Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
It's such a bummer that a fantastic game like Prey didn't sell well enough and they felt like they had to go in such a different direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Is there a good beginners guide for elden ring from the perspective of someone who has never played a souls game or even watched a video on them? Or do I just go for it.

I bought into the hype and got elden ring.
For me, the key to "getting" and enjoying Elden Ring/Souls games is realizing that you don't really lose anything when you die. You keep all items you've picked up, all shortcuts you unlocked remain open, etc. You just lose some of the temporary currency which you get for defeating enemies. Once that fact set in I was no longer intimidated.

I'd personally just go into the game blind. There are tutorial messages that spell out all the major concepts and controls, and nudging forward while trying to figure stuff out and experiment with your playstyle is a big part of the appeal.

If anything is particularly difficult to grasp I'm sure the Elden Ring thread would love to hear from a new player.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Humble support posted this on Twitter:

quote:

Due to the overwhelming popularity of the WB100: Play the Legends bundle, we have temporarily suspended sales while we work to restock keys, and hope to be able to bring the bundle back on sale soon. Thank you for your patience, support, and enthusiasm for this bundle.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

GrandpaPants posted:

How does Grim Dawn play with a controller?
I was just testing this today. If you've played Diablo with a controller it's not too far off. The new dodge is even mapped to the same button (B on Xbox). In some ways it improves the experience because you can highlight interactive stuff from far away by just looking towards it.

When you pull up your inventory or skill page a mouse cursor pops up, which you control with the analog stick. That feels a little fiddly. I prefer when a game highlights one option and lets you move that highlight around on a grid.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Substandard posted:

Yeah my ultimate problem is that I don't like Total War much but I like Warhammer Fantasy and with the big campaign map and all the factions it's the best experience available even if I wish they did basically anything else for the battles.
I'm with you. The actual battles in Total War never clicked with me. I love the concept, the spectacle, and lining everyone up. But once things get going it all feels like nonsense. Not in a good way where things break apart in fun chaos, but in a "did the game actually recognize my command?" way.

It might be worth trying one of those mods where you hand your troops over to a computer general and watch everything unfold.