Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Boy I sure have been seeing this error for a while now.

Anyone else been having trouble signing in and general friends network connectivity problems consistently for a while?(I swear it's all been acting up for me for almost 3 weeks now)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Kins posted:

The Hitman games are getting consolidated together on January 26, so there's only one game (Hitman 3 with the Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Standard content) and one DLC (containing the Hitman 2 and 3 expansions). If you already own Hitman 3, that means you'll be getting the Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 standard content for free if you don't own them already.

This is kind of annoying for someone that already bought the first 2 games less than a year ago.

Do previous owners get any sort of discount on 3? It's not entirely clear.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Having grown up with all things Harry Potter, haters vacate.

I've been dying for a game like this for years and I just finally had a look at some gameplay videos, I was expecting it to look like a dogshit mobile game or something based on what everyone here's saying.

Skipped around this video and it looks glorious, the fact that you can ride a hippogriff kind of sells me immediately and that these are treated as actual animals that you can take care of.
Don't have to kill monsters, a lot of them are sentient so you can actually talk to them to get their resources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS4qPq20aVo

It looks cozy as heck, I hope it isn't as bad as the developer's pedigree makes it seem like it could be.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm used to it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Someone's jelly that they won't have a house elf slave. :smug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Tiny Timbs posted:

monkey island, captain claw, and what else?

Rebel Galaxy!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sail Forth looks really promising too, seems to have a bit of everything that one could possibly want out of a new Sid Meier's Pirates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0QebjUzOHg

Anyone have impressions of it already?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Survive also came out after Konami hosed Kojima and was purely a Konami creation.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Tiny Timbs posted:

C&C: Remaster is so incredibly well done. They did such a good job with that. I hope EA can get its head out of its rear end to approve the same treatment for TS and RA2.

I think even with the remaster I wasn't masochistic enough to attempt the Covert Ops missions lol

90s RTSes were a different breed, whole lot of pain staking micro.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Whoa, that's a pretty beefy expansion for 15 bux.

I feel compelled to give this game a fair shot now that they've added a bunch of accessibility features so that I can just sorta poke at the game's ecosystem.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The Kins posted:

Official reason is to account for inflation since the 2016 release.

Sounds like another something that he probably decided to pick up from Uncle Bob.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

She repeated herself like 4 or 5 times in a row, jesus christ.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

pentyne posted:

what is the best fishing game on steam that isn't Sega Bass Fishing?

RDR2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQTV1JolYoo

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Broken Cog posted:

Man, Hi-Fi Rush is so good, and it just came out of nowhere.

I don't even loving LIKE rhythm games and I'm also digging this a lot.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

big cummers ONLY posted:

Minecraft has had an end boss for over a decade

The last time that I tried Minecraft was when it first came out after that janky little Infiniminer game. :kiddo:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm not interested and won't be playing it

The 7th Guest posted:

wow! sounds feature packed. won't be playing it

Narrator: They will be playing it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mordja posted:

Demmo for The Great War: Western Front is up, the new strategy game from Petroglyph. Downloading it now.

Hell yeah, I know Petroglyph is wicked spotty with their games but I always look forward to whatever they work on.

Especially cause RTSes desperately need a boomer shooter-style comeback.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dr. Video Games 0069 posted:

Demos!

Darkest Dungeon 2

I played a lot of the first game for not having enjoyed it very much, so I'm not sure this game is for me. It is lovely though, at least in terms of how it portrays horrifying stuff. Though I'm not sure I want to watch the wagon driving around for 30 seconds at a time in between encounters.

Not great but hey maybe the game might still be good:

I thought I was taking crazy pills with this feature honestly, who thought this was a good fun idea? Granted there's an auto drive button but you still have to go left or right some times.
They should have a way so you can plan the route via the overhead map or something cause this ain't it chief.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Doom Eternal's biggest issue is definitely that you're pretty much meant to be on the ropes at all times, positively HURTING for resources at all times.

Even on easy you run out of ammo and you're forced to engage with its color coded loot pinata systems instead being able to naturally find ammo/health/armor lying around in reasonably plentiful quantities like the games of old.

But hey, silly me for getting Eternal on day one under the assumption that I'd still be able to mostly play it like 2016.

I'm a bit of a baby that also hates Souls-likes and generally just wants semi-mindless fun out of their games, thank the dark lord for New Blood and Devolver.
Dusk and Amid Evil are perfect examples of the genre while Eternal is, imo, absolutely overdesigned to all hell.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

zoux posted:

I like all video games except rap and country.

Parappa the Rapper and RDR2 on suicide watch

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Returnal looks really cool but I'm a baby when it comes to hard as balls games, mostly if it's structured at all like a Souls-like.

But I do love me some bullet hell and metroidvanias/roguelites/likes/whatevers just cause it's usually quick to restart and get back to where you were.

Y'all think I'd be able to dig it? If it's pretty much just Enter the Gungeon but third person or even like Risk of Rain 2 then I'll probably love it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

exquisite tea posted:

It's a very beatable game, especially if you're cautious, but one of the major knocks against it from an investment standpoint is that it tends to run on the long side. A successful clear will take you about 60-90min to beat for both acts. There's a suspend option but it's not generally a game that you can throw yourself back into immediately after dying and get back to where you last were in 15 minutes. You do get some mobility shortcuts later on, but being thorough in Returnal tends to be highly advantageous.

explosivo posted:

I'm enjoying it a lot so far, definitely feels way more of a traditional rougelike than I was expecting. If you like RoR2 then you already know mostly what to expect here. The bullet hell feel is neat and the graphics/particle effects make for a very nice looking game.

redreader posted:

Returnal is hard but not bs impossible. I'm not particularly good at games (every gaming friend group I've ever been in, there have always been a couple of people better than me, at least) and I 100%'d the plot which requires at least fully beating the game twice. The game gets easier and easier the more you play it due to weapon level metaprogression, unlocks, getting used to enemies, and knowing which weapons/traits are good/bad.

