Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't like gow, but that doesn't make me smart. i'm dumb as poo poo and also bad at video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it has similarities, but it's much shorter and easier.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are a few tricks i had to learn from others. for one, if someone is in one scene but gone in a consecutive scene, they probably fell overboard and drowned.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
those fuckin' shoes, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
titanfall 2 is the one with a good sp campaign, no?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Anno posted:

New Mimimi game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1545560/Shadow_Gambit_The_Cursed_Crew

Seems to be sticking to the Shadow Tactics/Desperados genre, but now fantasy pirate stuff.

Gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BykuAlQlSIw

i will always be down for more shadow tactics.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the man cannon looks decent enough, but hiding underground? that poo poo's dynamite!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hasn't the original dead space pc version been completely busted for at least a decade, now?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
harvestella is a fun game with some really weird twists, but it is incredibly obvious that at some point they ran out of art assets. oh, a long sealed door where vitally important plot is revealed!.... is a nondescript room with six of the sole computer console model in a circle and a copy of the flying drone enemy model to provide some exposition.

some weird poo poo happened with that development process.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the train level of lost planet 2 was incredibly ambitious but even in coop the game just wasn't very fun to play.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what is a battleship, but a very large torpedo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

RC Cola posted:

Too late I'm deep into steamworld heist but that's next on the list I think

heist is a great game but god help you if you want to go for all of the achievements.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

anilEhilated posted:

I think there are challenges for going through the missions non-lethally, but I'm fairly sure you unlock them after you beat the missions. Anyhow, the crew eventually grows on you and there will be some plot twists but if you're not enjoying it, there's probably not much reason to continue.

the characters and writing are mostly okay at best, with a few scenes throughout the games that are better. the main draw is the gameplay. some missions have optional objectives not to kill anyone, but most do not. i don't bother with those, because that poo poo's boring.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Okay lmao what? Why does this screen in Midnight Suns

lag so much that it can't even keep 60 fps?

2k launcher

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i might buy midnight suns when they stop updating the anti-cheat measures. it's a single player game, so that poo poo is very much a dealbreaker.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
phantom brigade makes a good first impression, but it kind of devolves into a big mess once the unit count goes up a bit. i also would like if there was a way to track when missiles will hit. you can calculate from when they are fired but there's no shortcut and there are often a whole lot of missiles in the air at once.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i guess they are gonna nerf missiles so i'm done with the game until that patch.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Seems kinda odd, are they saying that they're just too strong for the player? I guess the AI isn't really gonna dash or take cover to avoid them like the player would

the basic premise of the gameplay is the timeline prediction that you use to avoid enemy attacks while you attack them, and missiles just ignore all that to poo poo out mostly unavoidable damage. there are too many enemies with missiles, missiles are very strong, and you can't reliably block or evade them. the timeline system works fine for other weapon types, but right now it only tracks missiles as they are fired and not afterward. so you have to count forward from when they are fired to find the time to dash. except, half the time that doesn't actually work and they still home in through the dash and hit you anyway. and even then, due to the long range and travel time there are a lot of missiles in the air that were fired the previous turn, meaning you can't track them in any way in the current turn.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's trying too hard to be funny but not trying hard enough in any other area.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the trailer showed off a bunch of novelty vehicles. everyone loves novelty vehicles!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ghosts?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
different subforum

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
new colossus feels like it was maybe 70% done.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
drat, then i guess i've gotta kill steam.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't like grinding and i don't like being at the mercy of rng so i'll always cheat to bypass those elements if possible. it's usually possible, because few devs for sp games make an effort to combat cheat engine. some, like troubleshooter, just have really strange architecture that makes memory editing impossible from the start.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the thing about y0 is that due to inflation, you can easily buy all of the high end recovery items you could ever need. it's basically free.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lmao

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you lost as soon as you clicked the clearly labeled tvtropes link.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i appreciate the clarification that afterimage is absolutely not for me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

kazil posted:

I thought Obduction was incredibly boring myself

that's the classic myst aesthetic!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the navigation didn't really matter at all. the cipher was very important, though!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you don't need that to get the raja's name. the two people taking the test are his relatives. their last name is the name of the country, which tells you the name of the city. the raja's first name is in cloudsley's notes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's no way a game starring cloud strife could ever be anything less than maximum anime. embrace it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think i briefly tried hawken but it was a mp game with a high skill cap so i got constantly owned. the f2p elements were also kind of bad, maybe? something to do with upgrades.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's every industry

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
really damning with faint praise, there

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's trying a bit too hard

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, you probably spend more time on combining dupes and trying to form sets than you do on the autoshooter parts. i'm not quite sure how well it will turn out, but it's very early access atm.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hmm, is the quick saving supposed to be disabled for the shadow gambit demo? I can't get it to work despite the on-screen prompts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

if your keyboard is a bad piece of poo poo like mine, the function keys default to AV playback controls and there's an Fn key you have to hold for actual useful things

Fn key, more like effin key lmao

that's what i have, yeah. but i'm quite familiar with using the fn key and that doesn't work. nor does the on-screen quicksave button.