Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

kazil posted:

Small white soapstone is one of the greatest things ever in Dark Souls and it's a shame it's never been seen since

I really liked the bonfire ascetics they had, wish those would turn up again too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Lord Lambeth posted:

I want to mention the one and only FIGHT KNIGHT is on sale right now
https://i.imgur.com/nPo8bQL.mp4

https://store.steampowered.com/app/792120/FIGHT_KNIGHT/

I think it leans into it's silly concept really well.

It looks really fun but the lead dev is a psycho rapist, I wouldn't give them money if you can avoid it. https://twitter.com/rivalerose/status/1444019711662907397

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

I don't play OW so I wouldn't know, but I've never heard people talk about OW2 in that way. If it's just that sort of update and F2P, why would it bring that much ire?

They got rid of getting free boxes of junk for just playing the game, leaving you with their comically overpriced store or nothing.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Feeling major whiplash launching the Payday 3 beta and thinking wow that loaded super fast, impressive, then seeing I need to register an extra account just to play. Ughhhhhh.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

That's a bummer, I've always been a big Commandos fan so their output was totally my jam. I hope everyone working there is able to move forward in a positive way.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Imo it's more moral to pirate starfield than buy it. Bethesda decided it wanted to make extra money by not paying for employees health care and coercing them out of work for being trans, so they don't need any sales money.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Volte posted:

Almost all N64 games were at most 30fps. Ocarina of Time is 20fps. Goldeneye was like 20fps but realistically 10-15fps a lot of the time.

Fzero X is so good and smooth though.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I keep a couple dozen games favorited but otherwise feel like my library is too big to start trying to sort at this point.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

*pops up* did someone say X-COM Apocalypse????

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

teethgrinder posted:

Brilliant game that was slightly under baked

If it wasn't released incomplete with a lot of stuff taken out at the last minute it'd be beloved to this day. I'm very very fond of it.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I'm at 521 wishlisted items, but I really just use it as a way of bookmarking even vague interest in stuff. That said there's a lot of trash on there I need to purge. Several completely dead things that never developed into anything but are asking for money, and things like that. I feel like ahh, it's no big deal, but then I worry that someone might actually gift me one of them and that'd feel really lousy.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Triarii posted:

Yeah, it sucks there too. The game is probably much worse for being built around microtransactions.

It lets you get everything for free just from playing at least, I'm not gonna spend a cent extra on it. The awful anticheat and funky online services are much more irritating, my friend who got the game can't join anybody or be joined and nothing he's tried has fixed it yet.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, I am aware. The joke is "Capcom is charging us money for basic features so we will charge them for basic features." However the joke only works if you believe that is the case in which case why would you continue to play the game that charges you for basic features?

(I mean the obvious answer is "they made a 3 second shitpost and never bothered to think about it again once they realized it wasn't actually the case with the game" but at that point, as I said before, the funnier joke is someone's rear end hanging out for their rush judgment.)

You're really overthinking it.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

goferchan posted:

Yah man that's definitely why

He doesn't believe statutory rape is a thing, he's definitely a brain damaged psychopath detached from reality.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Chadzok posted:

ok so I looked into this because, hell, what else I got to do. and what it seemed like to me from the stupid two year old reddit chain is that he'd actually never heard the term before and reacted, perhaps caught offguard by his ignorance, perhaps just because he holds some silly opinions, with the dumb but not truly cursed position of 'sometimes it's consensual and sometimes it's very wrong'.

So I would say ignorant and probably posts too much but "brain damaged psychopath detached from reality" doesn't seem like the most rational conclusion. let's go even further in this year of our lord 2024 and say that plenty of psychopaths are just fairly normal people in the umbrella of neurodiversity and let's stop giving them shade.

Consensual sex with children isn't possible and it's an incredibly cursed position to ever take.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Chadzok posted:

I don't understand why I have to take someone's word for it that a game dev is a chud or a psycho or whatever eithout looking into what they actually said. yes this entire conversation is loving stupid but so is absolutely all of the internet. can we not rake my gentle inquisitive soul over the coals please

You said that thinking sometimes child rape is consensual and sometimes it's very wrong is a "silly opinion".

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

For everyone else this is the dev's posts in question;
https://web.archive.org/web/2021061...wwdr/?context=3

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are there any actual good pinball games?

Is it just that pinball fx game that people play?

Visual Pinball X in VR has been pretty much all I touch and I'm very pleased with it. Also free!

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

deep dish peat moss posted:

iirc they didn't make the game they already had. They bought out the devs and gave the IP to a different team to make the sequel.

Yeah they handed it off to the planetary annihilation/monday night combat people. No relation to ksp1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

With The Force Engine, a free Dark Forces source port, the paid remaster makes absolutely no sense to me tbh, it doesn't offer anything compelling to me over the free option.