Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Persona 3 Portable releases later today.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Kins posted:

[list]
[*]Returnal has been dated for February 15. It'll support DLSS, FSR and NIS, raytraced shadows and reflections, and both ultrawide and super-ultrawide, along with native DualSense support.

Ooh hey that is much sooner than I thought it would be.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wintermutant posted:

Anything more elaborate than a 2600 stick is a gimmick

this is fair.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

sounds like someone never had a gravis gamepad

lmao I use to have this controller.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Internet Explorer posted:

It's a shame that Forspoken looks like it's going to be trash, because I feel like there's room for a game to play as a wizard with spells that actually feel good.

I liked the demo, but yet I still feel uneasy about the game. There are so many red flags, and it feels like its going to turn out the demo was the best slice of the game that Square could put together, and the rest of it is a disaster. It's bad enough that Forspoken shown two years ago, and then what was shown in the demo, is a wildly different game fidelity wise. Like, this is worst than Watch_Dogs E3 footage vs. actual release. Yet the game struggles on even the PlayStation 5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

fingers crossed for dragon's dogma 2.

I don't normally like Capcom titles, but Dragon's Dogma 2 is a game I am positive i'll lose my poo poo over. Unless its development turns out like Deep Down (still waiting).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

explosivo posted:

https://twitter.com/graysonmorley/status/1617523118612045826

Sounds like Forspoken embargo may be lifted and.. yeah.. THAT happened

I really don't get the point the author of this review is trying to make here, or why any of this matters?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sab669 posted:

The 43 GB demo for Forspoken is on steam now, gonna check it out later :shrug: I've heard mixed things about the combat but if I like it I'll probably grab it on sale eventually.

Was just about to post that Forspoken has a demo now on PC. Watching people play it on Twitch this morning, and the critic reviews are way off the mark about the story and dialog.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watch_Dog Legion is on Steam now and is only $12 currently. But that game wasn't good right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ymgve posted:

Every time someone mentions Syndicate 2012 I have to rock out a bit to this track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B82l5Mk4bg

How come EA Games erased this title from the face of the earth?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

While waiting for the next Forza Motorsport to come out, i've been playing Grid Legends, and this is an alright racing game! I just really did not like that certain events had weird requirements before you could enter them. It usually ended up meaning that you needed to grind the same events out. If you go into Grid Legends for the first time and start taking on the career mode, in the difficulty settings, put the event length to 2x or higher. I wish I knew this beforehand.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Last night I finished Homeworld 1 for the first time ever. I loved it so much, the story, music (ESPECIALLY THE MUSIC), and now its time to play Homeworld 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mordja posted:

Don't let other people tell you what to think, just listen to me instead: HW2 is actually the better game even if the story isn't as good.

Yeah and honestly neither are that long of games anyways. So ready for Homeworld 3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sterf posted:

Here are some keys if people want them:

Tribes of Midgard
JHJTD-FF20H-VQK7X

I took Tribes of Midgard, I have heard a lot of good things about this. Thank you :O

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

zoux posted:

Persona, those are the 80% visual novel japanese high school games where you kill yourself to summon a digimon or something?

That is only Persona 3. It's a bit more complicated than that but yeah that is the gist of it. They are based on the Shin Megami Tensei series.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Playing the 10 hour trial of Wild Hearts, and performance is god awful on my PC. ;--; I just barely meet the recommended system specs; i7-8700K, 16GB RAM, RTX 2070.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

explosivo posted:

Yeah I posted my thoughts in the monster hunter thread but it's awful for me as well on a 3080ti/5800X3D. Really not worth burning any more trial time on it tbh because it feels really bad to play right now.

Trying out the first boss, and just in general I think the game isn't for me, so i'm gonna skip buying it. Feels too much like Monster Hunter, which I knew going in, but I was hoping it would change up the formula a bit more then it did. I never really liked Monster Hunter to begin with. Glad for the 10 hour trial to figure this out now rather than after $70 was already spent.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

It also just doesn’t look very good imo.

