Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Frog Act posted:

I am going to drive myself to complete madness trying to locate a copy of Corto Maltese: The Secret Rose. I just spent a completely absurd $200 buying The Golden House of Samarkand and Tango which leaves me with only one missing. I feel like they might be the best adventure/"real world" comics ever written and it is just so frustrating how difficult they are to find. While I'm at it, it is completely bonkers that Lone Wolf and Cub has a 28 volume reprint from 2016 and the only ones actually available anymore are 1-10. I don't understand why so many important classic historical comics are so utterly neglected

The Lone Wolf & Cub reprint was twelve volumes; it was Dark Horse's original version that ran twenty-eight volumes.

I'm waiting for them to do an unflipped version; I'd buy it all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I dunno if this is the right thread for this but I didn't see a "what comic am I thinking of?" thread so I thought I'd ask. I'm trying to remember the title of a comic, it's about some medieval MMO where the protagonist realizes she's part of a video game...or something. I don't remember anything about it or even if it was good, but occasionally it pops into my head and I just need this itch scratched at this point.

The long-lost Nonplayer?

https://imagecomics.com/comics/series/nonplayer

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

I feel like this can be the sad news thread too often.

Ramona Fradon passed away today. I don't know if there's any golden age artists left with her passing...

There are a few:

Jack Katz is still going; his first published work appeared in 1943.

The first work by Larry Lieber appeared in the early 1950s, though I think he was working in the business in the '40s.

Bob Bolling and Angelo Torres both got started in the early '50s.