Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh, man... RIP, legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

While Matthew Rosenberg's X-Men was an uneven bag of creative ideas and a ton of misery/cheap deaths, I'm rather enjoying his take on the new Wildcats. I'm up to issue 9 and would recommend this run.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Joe Fisto posted:

I'm enjoying it too. I hadn't kept up with previous series so there are some things I don't understand.

Why OG WildCats members are antagonists? Why is Maul fighting the CATS?

From what I understand, it's a complete new universe now that the Wildstorm properties all folded into the new, main DC thing (New 52?).

Other than Maul, Caitlin Fairchild from Gen13 is also here and she has a very different origin and power set.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Wow, oof. Hopefully Jeff does a full recovery, but the prospects at his age (63) aren't particularly great. Hope I eat crow and he proves me to be utterly wrong by living to 90+, though!

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Aug 19, 2023

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Air Skwirl posted:

if they were collected in a pdf or cbr file somewhere

They are collected as cbz out there. Look up X-Men Elsewhen if you want, there's 32 issues of the thing so far. Or don't really. It's loving X-Men fanfiction written by a dickhead.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Frog Act posted:

This experience actually made me want to look into reading some X Men, since I was born in 1990 and grew up on the comics/toys/show/beachwear reading cards but haven’t tried to engage with it at all in like 20 years beyond a few episodes of the show which held up well enough for what they are. I just couldn’t figure out where to even try to begin

Other than the recommendation for Claremont's very extensive run, another shorter and mostly contained (that barely requires knowledge of the characters) is Grant Morrison's New X-Men. I'd suggest that one if you don't have the time/resources for the whole Claremont deal; you can also go back to Claremont's later on too.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

On a downer note, you may be aware that Peter David hasn't been having a good time lately. His health has fallen apart completely for the past year and the bills keep mounting.

There's an on-going fundraiser. If you have some spare money consider helping out, please.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Happy Partially Muscled Skeleton Screaming by the Perimeter Fence day to all who celebrate.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

It should just revert to public domain and nobody should profit from it.

That would be for the best, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Liefeld created some ripoff design from DC's Deathstroke that was used in a couple of pages of early X-Force.

Fabian Nicieza created Deadpool.

Know the difference!