Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've been going through my Steam library hiding games I will never touch again and removing all the f2p games from my account. Here are things of minor interest that I spotted in the recent (2020+) news of ancient games:

Ancient abandoned 2d platformer roguelite Catacomb Kids started getting updated again in 2020 and has been updated as recently as last November

Wow, that's a name that hasn't been spoken since before the cooling of the Earth's crust. That dev may not be quick, but you gotta admit he's persistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided they can slow the flow of the Sale Juice since November-January are already so packed with big sale events.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Yeah a mega rich company ceo that tried to crowdfund his mega rich company ceo buddy being able to drive a tank.

Hell of a dude

I only barely know who Dave Lang is but if these are the worst sins you can level at a guy, that speaks pretty well for him I think.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

Det_no posted:

So that HoloCure "Vampire Survivors but vtubers" game was released on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2420510/HoloCure__Save_the_Fans/

It's better than Vampire Survivors.

Yeah, all the memes and in-jokes aside it's probably in the running for Best In Breed for this genre.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

I love Kassandra but she still don't hold a candle to my man Bayek. The way he lives completely through the filter of his religion, his warm voiced cultural tidbits he drops as he meets people and the way it contrasts with his turns as Wrathful God Bayek, he's like a Lawful Good D&D Paladin and Batman had a chisled baby and it's awesome.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

I too preemptively hate popular thing.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Rogue Trader is so good y'all.

Massive improvements all around compared to their Pathfinder games.

Yeah, it's got a few classic CRPG warts but it's so good. Definitely gives me strong "everybody involved in this production actually likes 40k and actively gives a poo poo" feelings. There are some things to nitpick at - the arithmetic storm that barfs out of some of the ability tooltips can make you go cross eyed a bit for example, but when I'm actually playing it I couldn't give less of a poo poo. It's too fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

I am extremely jazzed for Ostranauts but after completely burning myself on NEO Scavenger long before its full release I'm resolved to hold out this time. Which is kind of killing me, because it looks like extremely my poo poo.