Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I gots to know...what is the deal with Steve having a lady's face on his leg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I only read the first few trades before losing interest but the homeless angle was what I liked most too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gripweed posted:

Nemesis the Warlock owns so much

BE PURE!
BE VIGILANT!
BEHAVE!

God, it feels like a lifetime ago now.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The pollen count is very much telling my eyes that Spring has sprung, I’d much rather be somewhere with snow personally.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Uthor posted:

The book showed up today and HOLY gently caress it's huge. I really hope my cousin likes it so it doesn't eat up his bookshelf.

Yeah, I kinda fancied picking it up until I saw a copy in the shops. The size of it, you could batter someone to death with that loving thing.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I never understood the whole Superman being hugely jackedman thing anyway, he's a loving alien so impossibly strong that he'd probably have to work out for hours using oil tankers or something. A slimmer, 'just' defined version always made more sense to me.

Hell, most of the Mr Universe style physiques are ridiculous. Batman's a ninja, Flash a sprinter, Aquaman a swimmer, none of them need absurd bulk bar the Hulk and maybe Cap and Thor.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, fair point Skwirl. Swimmers tend to have shoulders for days, just hugeass mofos so yes, swimmers was a poor example on my part.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Never been to a con, just does not interest me at all, don't care about getting people to scrawl on my stuff etc. Although looking at that list, even I have to concede that meeting Walt & Weezy would be kinda awesome.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Well gently caress.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Random Stranger posted:

Wow, this one hits hard.

Yeah, reflecting on it some more, it's the first one that really hits me as someone from my era of reading stuff. I know there have been some terrible losses the last few years but they were all either before my time or (outside of the odd random issue) worked on books I never actually read back in the day. But J.M and Keith's JLI means as much to me as Claremont's X-Men/New Mutants, or the Simonsons' X-Factor, and the thought of anything happening to any of those folks is crushing.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, this is possibly the only time where I feel like not siding with an estate because the dude was hardcore, all-in on that nonsense, for good or ill. I don't deny it's a dumb as gently caress way to live but he was devoted to it and never hypocritical about it like the rest of them so it feels kinda disrespectful to try and push a claim that would go against the guy's wishes.

Just in this particular case.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Aw, there's yer man Paul Neary gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Aw man, Mark (MD) Bright has died. He was basically *the* Iron Man artist to me, I loved his stuff.