Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Does the BTAS box set include the New Batman Adventures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Does the BTAS box set include the New Batman Adventures?

Yes

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well apparently Jason Pearson died back in December with it only being announced about an hour ago on his Facebook page, it's a shame cause on the one hand he was incredibly skilled at drawing but on the other his lack of work ethic was legendary even by the incredibly low standards of the American comic book industry

Also kind of pissed cause this means I'm forever screwed out of the 60 bucks I gave him back in 2015 when he did a Kickstarter for a new volume of Body Bags comics and then proceeded to do jack poo poo for it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

drrockso20 posted:

Well apparently Jason Pearson died back in December with it only being announced about an hour ago on his Facebook page, it's a shame cause on the one hand he was incredibly skilled at drawing but on the other his lack of work ethic was legendary even by the incredibly low standards of the American comic book industry

Also kind of pissed cause this means I'm forever screwed out of the 60 bucks I gave him back in 2015 when he did a Kickstarter for a new volume of Body Bags comics and then proceeded to do jack poo poo for it

Not to get too gallows humor, but announcing his death a month late seems way too on the nose.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just read the "Alicia Masters is a SKRULL! And she's PRREGANTE! issues of FF from back in the day and... man do they suck. I don't remember early 1990s Marvel being so dour but I guess it mostly was.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I just read the "Alicia Masters is a SKRULL! And she's PRREGANTE! issues of FF from back in the day and... man do they suck. I don't remember early 1990s Marvel being so dour but I guess it mostly was.

The DeFalco run was not good. But after it you have Heroes Reborn which has good art since it's Jim Lee and a crappy story. Then first couple of issues of the relaunch which might as well not count and then Chris Claremont takes over. So you've got some real treats in store. Like Halloween candy with razor blades in them.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Not to get too gallows humor, but announcing his death a month late seems way too on the nose.

He was used to being called the late Jason Pierson.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Random Stranger posted:

The DeFalco run was not good. But after it you have Heroes Reborn which has good art since it's Jim Lee and a crappy story. Then first couple of issues of the relaunch which might as well not count and then Chris Claremont takes over. So you've got some real treats in store. Like Halloween candy with razor blades in them.

Doesn't Heroes Reborn have some incredibly infamously bad art? Like Captain America and his weird bulgey chest bad art? I seem to remember another artist who's name starts with L being more well known for Heroes Reborn than Lee.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RevKrule posted:

Doesn't Heroes Reborn have some incredibly infamously bad art? Like Captain America and his weird bulgey chest bad art? I seem to remember another artist who's name starts with L being more well known for Heroes Reborn than Lee.

Eww Larsen?

e: Is there a good (read: not loving expensive as gently caress) source for back issues of American comic books shipping in the EU? I seem to be missing some issues in between.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Eww Larsen?

e: Is there a good (read: not loving expensive as gently caress) source for back issues of American comic books shipping in the EU? I seem to be missing some issues in between.

lol Leifeld. Larsen is good and one of my favorite Spider-Man artists

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Soonmot posted:

lol Leifeld. Larsen is good and one of my favorite Spider-Man artists

It was a joke. When I first bumped into Larsen's Spider-Man back in the day I thought "this guy tries to be McFarlane even though he draws in a completely different style". I was not impressed.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

RevKrule posted:

I don't know what you're talking about this is 100% medically accurate

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Larsen is a fantastic cartoonist, very creative and ambitious. His early Savage Dragon run is top tier work, and honestly those first 100 or so issues held up pretty good when I read them five years ago.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I think Heroes Reborn was also going on when Marvel published the Captain America cover of his with the floating face and disembodied forearm.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RevKrule posted:

I think Heroes Reborn was also going on when Marvel published the Captain America cover of his with the floating face and disembodied forearm.

tbf this is actually what happens in the comic

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I gots to know...what is the deal with Steve having a lady's face on his leg?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

I gots to know...what is the deal with Steve having a lady's face on his leg?

It's his "wife's" face that Fury takes off to reveal she's an LMD.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

It's his "wife's" face that Fury takes off to reveal she's an LMD.

