Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

woke kaczynski posted:

Thank you!! Apparently I did put this on my wishlist but it got buried by the 500 other vaguely interesting games I threw on there so I didn't forget about them forever

Also I got Cult of the Lamb in the sale and...I'm pretty underwhelmed so far honestly! I played for maybe 4-5 hours and only died a couple times, but the whole experience feels like less than the sum of its parts. I'm playing on the suggested difficulty and thinking maybe I should bump it up because it hasn't felt really challenging so far, just kind of stressful and rushed, but I don't know if a higher difficulty would actually balance that out. I know it made a big splash and I've seen it on multiple GoTY lists so I'm open to the idea I'm missing something.

CotL was a great weekend game for me. Blasted through the whole thing and enjoyed it, but I dont really have a desire to go back unless they release DLC or something for it. Its extremely easy so def up the difficulty if you think you can handle it

wouldnt say its GotY material, but i think its a perfectly fine little game that doesnt have much legs to it

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

cowcaster is right

it's not a souls game

not sure what the confusion is all about

Sekiro doesnt have stamina and, thus, is not a Souls game

simple as

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the best debates in gaming are is cuphead racist, should dark souls have an easy mode, is titty armor sexist, and does playing counter strike make you complicit in war crimes

Silent Hill 2 is entirely about male circumcision

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

JollyBoyJohn posted:

whats the best platformer? (on pc) I really liked the Rayman games but I haven't played anything new from the past decade or so

Death Stranding

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Homefront is perfectly mediocre and Saints Row 4 isnt bad

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Resdfru posted:

It's a pointless debate anyway. Harry Potter is the 8th highest grossing media property ever. It's gonna sell a gently caress load and nothing anyone says is gonna change that

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Paw Patrol is more successful than Halo, lol

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i thought Witcher combat was fun but mostly serviceable. I mainly went into alchemy so it was more about balancing how much poison Geralt can drink and still be functional versus the combat mechanics themselves. Also, bombs were cool

Never did finish the game tho. Wanted to wait for the new update to start a new playthrough but it looks like its a bit borked so I wanna wait a little bit longer for hotfixes

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

im glad Control added the customizable difficulty options. I never used them but a lot of ppl clearly did not enjoy the default difficulty and im glad they got to make the game more fun for themselves

Very excited for Control 2. Have they said anything about it yet? Is it supposed to come out this year?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

forgot about Alan Wake 2. I played the first one like 2 years ago and thought it was pretty fun, if bare-bones. Def looking forward to what they do for a sequel.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You idiot. The best part of these games is starting a new character. I have 820 hours in Skyrim and I've never made it past learning the first shout. You absolute moron.

actually, the real Skyrim is spending 15 hours installing and troubleshooting 150+ mods and then uninstalling the game after 20 minutes

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Tiny Timbs posted:

monkey island, captain claw, and what else?

Sid Meier's Pirates!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

hurrrrr ubisoft bad

thread title

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

ubisoft trying to be edgy was really funny, does anyone remember the marketing for canceled project Rainbow 6 Patriots

is that the one where the villains are BLM or is it a different one?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

turns out the politics of the government murder squad games are kinda hosed up

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

further evidence that Cruelty Squad owns

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Rinkles posted:

If I ever pick one up in a sale, which should I get?

Wildlands, obviously

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

lordfrikk posted:

Thank you for all the answers re: Metal Gear Solid :tipshat: What about Metal Gear, is it necessary to play first?

i would skip the Metal Gear games and go straight into Metal Gear Solid unless you really want to see how the series started

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i should try (Metal Gear) Acid again. Bounced hard off of it when it came out cause i was a dumb kid that wanted "real" Metal Gear and not some turn-based bs. Nowadays, I might be able to better appreciate it. I bet it emulates well

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

ughhhh posted:

drat, was hoping there was just some option within steam that I was missing. Will try those out thanks!

you can sort steam games by install size in the client itself

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

victrix posted:

play mgs1/2/3/4/5 because they're cool and fun

you don't need to play MG nes games or any of the portable crap to enjoy the whole shebang

there is a decent amount of story that leads right from peacewalker into mgs5, but you can look up a summary of that, if you were going to play them all in a row, going from mgs 3/4 to PW instead of 5 would suck rear end

Peace Walker is great and I wouldnt skip it if I were doing a series playthrough. Ya, its a portable game, but they packed a lot of new and cool ideas that would return in full-force for V

Going 3->PW->V would be pretty good, if one were willing to dedicate the time

man nurse posted:

I wish so badly I could play these again on something that isn’t a PSP

does it not emulate well with PPSSPP?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i liked Survive but I also played it at the same time as my other friends and we had fun with the coop

it would be a lovely MGS game if played solo

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Serephina posted:

That sounds like a terrible game all around. I know you guys are reminiscing about it, but seriously.

its not that hard to enjoy a terrible game. I mean, look at how popular Blizzard games are

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

its to screw in an optional joystick i assume

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Forjoken

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

you want to go to chess.gov instead

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

cant believe not a single npc stopped to talk about what a great rack my character has

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

u should play anime games

im replaying Disco Elysium right now. Does that count?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

pentyne posted:

The Verge review is semi-positive about the game as an idea but even makes it seem like they ended up rushing Forspoken out the door, just a insanely detailed and complex combat system that boils down to "run in circle, spam the element enemy is weak to" and the last 'boss' is basically just a playable cutscene.

