Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Had to pause for a bit to hammer through a couple novels by the end of the year, but I’m rereading Klaus at the moment (even if it’s a little late) and then I want to finally do Morrison’s GL now that it’s all done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So from my impression Marvel Unlimited is available in Canada but not Marvel Unlimited +, is that correct

US only

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is there an alternative to Comixology, then?

In what way? Marvel Unlimited + is just Unlimited and you get some discounts and merch, the catalog is still fully available. Same with DC Infinite

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So I'm confused, does that mean I can get MU basic but not +?

Yeah exactly. You can get MU and DC Infinite in Canada.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh good. I'd heard...less than stellar things about comixology post-acquisition, and my quick test drive confirmed that.

Gonna read me some Roger Stern Spider Man, yessir!

Yeah it's bad. We also don't get Comixology Unlimited but I'm not sure that even exists anymore

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's a big part of why I'm more or less full digital now, good luck finding some obscure 90s licensed comic in print somewhere. I'll still buy physical stuff if it's something really good that I want as a collected thing, but if it's just to read digital is the way to go

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So for digital comics what are the options other than Amazon? Because it turns out Marvel Unlimited isn't available to me, Ms.Egg tried to buy it for me as a anniversary present and it explicitly said no Canucks.

You're looking at the wrong thing again, Marvel Unlimited is absolutely available in Canada and has been for years

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah that's my experience, I hate reading actual books on my iPad. I say tablet for comics and ereader for books

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Why on earth would you brag about that?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Last time I went to a con Todd Macfarlane was doing autographs for free which was cool of him. Though as a result the line was about 4 hours long so we decided not to

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's the Symkarian Air gate

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok, but once you recognize the secret reason for this meeting you’ll regret your words and deeds

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok well that's better then

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd say Boys gets better as it goes and starts getting to the actual story, but it's never amazing and it's miles below the show

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chip Zdarksy is coming to my lovely little town as part of his tour in the spring, what’s the etiquette on signing here? Never done this kind of thing outside of a con. Should I buy stuff directly or bring something of my own in with me?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll probably grab something, it's the only indie shop in town, just don't want them to run out of stuff before I'm there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I ordered a copy of the How to Draw Daredevil variant because it's one of my favourite gags, then I'll just grab a trade when I'm there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There was a Lone Wolf and Cub humble bundle last year that I think was complete, but of course that would be digital as well

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chip is a super swell guy. Really friendly and indulged all his fans. We're kind of in the middle of nowhere here and it's rare for anyone interesting to come, so it was a real treat.
I was hoping to grab a Public Domain tpb but the shop was sold out of almost everything, all they had were some singles and the Spider-Man tpb, but it's my kids birthday next month and he'll be an 11 year old boy, and I hear they like Spider-Man so that worked.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's a new one out where he fights with some pirates that looks good so far, but yeah the Stokoe ones are the highlights

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This is also fun, but it's a oneshot

I remember Giant Monster being decent

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Superman should be jacked, but like 1930s old timry jacked. Not rippling, well defined muscles and an 8 pack, but barrel cheated and sturdy. That's what a Kansas farm boy would look like anyways, and given that he gets his strength from the sun and he's not bench pressing buildings or anything, it would be more likely how he'd look

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I feel like this lede is pretty buried too

quote:

and the forthcoming BONE: More Tall Tales

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Buy more comics

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

AvesPKS posted:

I'm reading Transformers vs. GI Joe and it's so good, although I'm having trouble following the story and understanding character motivations at times, which really isn't that big of a deal.

Is there anything else out there that is similar to this type of artwork/style? I do have GI Joe and the Transformers queued up to read after this as well.

All of Scioli's stuff is similar, he's a mad man in the best way. Go Bots is closest but Godland is really cool if you're a Kirby fan

The Evil Reed Richards is presumably Maker from Hickman's Ultimates stuff. He's doing a new series called Ultimate Invasion right now but you'd probably want a reading guide if you want to jump into that stuff

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Ultimates was some good satire at the time. The scary thing was the people who didn’t realize it was satire.

Yeah, like the writers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The best Etrigan stuff other than what's been mentioned is, believe it or not, Ennis. Also Demon Knights was pretty fun

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There's also Unknown Soldier, which Ennis had a run on and is centered around Nam. It's sort of supernatural but not a Cape comic or anything

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My local con just added Gina Carano with about a month to go, over a month since they otherwise finalized the list. Scummy af

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Vancouver FanExpo, I remember them pulling the same poo poo with Sorbo in Toronto a couple years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm iffy on cons anyways because I don't think there's anyone I'd pay $100 to get a picture with, but we like to wander through the crafts and stuff. We skipped this for the last few years with covid and if I didn't already have travel and stuff booked this would have been enough to get me asking for a refund