Yeah I thought maybe I just needed to turn on my monitor, but the game looks significantly downgraded from the promotional videos and screenshots we’ve been shown.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wanted: Dead has a mixed review score on Steam. Is this just Steam users being dumb, or what is the deal?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has anyone else been following Operation Harsh Doorstop? https://store.steampowered.com/app/736590/Operation_Harsh_Doorstop/ strange title name! But this game looks really cool. It is a free to play multiplayer FPS with bots, co-op support, and mods, that is launching tomorrow in early access. They are getting their funding entirely through patreon. So there will be no cash shop, or loot boxes, the entire funding is through donations only. I really like that idea and hope it works out for the devs. I am going to throw $5 their way later today https://www.patreon.com/drakelinglabs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pre-ordered Like a Dragon: Ishin! deluxe edition so I can play this weekend. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Returnal rules and it’s good more people will get to play it, I think it will probably be a lot easier on mouse and keyboard as well.

Can confirm it is much easier on keyboard/mouse. No Haptic feedback makes it easier too; faster response time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MMF Freeway posted:

Hmm I was going to go in with controller since it seemed "right" I guess but maybe I should just do mkb... guess I can just see how hard it really is first (heard mixed things)

Returnal's difficulty is described as extreme or close to impossible, imo. If the game were a person, they would laugh as they kill puppies. The difficult just feels evil at times. Yet the game still manages to be really god drat good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

Every loving UE4 game.

Even UE5 games have this problem apparently. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Inshin combat demo is really cool! That was a good teaser of what to expect tomorrow with the early release of the full game for deluxe pre-orders.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ishin! is really good! But the stutter issues during cutscenes, and sometimes combat, are super frustrating. I wish I understood what is going on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

explosivo posted:

I think I'm good on Midnight Suns.. the combat is pretty fun but I do not like the social stuff at all. Kinda just made me want to reinstall X-Com 2 tbh.

What I really liked about Midnight Suns was that I could go at my own pace, do randomly generated missions, and continue the story when I felt like. I wish X-Com 2 was like that, the game rushes you way to hard, it discouraged me from wanting to do multiple playthroughs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like friendship building in games because no one will be my friend in real life. :sigh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really like the movie Logan. That film was good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What are the thoughts on Company of Heroes 3 for those who have played the beta tests? Going to be a good game hopefully? It comes out finally in a few days.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really want to like Labyrinth of Galleria: The Moon Society, but this quest structure and dungeon design is just not fun at all. :sigh: After reading a lot of opinions online too about how obtuse the game is, and its expectations of the player in order to advance the story, I am going to give up and cut my loses. Seeing a lot of comments about how it basically requires a guide to get through. I thought maybe I was just stupid, and I mean I am, but lots and lots of people saying the same thing. I really like dungeon crawlers, so I was hoping to enjoy this one, but it just is not respectful of the players time at all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wo Long is getting poo poo on really hard on Steam. Is the PC port just completely unplayable garbage or what happened?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Diephoon posted:

fake rear end yakuza gamers out here after all this time

Yeah you would think after like 8+ Yakuza games on steam now telling everyone to buy a controller, this would be a non issue. Glad to know Wo Long is actually fine on pc.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can't put my finger on what it is, but Scars Above just doesn't feel good to play to me personally. Bounced off this game almost instantly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

As an American this feels a little tone deaf

Regardless of how tasteless this is, how is this sim for realism, and accessibility / difficulty? Train Sim World 3 felt stupid in terms of controls, with zero options to just let the player press button and watch train go.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mordja posted:

I really do urge everyone to give this a try. It's one of the most professionally made fan projects I've seen and it breathes new life into a largely forgotten title. The mod and its installation instructions can be found here (it needs a fanpatch) and BFME2+ROTWK are essentially abandonware and have been hosted on GameReplays for more than half a decade so I doubt you'll have EA's lawyers knocking your door down.

Many thank yous for this! I always wanted to play this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So I guess Dark and Darker got removed from Steam for now? Apparently the devs were former Nexon employees who straight up stole all of the code, and art assets from Nexon before leaving and have used all of it in Dark and Darker. Which I mean, it's Nexon, so good on them. :shrug: I hope the game is able to come back because it is legitimately really god drat good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Destiny 2 loving sucks. Agreed that the guns feel really great, but everything else about D2 is terrible. I don't understand any of the appeal to the game at all but I have online friends who have made Destiny 2 their entire personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sab669 posted:

I don't know how they could possibly expect to get away with it if Nexon's claims are actually substantiated.

Looking at the screenshot comparisons, it seems pretty clear cut that Nexon's claims are legitimate. This will probably kill Dark and Darker permanently, which is a shame because it really is a very good game, but there's nothing that can be done about it at the end of the day. Don't steal from other companies.