Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

steem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kerbtree posted:

Any recommendations for good Tower Defense or stuff like Zuma/Sparkle while the sale’s still on?

X-Morph: Defense
Immortal Defense
Creeper World
The Riftbreaker
Atom Zombie Smasher

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what's anime

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

mystes posted:

I really don't understand touhou fandom

the songs are usually p good

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

false

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's not a soulsborne game unless the discourse surrounding it is loving insufferable

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tater_salad posted:

Asking here I asked in discord but the RPG channel isn't well traveled I dont' think.

I'm starting to really bounce off of Trials of Cold Steel. It seems like it's pretty much on rails (I'm through chapter 3).
It seems like there's not much capability to wander around and grind money/xp for teams outside of just resetting a dungeon of the day and killing everything again.
I'm enjoying the story so far but it's starting to feel a bit more on rails than I'd like, if it opens up a little I'll keep chugging through it if not maybe i"ll call it good at 40ish hours in.

Most of Trails is on rails.

I haven't played it myself yet but goons seem to like Crystal Project, and there's a free demo.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Beware the Jobberwok, my son
The bots that hax, the spams that phish

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I think I will worry

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it makes perfect sense that they would tbh

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

skeletronics posted:

I should probably get Obra Dinn some day.

get it today

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hogwarts but it's pronounced with long vowels

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

explosivo posted:

Steam thread, I finished P5R and was thinking about keeping this train rolling and checking out Yakuza Like a Dragon but I've never played a Yakuza game before. I really liked the social stuff and numbers-going-up aspect of P5R but also was surprised with how much I loved the turn based combat. Is Like a Dragon going to scratch a similar itch and also is it going to be okay jumping into this series at Yakuza 7?

Like a Dragon is the first Yakuza with turn-based combat. The mechanics might be a little basic compared to P5R but Yakuza owns :thatsrad:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

LaD focuses on new characters so it's a fine starting point.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gromit posted:

Well, I'm 40 minutes into Outer Wilds and I think I hate it. Flying that ship and visiting ruins on other weird planetoids and the controls are really annoying me. I hate playing first person games with a controller but the flying sections really need it so I'm always swapping between them. This might be my first refund.

soul issue

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Banjos Collected 0/572

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

mah dong lmao

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Tiny Timbs posted:

C&C: Remaster is so incredibly well done. They did such a good job with that. I hope EA can get its head out of its rear end to approve the same treatment for TS and RA2.

and Renegade

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

credburn posted:

Hey what's a good Survivors game? I liked Vampire Survivors a lot and just played through Soulstone Survivors. I gave Brotato a shot and I like it but it doesn't have enough meta progression for me.

does Nova Drift count

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

is kovarex also the one who used to whine about cancel culture

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Could I be any more forspoken?!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Do zoomers like that type of writing maybe and all of us are just too old for it?

cuff is sus

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tag urself

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

16 hours...what's the shortest "open world" game you've seen guys? I guess technically No More Heroes at 13.5 and Brutal Legend at 12 were my shortest OW games.

A Short Hike

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The 7th Guest posted:

it's fair to analyze the portrayal of the black protagonist in a game whose developers said they worked hard to give her a "hip-hoppy kind of walk". that review is not a great analysis, but someone will do a much better job of it

is it perhaps an exaggerated swagger

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mario was already an isekai

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

play Deep Rock Galactic

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I can't not play a videogame

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hi-Fi Rush grades you on three metrics after each fight, so I can't play until I know how to get A/S/S every time

e: actually I do, I do know how to get A/S/S, I get it without even trying sometimes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how was it decided that S should be a higher grade than A anyway

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

also the loading screen is a robot cat farting music

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ymgve posted:

There's still time to screw up the PC version, which isn't released yet (I think)

sorry everyone, I took the PC Dead Space gold master into the bathroom, and I accidentally pooed on it, and now they have to replace Isaac Clarke with Frey Holland and the talking guns from High on Life

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 27, 2023

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Chunki BU men hozir qila oladigan narsadir

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao at misreading it as 'inherently slutty game' :allears:

Fallout 69

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I haven't been able to buy any adult videogames since I moved to Neptune :smith:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

not until I'm 2,968

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Okami owns :shittydog:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

AfricanBootyShine posted:

What are the most graphically demanding games with stylized/unique art direction?

The standards (Cyberpunk 2077, Control, Metro Exodus) don't really do anything for me-- and I think it's because they're all going for cinematic realism with different color palettes. I'm curious if there's a video game equivalent of Into the Spider-Verse - that pushes current tech in a way that isn't just about repeating what's come before.

Hyper Demon
Hi-Fi Rush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005