For reference I think I took about 35 tries to beat Hades the first time, in hades.

Alrighty then, good enough for me really.
Thanks fellas.

Time to get mad at video games!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm really enjoying Returnal but good lord it brings my 970 to its drat knees begging for mercy.

I think I'm done buying new releases until I can afford to upgrade my GPU. :saddowns:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Fireteam Elite is about as good solo as any other L4D clone.

That is to say not very.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jack Trades posted:

There's plenty of average joes that are still discovering the slow dopamine drip feed of a roguelite metaprogression system.

There was this one boomer shooter not too long ago, I don't remember what it was called but you were playing as a patient in an asylum, that people were raving about, despite it using the worst loving mechanics of the roguelite fad, purely because it was those people's first expose to the systems.

Nightmare Reaper!

And it kicked tons of rear end despite not being my first exposure to the systems. :shrug:

The entire system of minigames being the method to unlock skills was completely bonkers(even with the option to skip them!) though, I absolutely agree and think it would've lost nothing to just use a traditional menu.
I also thought that the end game sucked since it involved a lot of secret hunting, switch flipping, and key card hunting in the mazelike procgen levels.

But up until that tedium settled in, I had a friggin blast just cause the guns were great fun to use and the movement was tight.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kibayasu posted:

It’s called Monster Hunter.

Explain

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

sauer kraut posted:

Where does Biomutant land on the Eurojank scale?
I played Elex 1 recently and it was surprisingly okay. Sad to hear about the state of its successor.
The kung fu combo combat is not my thing, looking for decent writing and quest design.

Ooooh boy you are not going to find that in Biomutant. :laugh:

And yeah it's just not even fun to play, combat is brainless and there's a boring loot system tacked on.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

3 bux for Rebel Galaxy Outlaw alone sounds like a steal, was it ultimately any decent as a Freelancer or Privateer fix?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ

:colbert:

It was honestly the most fun that I've had with the franchise since hopping off of Titans in BF2142.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Omi no Kami posted:

I dusted off Budokai Tenkaichi 3 recently, and it reminded me that while I'm not a fighting game guy, I love running around with dumb dragonball characters hurling lasers at each other. Are either Xenoverse 2 or Kakarot remotely like the PS2 arena brawlers, or should I just wait for BT4?

Check out FighterZ, I'm not a fighting game kinda person either and I dug it a lot. It helps that it has the option for simplified combos too.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Shadow of War owns cause you get the ability to fly fuckin dragons pretty drat quick.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, what were people's problems with Wolfenstein TNC compared to TNO? I haven't tried playing it since it came out and I've been thinking of giving it another shot.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mordja posted:

It's a few things. One is that the difficulty is strangely tuned, you only have half your health for about half of the game. You can hold more armor to supposedly compensate though but in practice I remember it making BJ feel annoyingly squishy. Then it's just the general map/game design. The previous games were excellent in letting you mix stealth with balls-to-the-wall action but in TNC, the stealth is a lot harder to maintain thanks to enemy placement and the fact that I think the levels are more linear. For me there was also the fact that Doom 2016 had come out between TNO and TNC, making the latter just feel kind of flat and obsoleted. But at the end of the day, the whole thing's just sort of boring. Like, they made attacking Hitler's Venus Fortress dull and short. I still remember listening to GiantBomb's GOTY and hearing everyone praise the game and absolutely everything good they said about it happened in cutscenes.

E: That said it's *all right* for a single play through, the actual shooting is still good.

That's remarkably about how I remember feeling actually, Doom 2016 totally ruined nu-Wolf for me but I've recently played through The Old Blood and was surprised at how much I dug it up until the wicked dumb boss fight.

Well, we'll see how I feel about it these days now that it's been a minute since I've played 2016 and Wolfenstein's more fresh in my mind, can't wait for daddy issues and wheelchair shootout.

gently caress I wish Wolf '09 was still on Steam. :sigh:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I like to play games like diablo to see numbers go up, monsters go squish good, and to dress up my hunched back witch doctor in swag.

9 times out of 10 I get bored and just roll a new character before I reach level 70 anyways lol so what do I care about the minmax hellscape that is post-endgame ARPGs?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

That can't be right Windows 7 only came out like 5 years ago.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Hollandia posted:

Playing 40k Gladius and remembering that what I really like about 4x / RTS games is the initial stages of discovering the map, building + expanding your base, and fighting the wildlife and neutral enemies. The quests stuff is pretty good too.

Are there any games that focus more on this kind of thing? Building a base and discovery without another 'team' on the map?

Check out all of the Age of Wonders games, if scifi is more your bag then check out AoW: Planetfall.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

If y'all want to play a good anime FPS go play SHOGO Mobile Armor Division.

It's by Monolith, the Blood/No One Lives Forever/FEAR/Shadow of Mordor guys.

And it has totally normal gore!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

when were you when sonic...

was kill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Eason the Fifth posted:

Very early on, when the camera shifts in the hallway into an Oldboy homage that played perfectly , was when I knew the designers knew exactly what they were doing and the game was going to be a treat.

^ Not a plot spoiler but a fun moment better as a surprise

Oh poo poo, this kind of sells me instantly.

Not that the martial arts aspect hadn't already, are there any other games out there that have great hand to hand combat and make you feel like you're in a Bruce Lee flick?