Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Dackel posted:

Steam is Epic

These are actually different things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Resdfru posted:

Is jedi fallen order super hard and stuff? It's tagged souls like and I don't know if that means 'it's hard and you have to die a bunch of times' or something else
I'm a filthy casual and I played it on normal and it was fine for a game that involves timing based combat.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

This one was free on EPIC the week of Christmas, maybe I'll check it out.

I don't have a contribution because I don't buy games!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

The last few games I've played I've preferred to walk/drive/ride and don't fast travel very often. I'm a completionist and I want to find those "in betweens" and random encounters. I don't care how people play their games though, and devs giving more options is better. If it's an option and you can't rely on your self restraint or need everyone else to obey your purity clause that's clearly a 'you' thing. Note: I am not addressing anyone in this post

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I feel like the Hogwarts game should be a lesson to many for how you should advertise a product. It's been in my face for weeks and now it's the top seller on Steam and it's not even out yet.

I'd probably check it out if I could ensure that the transphobic dipshit wasn't getting any royalties.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

kazil posted:

gently caress Moby Dick, leave the whale alone rear end in a top hat

I can't imagine I'm going to get any satisfaction from that.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

zoux posted:

Desperately searching the web to find out if Andrzej Sapkowski has ever said anything bigoted

Did you find anything?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Since we're talking about bad combat.

Control.
I could not get into Control. The world is so bland and colorless for me to want to puzzle my way through it and the only combat I could enjoy was throwing desks at people and it became fairly uninteresting.

But I have bad opinions, I couldn't get into Returnal either.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

As the person who originally made the comment about the association in this thread, I think it goes a bit deeper than that. Considering her name is on the tip of anyone's tongue in answer to the question, "Who is the most harmful transphobic celebrity icon in the world?".

She is responsible for a lot of pain, suffering and death in this world, and not just to those that surround her.

But feel free to keep downplaying it like we shouldn't ever give a poo poo what creators are doing when they're not creating.

gently caress Rowling and anything she's associated with.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I liked the combat in Control. I advise playing the game like a normal person
I tried using the gun/s and it was even more boring.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Flimf posted:

I can't believe a giant company would change their plans on some of their potential products.

I am in constant shock 24/7 of my life that said company would keep making the kind of product people keep buying.

I come here to have these life changing revelations. Thanks The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Steam Thread: Creating a Tag for "Never Played"

This is a weirdly aggressive response to some pretty basic gaming news.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Is that screw supposed to be missing? It looks like the pad is just going to fall off.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

One thing that bothered me about the Division 2 is they didn't really clarify any ideals behind any of the sides. Not hang-up worthy, though. One of the few good games Ubisoft has made.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Finally listened to goons and tried Tinykin and cannot stop.

Do they ever give you a pollen tracker? I don't know how my OCD is going to handle missing 30 pollen out of 1600 and having no reliable way to find the rest.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

This is exactly the kind of game I want (raised on Wizardry) but not like this...

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

try undernauts
Thanks, I've wishlisted this. Few games will I spend $60 on.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

japanese developers simply understand the truth: people who like old school dungeon crawlers are sex perverts

:|

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Undisputed came out today and immediately shot to #2 on the Steam sales chart, falling short of only TERFwarts.

This is pretty surprising to me. I don't think I've seen this much hullabaloo over a boxing game since Fight Night.

If I'm being honest, I don't know of any boxing games that existed since Fight Night.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Are any of the actual newer/later Wizardry's any good?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Hi-Fi Rush is extremely frustrating, because all of it's separate parts are extremely my poo poo. Overstylized art, musical focus, character action combat. All the good poo poo I love.
I really want to like this game but I'm just not having any fun with it.
It makes me feel bad because I constantly get D timing scores. I can gently caress poo poo up, but I can't do it "right".

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Heran Bago posted:

We beat Minecraft recently
This is a thing?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

ZeusCannon posted:

I don't understand this world

Fascists are all power-bottoms. I'm not kidding.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

:rip: marvel heroes

this still makes me sad/angry and everyone I know who knew it existed shares that feeling

it was ripped away from me and dc universe is still walking around in their garish leotard :mad:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I feel like I should probably pick up Starship Troopers if Killing Floor is one of my favorite games of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I also own and hate Kenshi but my desert island game would definitely be Rimworld (which is 10% off)