Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
This is a devastating day. I made the mistake of trying to read the Harley Quinn Show tie-in comics *and* found out that All Eight Eyes is apparently a limited series? And only 4 issues? Dark times.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Dr. VooDoo posted:

How is All Eight Eyes? I pretty much only do horror comics currently so I’m used to most of my pulls being limited runs

I absolutely love it, but that’s partly because it just pushes all the right buttons for me.

I haven’t read the fourth issue though; the first three honestly feel like they’re setting up on ongoing thing so I guess the end will be pretty abrupt.

The only other horror book I’m following is w0rldtr33 which I don’t like nearly as much, but i like it just enough to keep going. There’s something new called The Cull coming that I may check out

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Yeah, I’ve been pulling w0rldtr33 but it’s starting to drag a bit story wise, issue four still feels like nothing but works building. I like the art, at least, and there’s hints of an ARG being done but nothing has happened with that either. I have The Cull set to be pulled too cause that one looks interesting

I think I'll try the Cull.

All Eight Eyes ended on issue 4. I loved it. Of the 8 billion comics I get each month, it's the one that I was looking forward to. I hope there's something else at some point. I would love an ongoing series that took this premise and played it completely straight.

I feel like Worldtree is trying too hard in the edgelord department and not hard enough in storytelling, but I'm not ready to bail on it just yet. We're 4 issues in but we could've easily been to this point in the story in 3 or maybe even 2. A lot of exposition and dialogue that doesn't drive it forward or develop anyone who matters. This can probably be said of a lot of comics, so it's more of an observation than a criticism.

Danknificent fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 3, 2023

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Scarlet Spider with the cutoff shirt! GOAT

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

I can’t tell if stuff like Vampirella and Zenescope has some invisible but generous following or it’s just money laundering like direct to DVD JCVD movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

6 with some Marvel titles; Predator v Logan and now the new Alien mini.