Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Oh gently caress, that actually released?! Does that make it the first Rider license from... Titan? to show up on shelves? I know they also announced they were going into manga publishing and figured that would land first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I guess nobody local ordered it. Huh. Guess I'll put a Rightstuf alert on it now.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

secretly best girl posted:

I guess nobody local ordered [the Kamen Rider Kuuga manga]. Huh. Guess I'll put a Rightstuf alert on it now.

Kinda glad this hasn't gone on sale yet as I get forwarded drama over this book's translation and maybe false advertising?? There were deleted tweets from Titan Comics using what might be fansub images.

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1617582297947189248

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1617018510965866496

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I was debating pulling a few webcomics out as an example too.

I've definitely been thinking about how I'm reading less webcomics than I did back in the 2000s and while a) I feel like there probably are just less by volume now, b) I kind of wonder if the issue isn't the bar feeling too high for a lot of first-timers or teens or young folk to want to stick their neck out there in an era of stronger competition and vicious online abuse.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
See the website thing strikes me as less of an issue since a MASS of the early boom was people just getting pre-made sites via Keenspace/Comic Genesis, then Tumblr over time, and now the former is dead and the latter is fallow. I guess there's Webtoon and some similar platforms but it's not as one-click now.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
It legit took me until just now to realize LWaC isn't Blade of the Immortal. I was sitting here going "They have nice hardcovers! I saw them at the store this week!"

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
When Elon bought Twitter I wiped my tweets, set the thing up with links to forward to other sites, and left the account parked with notifications to be sent to a secondary email box in case someone I needed to hear from tried to get in touch there.

Today I got this alert and instantly shivered.

Apparently at some point the site broke in a way that it undeleted retweets. That's neat.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Tosk posted:

I attempted Homestuck a few times way back in the day. I remember reaching a particularly long animation that marked an important point in the story (it was literally so long ago that this is my recollection of whatever it was).

I've been reading more webcomics lately after not doing so for many, many years outside KSBD. Is it worth it to go through Homestuck from start to finish at this point?

In all honesty, and I say this as someone who was on the outside: it might be a better use of time to listen to Homestuck Made This World, a podcast that did a very scholarly examination of the fandom, culture, and comic itself and ended earlier this year. The actual discussion had the fresh host going "God, I can't believe you talked me into this" repeatedly by the end because of what the content has become. The gist I got was "god, no, don't".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Gripweed posted:

When the gently caress is the next volume of Otherworldly Izakaya Nobu coming out?! Volume 10 came out 2 years ago! Japan is like six volumes ahead! Goddamnit! I’m so loving mad about this!

Honestly, looking at Udon's site I wonder if they didn't drop it. It's got only nine hits showing up out of ten volumes, with three sold out and volume 9 MIA entirely.