Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

ZearothK posted:

This guy gets mad that he needs to buy a new FIFA to update his Ronaldos.

charging full price for each new iteration of the game which is somehow worse than the last one?

you're right. total war is fifa. the only thing they're missing is selling loot boxes with random lords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Ghostlight posted:

doom 1 was absolute bullshit. they put the true ending of the game behind the dlc and you couldn't even order it online you had to physically phone someone and receive it in the loving mail.

I got it from my Maths teacher. He saw us play it on a school computer after we asked him if we could install it to show a friend who didn't have a PC, and he was like "lol, you only have the shareware? I have the full version...". :yarr:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Foul Fowl posted:

charging full price for each new iteration of the game which is somehow worse than the last one?

you're right. total war is fifa. the only thing they're missing is selling loot boxes with random lords.

Those are little boxes of surprise and wonder.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

e: wait a minute what is this

That's Fahrenheit. Used by Liberia, and I think at least one country in the Americas, though I don't remember which one.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the david cage game?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The Ray Bradbury book?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

The gum that hydrates?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Runa posted:

the david cage game?

I'm sorry, as a former British colony inhabitant, I only know it by the alternate title: Zombie Dating and Martial Arts vs Internet Simulator.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

Pretty shocked to try jagged alliance 3 and find out I hate the combat side of it. I played so much JA2 and 1.13 in the day, but to be fair, I reckon I'd hate them if I played them today too. It felt like nothing mattered. I don't mind chance to hit being hidden but hell I'd like someone to die after I go to the trouble of flanking and putting a close up burst into them. The bit that made me uninstall was seeing two dudes standing together, thinking great, I'll grenade them. Ok they both survived. Grenade again. Ok they both survived. Grenade again. Ok they both survived that to full auto hose down my squad, alt, f4, uninstall.

My game that bitterly disappointed me was Naval Action.

Such a brilliant battle arena game, then they decided to make it an mmo.

Mothmansplainer
Apr 2, 2020
I see that Lightyear Frontier is on sale with a slight discount as part of the Farming Fest. Does anyone have early access impressions? The concept seemed fun.

Edit: Specifically, is there a decent amount of content there?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

sebmojo posted:

what's the new one like?

Just spoiling all this for sake of ease: Same basic structure of walking around in cyberspace, but now you need to shoot ice off of circuit nodes dotted around the arenas, then bait Shodan into shooting death rays into specific spots to power the circuits. This unlocks the yellow thingies you shoot at her. You still fend off waves of enemies, but it's just the basic magenta and green ones now. You're given a machine gun version of the basic shuriken weapon to start off with now and then can swap it out via pickups for a shotgun or a charging explosive weapon. You only get the railgun pew pew gun at the very end so you can do a target practice QTE to seal the deal. The later arenas are expanded a bit to support the new gimmicks, but the overall flow of riding platforms between each one is the same.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Aces High posted:

thanks very much, I will try it out. It wasn't just System Shock, there's a few other games that I have that I wanted to see if I could roll back for kicks (though there are some games that have gotten kinda broken from newer patches)

And for people who care about achievements this is a great way to obtain ones that were bugged by patches and never fixed.

(Warhammer 40K Daemonhunters is on my mind)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Anti-Hero posted:

And for people who care about achievements this is a great way to obtain ones that were bugged by patches and never fixed.

(Warhammer 40K Daemonhunters is on my mind)

Oooor you could just use Steam Achievement Manager.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i feel bad for people who care about achievements

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Sins 2 is finally coming to a platform that actually exists!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Di9NEJnpRM

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mordja posted:

god drat it, I originally read this in my head as a sequel for the first person shooter.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Team17 bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/team17-from-golf-greens-to-battle-scenes

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mordja posted:

Did it leave early access or whatever the Epic store calls that? Or is this also the launch of the Steam early access.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Mordja posted:

There wasn't (and still isn't) anything else quite like the Sins of a Solar Empire, so I'm hyped.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3moTauZ1lMs

That other Helldivers game is coming out July 25.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I didn't know they were devleoping a sequel. And it's releasing soon? Nice.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kibayasu posted:

Did it leave early access or whatever the Epic store calls that? Or is this also the launch of the Steam early access.

You know, I'm not certain. I know they're adding in the Advent, and since they're (again) not planning to do a campaign, I'm not sure what's left other than polish and fixes. I haven't been following development that closely tbh.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

dark souls

I'm gonna say it. I think sen's fortress sucks a lot worse than Blighttown.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

dark souls

It's ok to be wrong

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

StrixNebulosa posted:

dark souls

You're right. Blighttown kicks rear end while Sen's Fortress merely rules.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

once you get used to sens it is a breeze. everything is on very predictable cycles.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

StrixNebulosa posted:

dark souls

Skill issue

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

StrixNebulosa posted:

dark souls

:wrong:

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sen's Funhouse is great.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

StrixNebulosa posted:

dark souls

did it get you?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Awesome! posted:

once you get used to sens it is a breeze. everything is on very predictable cycles.

The snakes are not predictable

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

ymgve posted:

The snakes are not predictable

Yeah they are they go "sssSSSSss" as I hit them with my big sword and then they die :smuggo:

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Strix just got spooked by the first mimic they encountered and will hold a grudge for the rest of their lives nbd

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Squiggle posted:

Strix just got spooked by the first mimic they encountered and will hold a grudge for the rest of their lives nbd

Working as intended

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

gently caress take two gently caress take two gently caress take two

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1785765337809457583

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

dark souls: the snakes are fine, the titanite demons are fine one at a time (if super slow to kill) the mimics are fine

it's the goddamn pendulums and the loving rolling ball that I have to wait for EVERY TIME

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

The 7th Guest posted:

The reference article is paywalled, but are the referenced games going to stay up on their storefronts?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The 7th Guest posted:

drat, that really sucks, Rollerdrome was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

gently caress that is an early access game too, so is development ended on that game now? That really fucks over everyone who paid for it. That early access wasnt cheap either, it was a $50 game.