You would have thought Cap would know something is wrong by the fact that his wife has two right hands.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

RevKrule posted:

Everyone is enjoying the Cap stuff, but Heroes Reborn was four different ongoing rebooted series that wound up lasting a year. They were definitely intended to be the new ongoing status quo when they started but that plan changed. It was Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Captain America, and Avengers and the most readable of those (a very low bar) was FF.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
From my understanding it was also a big deal because Marvel farmed out those title's artwork to some Image guys (Liefeld, Lee) and it was supposed to be a big deal.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Random Stranger posted:

Everyone is enjoying the Cap stuff, but Heroes Reborn was four different ongoing rebooted series that wound up lasting a year. They were definitely intended to be the new ongoing status quo when they started but that plan changed. It was Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Captain America, and Avengers and the most readable of those (a very low bar) was FF.
It lasted a year and had Lee and Liefeld working on it? That's what, 3 issues for each book in that time?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

RevKrule posted:

It lasted a year and had Lee and Liefeld working on it? That's what, 3 issues for each book in that time?

They actually all made it 13 issues! I believe this also involved firing Lee and/or Liefeld and getting other creators on the books.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

They actually all made it 13 issues! I believe this also involved firing Lee and/or Liefeld and getting other creators on the books.

Linfield got bumped at issue 4. Lee lasted until 6

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Madkal posted:

From my understanding it was also a big deal because Marvel farmed out those title's artwork to some Image guys (Liefeld, Lee) and it was supposed to be a big deal.

Yeah it was a huge deal at the time for us comic nerds. The great image migration was super exciting, and the big guns coming to an agreement years later to come back to marvel was awesome too. Gave me (unwarranted) hope that McFarlane would go back to Spider-Man and Jim Lee back to X-Men full time.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Random Stranger posted:

Linfield got bumped at issue 4. Lee lasted until 6

Liefeld then took his unfinished Captain America stuff back to Image/whatever his studio was and did a "totally not a Captain America " Captain America ripoff

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Madkal posted:

Liefeld then took his unfinished Captain America stuff back to Image/whatever his studio was and did a "totally not a Captain America " Captain America ripoff

I mean he started with "Not X-Force", Jim Lee and Mark Silvestri had their "Not X-Men", as good as the book became, Larsen had "Not Hulk" (so did Dale Keown). Even Spawn's chains were suspiciously web looking early on.

Image started as not marvel, it's just that most of the creators expanded while Liefeld was not the writing force he thought he was.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dale Keon absolutely had a “not hulk”, but savage dragon wasn’t hulk.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The only real commonality between Dragon and Hulk is skin color, and sadly of all people with the same skin color seem the same….

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jordan7hm posted:

Dale Keon absolutely had a “not hulk”, but savage dragon wasn’t hulk.

Joe Fisto posted:

The only real commonality between Dragon and Hulk is skin color, and sadly of all people with the same skin color seem the same….

I guess I was stretching on that one.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Medullah posted:

I guess I was stretching on that one.

in your defense, so was peter david

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Medullah posted:

I mean he started with "Not X-Force", Jim Lee and Mark Silvestri had their "Not X-Men", as good as the book became, Larsen had "Not Hulk" (so did Dale Keown). Even Spawn's chains were suspiciously web looking early on.

Image started as not marvel, it's just that most of the creators expanded while Liefeld was not the writing force he thought he was.

Yeah, but Liefeld's Fighting American was literally just changing the costume on pages he'd already drawn for Captain America

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All superheroes are just sparkling Phantom.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

IIRC, Heroes Reborn wasn’t just Marvel farming the artwork for those books to Lee/Liefeld - their studios were in complete control over them. WildStorm and Extreme were writing them, too, and it showed. At least, until Marvel cancelled its deal with Extreme and shunted Cap/Avengers over to WildStorm for the back half of the experiment.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/Java_jigga/status/1616526450315915265?s=20&t=6nzPTfqH1xWvbkItUGKCkA

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

To be fair those kind of boots are basically a super stylized version of real world riding boots

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So for digital comics what are the options other than Amazon? Because it turns out Marvel Unlimited isn't available to me, Ms.Egg tried to buy it for me as a anniversary present and it explicitly said no Canucks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So for digital comics what are the options other than Amazon? Because it turns out Marvel Unlimited isn't available to me, Ms.Egg tried to buy it for me as a anniversary present and it explicitly said no Canucks.

You're looking at the wrong thing again, Marvel Unlimited is absolutely available in Canada and has been for years

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Opopanax posted:

You're looking at the wrong thing again, Marvel Unlimited is absolutely available in Canada and has been for years

It is, but you can only gift MU+, not the regular version, so I have to sign up myself

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

For only 225€, you can!

when I were a lad it wasn't uncommon to turn down your Nokias. No idea why :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Maybe your local library? I haven't really looked at mine, but people have said they "check out" digital comics on theirs.