Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Uthor posted:

Maybe your local library? I haven't really looked at mine, but people have said they "check out" digital comics on theirs.

Hoopla is a library affiliated digital materials lender that has an insanely good collection of comics. At this point the app is way more usable than comixology too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Flex Mentallo, Killing Joke, Year One, and The Incal are the Mt. Rushmore of bad recolors.

at least they went back to the old colors for the Humanoids reissue of The Incal, which looks great. don't think the original colors are in print for any of the other three.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i used to collect some of those big omnibus editions but i stopped when i realize that 90% of the time they're a huge pain in the rear end to actually read

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

yeah if you just start at Marvel Masterworks: Uncanny X-Men Volume 1 and just go forward from there it's pretty digestible. I'm rereading it right now through Hoopla which has all of the collections for free if you've got a library card, absolutely goated comic run.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I found out they stopped publishing Heavy Metal last year. :( I can't help but feel like it's my fault because I didn't buy it. But I really liked knowing it still existed!

didn't Grant Morrison take over as editor in chief or something for a bit? how was their tenure?