Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I'm glad people mentioned Roadwarden, I'm really enjoying it. It release a year ago? I'm surprised I never heard of it until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 2, 2000

drat, that's pretty high praise. I might have to pick it up.

Aug 2, 2000

The 7th Guest posted:

uhhh holy poo poo mundfish how are you gonna explain this one. holey moley

Bioshock Infinite also had racist caricatures but the context was "this is a psycho white supremacist society and it sucks poo poo". I don't know the context for this screenshot within the game. Like it could be a similar message or it could just be random racism, I don't know.

Aug 2, 2000

https://youtu.be/gYXHnkhRwCY

Aug 2, 2000

After reading these 7th Guest roundups I've decided I'd like to quit my job and just play games all day

Aug 2, 2000

The 7th Guest posted:

- The Gex Trilogy is coming to all platforms including Steam using the Carbon Engine (this is not a joke)
I won't play the games, but I will watch the videogamedunkey review

Aug 2, 2000

I said come in! posted:

It sucks how badly Blizzard butchered Overwatch. It could have been a really great game, the premise is fantastic, and it has a great foundation for a really fun and competitive shooter. I also love the characters, and artstyle. But then you actually play it and it just feels like rear end. The balance is so bad.
Overwatch had incredible support from the fans for the first year. All my friends seemed to love it. The memes, fan artwork, and catchphrases were all over the internet. Even the voice actors were receiving a lot of attention and love. I would see the related merchandise like t-shirts in the wild pretty frequently. I can't overstate how much goodwill and success Blizzard had before completely ruining it.

Aug 2, 2000

I'm having a blast in BG3 so far. Combat, the dialogue/characters, the choices, it's all fun. I can tell just from character creation I'm going to play this a million different ways for years with different concepts.

Aug 2, 2000

I started playing the Castlevania DS games on Deck. You can instantly swap the screen positions with a button press during gameplay. I like to play with the map in the corner but you can also fill the entire display with the primary screen and use the swap button to glance at the map. Crucially, you can draw on the Deck's touch screen just like a DS screen instead of using weird workarounds.

Aug 2, 2000

You can play through a 30 minute recap of Alan Wake on Fortnite through their official release "Alan Wake: Flashback".
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/fo...ore-alan-wake-2

I loved Alan Wake and I am super psyched for the sequel this week. The combination of Twin Peaks, Stephen King, and Twilight Zone set in the Pacific Northwest was perfect for my taste. Combat was terrible, but hopefully they learned some lessons.

Aug 2, 2000

Orv posted:

The worst thing about the Remedyverse, a place where supernatural forces of unknowable power and malevolence are apparently a dime a dozen, is that Alan Wake is a bestselling author.

Upsidads posted:

James Joyces Fart Letters are pretty great
The video game adaptation was horrifying. I preferred Finnegan's Wake 64.

Aug 2, 2000

Azran posted:

When I tried creating missions I would get at most one other person after 5-10 minutes but I assumed that was because everyone's playing the higher difficulties by now
Tons of players at all difficulties. If you're the host and land on the planet you can speed up other players joining by deploying the SOS beacon from your stratagem menu.

Aug 2, 2000

I couldn't get over the dumb cartoon graphics in Dune: Spice Wars. I wish it had more of a gritty realist aesthetic.

Aug 2, 2000

Mordja posted:

gently caress it, just give it to Blackbird and have them remake Deserts of Kharak but with sandworms.

Aug 2, 2000

Substandard posted:

Pinball fx used to be better but kind of sucks now. Honestly the best solution is to :filez: Pinball Arcade so you can get all the tables that the licenses expired on or whatever. If you can play Adams Family and Twilight Zone you are good for life IMHO.
Pinball FX has those licenses now and their versions are much higher quality. Nicer graphics but more importantly physics more true to life.

As mentioned, VPX is great and tons of the tables are very, very high quality. It can be a huge pain to configure but hey it's free.

Aug 2, 2000

I really liked coffee talk, it was perfect when I was stressed and wanted something comforting to play. I was bummed to hear the creator, Mohammad Fahmi, died young :(

Aug 2, 2000

Chrono Ark is great and it hit 1.0 recently. It's a roguelike deck builder with anime JRPG elements. It's in my top tier of this genre with Slay the Spire and Monster Train. You pick 4 party members from a large roster every run and they each have their own customizable decks and equipment slots. It feels really good being able to mix that many combinations together. The story is quite substantial, although you can just skip the dialogues if you want.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1188930/Chrono_Ark/

Aug 2, 2000

Azran posted:

Eh, I'd much rather they stayed within their wheelhouse; no one else does the kind of strategy games they make.
Creative Assembly used money and talent developing a live service character shooter called Hyenas, chasing a trend that their fans actively disliked. It was never going to survive in this saturated market. In the meantime their work on Total War got shoddier and community relations worsened sharply.

SEGA brought the hammer down and cancelled Hyenas after a rumored $90+ million wasted and told CA in no uncertain terms to stick to their core competencies from now on. I think they will be squarely focused on TW for a very long time before they get out of the doghouse.

strange feelings re Daisy fucked around with this message at 09:28 on May 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 2, 2000

kazil posted:

Are you playing a Yakuza game with a keyboard???
Someone post the image