Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its ok to play games that don't make you think very hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I liked when Geralt got drunk with his witcher buds

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Did you have a gun?

Did your neighbor?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

explosivo posted:

Yeah I know it's typically a brawler, my friend was telling me to play Kiwami first but I'm looking to play another turn based thing I think. I just wasn't sure how lost I'd be story-wise.

I started 7 earlier this month. Its basically a new story with new characters. Ive played 0 through 3 and don't see anyone that I recognize. Maybe theres some people in it from the later games, but it doesn't matter. Also I'm running around town giving tissues to people in bathrooms and feeding other people some really spicy kim chi

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I just hit the top 10 ranking in the business game. The big stats you wanna focus on for your Board employees are their command cost and their charisma. Command cost under 10 is nice, but you can kind of get away with someone that has over 10 if their charisma stat is really high since you can slam the apology button to refill at least some (or all) of your bar. The tenacity stat is kinda pointless, just don't gently caress up the colors game

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

ymgve posted:

Would be an acceptable solution if pirates didn’t stop releasing updates after the first couple patches

This is not really true

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Weedle posted:

this is also why yakuza is good

I'll have you know that a chimp operating an excavator is a very serious situation

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Game needs a lot more work

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I mean, they also have to make the combat accessible for kids since its a harry potter game.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I'm going to have fun blasting dudes with magic

in fantasy China

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I beat the first videogame of the year, a *checks notes* almost 7 year old game, Opus: The Day We Found Earth

It was very good , I would suggest waiting for a sale because it's only a few hours long, around 5? and it's technically missing 2 DLC from the mobile version

I liked Opus:echo of starsong by the same devs, though theres some stupid event style stuff that can just end the game early while traveling around which is bad. I'd still recommend it on sale though

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

No

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Hes just big adamantium boned

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

C'mon man, wtf is this

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

its like every time people mention that the cannibals in the original arent hostile by default and tons of folks are like "whaaaaaaat but i hit them with my axe on reflex"

I think they get mad if they see you cutting down trees though, which you kind of have to do if you want to build anything

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Phantom Brigade is out. Anyone tried it yet?

I'm a bit apprehensive about buying it because the performance was so god awful in the demo.

I just played the tutorial and it seems to run fine at 60 fps, but GPU usage is definitely at or close to 100 a lot of the time with an undervolted 3080. GPU temp is around 70 or so. The dev posting in the steam forum is saying that its so heavy on the GPU because of all the destructible environments.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Actually, performance is better for me than I thought. The in game v sync was causing the frame cap to not work. Turning v sync off in game gives me much more reasonable GPU usage.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i guess they are gonna nerf missiles so i'm done with the game until that patch.

Seems kinda odd, are they saying that they're just too strong for the player? I guess the AI isn't really gonna dash or take cover to avoid them like the player would

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

redreader posted:

Has anyone got any ideas why my PC, which is fairly beefy and connected to Ethernet, and my MacBook pro which I stream games to from my PC, also wired via Ethernet on the same local network, sometimes get connection issues when streaming games using steam? Neither of them are doing anything else at the same time.

Try uninstalling video drivers using ddu and then reinstall them? Maybe try running steam in admin mode? Try using old big picture mode? I dunno, its hard to tell.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Yakuza cutscenes are part of why the series is great imo

Get fuckin hyped when the shirts start flying off, exposing their tattoos

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Looks interesting enough. I do wonder how shallow the combat is gonna be though

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

lol, apparently someone at EA hosed up and uploaded the latest Wild Hearts patch with an exe that didn't have denuvo

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

It would be nice if the new jedi game had better level design too, I didn't hate the ones in the first game like some others did but they could definitely be improved

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I don't think theres been much on Avowed. Its probably gonna be at least a year+ until that gets released

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I mean, you do switch between at least 2 different primary weapons in everspace 2 that have different effective ranges and cooldown meters, and also use missiles and your 2 abilities bound to the 1 and 2 keys...

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Which of the swappable special powers do people like for Everspace 2? I purchased the corrosion one but it never seems to charge up enough so I haven't bothered upgrading it. I've been kinda stingy with upgrading those in general.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

FrickenMoron posted:

My Everspace 2 game came to a crashing halt when the story progress forced me into an Ancient Rift at Ceto. I tried to complete this 5 times now and the game just locks up eventually randomly. Sometimes in Wave 1, sometimes Wave 2, sometimes Wave 3. But I can never finish it. No crash, just locked up with no response and I have to manually exit the game process. Big bummer since I wanted to finish it this week.

Does it crash when things are exploding or is just kinda random? I was getting a crash during a story mission where lots of okkar would spawn in and I would just make them all explode at once with the flak gun and it would cause my game to freeze. I think running on dx11 might have been the solution though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I love big mandibulae!!!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

secretly best girl posted:

The really dire one is android mobile right now. The chat client absolutely shits the bed if it fails to phone home and just begins locking up until it finally gets a reply.

Yeah, its absolute trash. I've been very confused at certain received messages because sometimes the app will just completely skip messages that have been sent to me but display later ones.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Mr.Acula posted:

I really want to play Jedi Survivor asap but lol if im ever paying full price for launch games anymore

If you think you can finish it in a month, then just do the EA Pro subscription for 15 bucks

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Trucker Hat posted:

Super Mega Baseball 4 coming out on June 2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alFTKIcYsRQ

This is coming out the same day as Street Fighter 6, so I'll probably wait a bit before jumping on, but I love the games this team puts out and having MLB legends is fun.

Hell yeah i freakin love these games

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Upsidads posted:

So there's I guess, a third wasteland?
Is this the coop XCOM I crave?

Its playable in co op but just be aware that they never bothered to fix some of the more egregious multiplayer bugs. Theres one where if the joining player tries to end their combat turn with an empty weapon then they just...can't end their turn.

I've still managed to get through the whole game in co op with a friend though

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Did the performance issues on Wo Long ever get fixed up? Thinking of picking it up during a sale.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I usually just disable steam input for desktop config if I know thats gonna mess up a game. You do have to restart steam in order to turn it back on again, which is mildly annoying.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

BG3 is a sequel to a popular pc game series being done by a dev that has put out relatively popular games and is also a Dungeons and Dragons rpg.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

If you liked JA2, then absolutely yes

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Has there been any news on a release date for space marine 2? Seems like its likely to be pushed into next year if they havent released a date for 2023 yet

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Speaking of frame rates, I just looked at Alan Wake 2's recommended specs and holy poo poo. I guess its supposed to look amazing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

kazil posted:

Alan Wake 2 being rated well is good and it's only $50 when a lot of games these days are $60-70 so that's good. The PC requirements are bad, though, and the Epic exclusivity isn't great either.

I picked it up off green man since there was a voucher I could use that brought it down to 41 bucks. I guess I lose out if I somehow wanted to refund it though.