Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Death Must Die seems like a fun little game - Vampire Survivors meets Hades.

Only 10% off but worth the $6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
This is a fun survivorslike where you have to play some inventory tetris between rounds. A little annoying to manage the inventory with controller though.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2342950/God_Of_Weapons/

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Tenebrous Tourist posted:

I picked up Midnight Suns along with the DLC from Fanatical ($26 all together) after seeing people here talk about it and this game is extremely my poo poo. I find myself enjoying the home base/friendship stuff even more than the missions, although the combat is very fun.

Question about it, is there a reason NOT to take the Hunter on every mission? It seems like you miss out on friendship time if you don’t. And the game says that it auto-levels lower-level heroes if they fall behind, so it’s not like I need to grind with everyone equally, right?

Correct, you’ll be taking Hunter like 95% of the time. They are one of the best characters in the game and you’ll want the affinity anyway.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I've been sort of obsessed with this survivorlike over the past few days:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2218750/Halls_of_Torment/

It has fun powers, pretty diverse characters, and loot! It presses all the right dopamine buttons. Slows down a bit towards the end of a run on Steam Deck.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Kragger99 posted:

Yup, I really like that game.

I also have been playing this one, and it ruins great on the deck: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1918040/Army_of_Ruin/

Only 10% off currently though.

Thanks, purchased! This was already on my wish list.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I think Brotato is kind of boring.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Random question but does anyone know if Josh Sawyer (Ropekid) is working on Avowed? Doesn't look like he is.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is there a list of these mods somewhere?

Also got it, thank you for the votes, Grim Dawn it is!

I don't know when it's coming out but Grim Dawn is getting an expansion soon-ish. I'm going to run through it again when it does. Great game. Too bad it doesn't look great graphically.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Eason the Fifth posted:

Helldivers 2 is great. The mixed reviews are due to matchmaking issues but I'm playing with friends and haven't run into anything terrible. The transition to 3rd person shooter really works. Still feels like Helldivers but there's also shades of Deeprock, Risk of Rain 2, and even XCOM. Really recommend it.

I was playing with a friend and we had a couple disconnects. Including the last match of the night when we both got kicked out, towards the end of the match.

It is good, wholesome fun though.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

its fun! definitely NOT $70 AAAA fun, but it's an enjoyable sailing and arcade naval combat game! definitely one to grab at half price

Yeah I played the closed beta and agree with this. The game isn’t garbage. But definitely not a $60 or $70 game.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Manor Lords is one dude?

Like, how? Extremely impressive.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone playing No Rest For The Wicked? There’s an item in the ship during the prologue I didn’t figure out how to get. Probably not worth replaying for it but it bugged me.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Well, the combat is slow and considered so far. The fact that I've only found a claymore adds to that feeling I'm sure. Successfully parrying is difficult.

The art style is great.

Performance has been fine - looks like DLSS will be in but can't enable yet.

Equipment is very souls-like. Bonfire checkpoint is souls-like.

I don't like that I'm getting resources that I can't use like ore and wood.

I hope there's a respec but I suspect there isn't.

I don't like that my resource tools have durability.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 18, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

aas Bandit posted:

Re: No Rest For The Wicked, I thought the art was gorgeous and the first real area (beach) seemed well-designed and interesting and cool to explore.
Everything else ranged from meh to weird to annoying:

Anyway, I'm refunding--it just felt like a chore to play and I wasn't enjoying it.

All valid complaints imo. I'm still enjoying it though.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Anyone play Ghost of Tsushima? How's the performance?

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Oh, evidently it IS Nixxes so the port should be good.