Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Update on our comic nerd representation.

https://twitter.com/jptstewart/status/1610409318305923072

That is one crisp looking SM #1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

She-Hulk just recently did the same thing with an ambulance stuck in traffic. I think Spider-Man's done it a few times. There's a really old one where he helps out an ambulance but it turns out it was stolen and they start shooting at him. Probably thought twice about it after that one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Air Skwirl posted:

Also, I'm not like a Deadpool guy, but didn't most of the 4th wall breaking wackiness not really happen until Joe Kelly or Gail Simone got their hands on the character, and that's the number one thing people who like Deadpool like about him.

The image you sometimes see of him and Bullseye where he says he last saw Bullseye in issue 13 or whatever of the series is the first time he broke the fourth wall. That was actually near the end of Kelly's run I believe. So yes it was Joe Kelly that first did it. Although Fabian Nicieza and weirdly enough Mark Waid were the ones at first to really shape his character at all.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Air Skwirl posted:

When did Mark Waid write Deadpool?

Fabian wrote the first Deadpool mini series. Mark Waid wrote the second one. The second one was a lot more influential on Kelly's ongoing with Deadpool. Introducing the relationship with Siryn and all that. I believe Waid was also the first one to make Deadpool scarred under the mask. Might be misremembering that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I'm pretty sure the scarring was revealed at the end of the first mini, but Waid was the one who first went into detail about the experiments and stuff.

You may be right. I seem to remember a scene involving maybe Kane where it was seen? I definitely remember the Waid mini the very first time you see him is a reveal of his charred face taking up most of the page. I believe it was also the first book to bring up Killebrew and all that as well which played majorly into the ongoing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah I use it for pulls and read logs. App on the phone works great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Uthor posted:

G. O. D. S. #1 was :10bux:

That was also three times the size of a normal issue. So on a per page basis it was actually a bit discounted.