorial.

2) The main mode of the game to play is 'immortal empires'. You get this for free with TW3. It is the mega-map version where you're one faction fighting 200+ across the world. ALL content is unlocked, you WILL face all factions regardless of your DLC content.

The only locked stuff is who you play as.

3) With TW3, your unlocked factions/lords are:
Chaos, Cathay (China), Kislev (Russia), more Chaos. Any of these choices are fine for a first game, any of these choices will keep you busy for a long time.

4) "but strix I really want to be rats/dwarfs/elves/vampire pirates" now we're into the DLC territory. be precise about who you want - the game will tell you what you need to unlock them, or ask me. Do NOT buy everyone at once, if you can somehow play 70+ lords full games in a week get a life go outside SEEK HELP

I, personally, would recommend waiting for a sale, picking up TW3 and then depending on your personal preferences TW1 or 2, just so you have a more even spread of not-chaos choices, but literally all you need to hop in and have fun AOW4-style is the base game of 3.

The only actually bad DLC is the cosmetic one that adds blood and gore to the game, and as I understand that's optional to avoid ESRB destroying them.

bonus FAQ

a) "What about story modes?" consider these optional challenge modes and ignore them until you have an immortal empire under your belt

b) "are TW1 and 2 obsolete" yeah basically. like you can go back to them for their story stuff, but as I understand it, get ready for weird jank/older cruft/etc. (fake edit: another friend informed me there's REALLY good story stuff in TW2 especially, but agreed that it's the kind of thing you check out after you've fought an immortal empire or two)

c) "best faction to start with as a newbie?" In order: play the prologue -> your favorite -> empire (humans)/dwarves/kislev/cathay (maybe?)/there are 50 answers to this, but effectively you want factions that aren't micro-heavy ala bretonnia or skaven or slaanesh, as you will have no idea what to do with them.

d) "what is the story?" you are [faction]. everyone else has wronged you. FIGHT.

e) "what is the gameplay?" giant 4X ala age of wonders, but instead of tactical turn-based battles it's the most detailed RTS you've ever seen, as you order regiments around. The game does a surprisingly good job of simplifying itself, but the deeper you get the more insane the details are.

f) "do I need to install any of the previous games" nope, TW3 works by steam detecting what you own, you just need TW3 installed and you're good to go. I own TW3 and TW1 and dwarfs are in no problem without installing TW1.

in conclusion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3rXKKGsfpk

Watch this, enjoy the Empire try to convince the forces of good to team up while his mage-elf-advisor fucks things up by calling dwarfs short

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 28, 2024

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

the blood and gore dlc owns. basically required if you do a khorne playthrough

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Scary game bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/spring-screams

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Bunker + Quarry is worth the price alone

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Ghostlight posted:

looks like poo poo bring back marvel heroes.

Marvel heroes spent a long time sucking and by the time it kicked rear end they just turned it off. They should bring it back!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Marvel Heroes deserved better.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They're bringing back Hellgate London so imagine the support for a game people actually cared about.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When I played Total Warhammer 1, I played as the Dwarves who have a "Book of Grudges" where they write down everybody who has wronged them (real or imagined) so they can eventually get revenge. At one point I resolved enough grudges that it negatively impacted my authority because the other dwarves were like,"We don't have enough people to be mad at, so now we're mad at YOU! :toughguy:"

:allears:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I'm glad they put blood and gore behind DLC because frankly that has no place in my Warhammer game.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

When I played Total Warhammer 1, I played as the Dwarves who have a "Book of Grudges" where they write down everybody who has wronged them (real or imagined) so they can eventually get revenge. At one point I resolved enough grudges that it negatively impacted my authority because the other dwarves were like,"We don't have enough people to be mad at, so now we're mad at YOU! :toughguy:"

:allears:

Don't worry, grudges are still in TW3 and boy it's funny being mad at everyone. :getin:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
They should make a turn based total war warhammer. I like it, but the real time combat is the worst part.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i am Doronko Wanko. Behold my Holy Squalor.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

exquisite tea posted:

They're bringing back Hellgate London so imagine the support for a game people actually cared about.

Hellgate London has technically been shambling around in some kind of operative state for a while.

Orv
May 4, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

Hellgate London has technically been shambling around in some kind of operative state for a while.

Depends on how you look at it, the original MMO version was dead for several years, then the Korean reboot was around for a bit then also died in I want to say 2017 and it's currently only available as a single-player thing.

It was very weird reading about the new game yesterday and having the lead guy talk about how he thought there was more to mine from the vein of Hellgate. I am probably the original game's biggest apologist around here, even if it doesn't remotely deserve it and no man, no. Let it lie.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Substandard posted:

They should make a turn based total war warhammer. I like it, but the real time combat is the worst part.

WRONG, BITCH

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Orv posted:

Depends on how you look at it, the original MMO version was dead for several years, then the Korean reboot was around for a bit then also died in I want to say 2017 and it's currently only available as a single-player thing.

It was very weird reading about the new game yesterday and having the lead guy talk about how he thought there was more to mine from the vein of Hellgate. I am probably the original game's biggest apologist around here, even if it doesn't remotely deserve it and no man, no. Let it lie.

I mean, even as a single player standalone that still makes it more playable than Marvel Heroes these days.

Honestly if I squint really hard I could see throwing The Division and The Secret World into a blender to create some kind of cursed loot game based on the general premise of Hellgate. But it still wouldn't be my first choice, no.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

John Murdoch posted:

I mean, even as a single player standalone that still makes it more playable than Marvel Heroes these days.

Debatable.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Substandard posted:

it is turn based

Orv
May 4, 2011

John Murdoch posted:

Honestly if I squint really hard I could see throwing The Division and The Secret World into a blender to create some kind of cursed loot game based on the general premise of Hellgate. But it still wouldn't be my first choice, no.

I mean, look. I don't think Marvel Heroes ever actually got good and people are completely whack for thinking it was. But I still wouldn't put any version or experience of Hellgate above it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I'm not putting anything ahead of anything, I'm just saying Hellgate managed to only mostly die, whereas Marvel Heroes completely died.