"Game seems unfinished, it's my GOTY" lol

why are they complaining about missing polish, isnt that one of the preorder bonuses?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

zoux posted:

Satisfactory has an arachnophobia mode that turns a type of enemy that is spiderish into a cat. Any other games have no spider modes? Thinking about it, spiders are probably the most common video game enemy? Top five for sure.

Evil West has an arachnophobia toggle. Havent used it, but there are a couple scenes in the game where go through through a large spider nest and theres countless fist-sized spiders everywhere

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

I played Dead Space when it first came out and didnt get very far because it was too scary for me.

I played through Dead Space 1 and 2 a bit over a year ago and had a blast with both of them. The gameplay holds up remarkably well for how old they are and they both still look pretty good.

That being said, Im not in any rush to get the remake because it looks to scary for me. Gotta wait till i get a little more dead inside before taking up the new one

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hasn't the original dead space pc version been completely busted for at least a decade, now?

its not too bad. Out-of-the-box, it has major issues with vsync and mouse aiming, but there is a fan patch that completely solves those issues and makes it perfectly playable by 2023 standards imo

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

big cummers ONLY posted:

How is Dishonored 1? I need to get two of the wolfensteins but I don't need anything else there

Dishonored 1 is great. Dont worry about getting the "bad" ending and go nuts summoning rats everywhere

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

slapping a 4x acog scope on my cock and balls to help with sway and prevent scope glare

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Ulio posted:

I played the first one a long time ago but I don't know something didn't click. Do you have to grind in it? I know its heavily loot based.

Borderlands is a terrible game series and should be avoided at all costs

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Risk of Rain 2

this is my rec as well

Sab669 posted:

I've been having a ton of fun with Deep Rock Galactic lately. Coop class based FPS with a good array of Difficulty options depending on your mood and skill level.

It's a little grindy in the sense that there are a lot of weapons to unlock for each class, but it's super fun so it doesn't feel like a chore or anything.

this is also extremely good

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Chainclaw posted:

Atomic Heart comes out tomorrow, and I wanted to play it, but the Russian ties seem kind of gross and shady. Anyone have any details on those? The most I've found was a Eurogamer article that's swayed me away from playing it for the moment.

just play it on GamePass so youre money goes to the Epstein pedo instead of Russian oligarchs

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

In Nioh you could easily just sell/dismantle/donate every piece of look that wasn't Purple of Green and be perfectly fine while at the same time not having to bother with too much loot.

having to sell/dismantle/donate every piece of loot that wasnt purple or green after every mission was a massive waste of time and really hosed with the flow of the game for me. Just needless tedious busywork. Definitely would prefer a version of Nioh with non-randomized loot that was handed out as rewards for each mission and found in interesting places in the missions themselves

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

But it's like, 4 button presses?

Sell, All, Under Purple Rarity, Accept.

even with you defending it, youre suggesting to basically ignore the system entirely. Its a poo poo system that drags the game down, but thats how i feel with literally every game with randomized loot. Im so sick of it

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

im just frustrated cause I really wanted to like Nioh 2, but I had to put it down cause I was too annoyed with the mountains of useless loot it gives you

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

SoR Blaze posted:

Have a code for DooM2, if anyone somehow doesn't already have it. Got it in the fanatical bundle as a mystery game. If you enjoy a good FPS, this is my all time favorite and an absolute classic of the genre that has aged extremely well. Play it in gzdoom for proper mouse look and get ready to have a never-ending stream of great levels created by the community for nearly 30 years.

If you've never played it with the doomrl arsenal mod, that's highly recommended as is the zeta-dimensional shopping system for persistent credits and unlocks across different wads. I cannot recommend this enough if you've never done it, and have plenty of other mod suggestions if you're interested(not just Brutal DooM because I'm not a basic bitch)

Key below:

QBCF4-T7RGX-V3XLY

snagged thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

FuzzySlippers posted:

What are some fun stylish slowmo action games (newer than Max Payne)? I played through My Friend Pedro I had from some old bundle and had a blast. I liked that I could just do stuff that looks cool while being terrible at the game.

Severed Steel owns. It's like a mix between Hotline Miami and FEAR:
https://i.imgur.com/nfWQX5Z.mp4

also, play FEAR if you havent yet. It still holds up wonderfully in TTYOOL 2023:
https://i.imgur.com/ETQJSOF.mp4